Barry Switzer shuts down Lincoln Riley to Cowboys noise

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't think he's shutting down Riley going to Dallas. He's just stating the facts.

And leaving out a tiny fact that Riley will NOT have full access/control of the team, respecting Jerry on doing so.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't think he's shutting down Riley going to Dallas. He's just stating the facts.

And leaving out that tiny part that Riley will NOT have full control of the team respecting Jerry on doing so.
Yeah, The body of the article didn't say with certainty Riley wouldn't take the Cowboys head coaching gig. But I think it lays out why it most likely won't happen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we really have to have this conversation every year?

If a football coach wants to reach the pinnacle of his profession he has to do it in the NFL. Period. There is no rebuttal to that. College is the minor leagues. If you're content in the minors, have fun but it speaks volumes about you.

CB61

Reaction score
I'm not even going to have the conversation anymore until Carrot Top is gone fun to speculate though? Jerry may totally shocked us with his pic if it happens

Hardline

Reaction score

If a football coach wants to reach the pinnacle of his profession he has to do it in the NFL. Period. There is no rebuttal to that. College is the minor leagues. If you're content in the minors, have fun but it speaks volumes about you.

As long as people like to think college head coaches are beating down the doors of NFL owners to reach the pinnacle then yes. we do need to bring this up every year.

The college game is big time huge. Ill take national championships over Super Bowls any day.

DFWJC

Reaction score

No.
Not really.

Totally different dynamic

DFWJC

Reaction score
Imagine a college player who excels throughout his collegiate years but wants to stay in college rather than going to the NFL. This is the same thing.
Not remotely the same thing.
Way, way off base.

Many of the very best college coaches have no desire to coach pros.

Just agree to disagree, I guess.

links18

Reaction score

Someone got Saban burned....

8FOR!3

Reaction score
No.
Not really.

Totally different dynamic

Agreed that college isn’t the minors where $$ is concerned if you’re in a major program. Top college coaches in basketball and football could pretty much get any open pro job they want.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not remotely the same thing.
Way, way off base.

Many of the very best college coaches have no desire to coach pros.

Just agree to disagree, I guess.

If those many of the very best college coaches (minor leagues) have no desire to coach in the pros than they have no desire to reach the top of their profession. They are content at a lower level. I never said these people didn't exist. They just don't prioritize being the best at coaching football.

College is the minors. It's an inferior brand of football. A feeder system for the NFL. Where the best coach and play. There is no disagreeing with that.