Basically our projecting starting DL all out

Mr_437

Reaction score
Parsons is better at any position that he plays that anybody else at that position on the Cowboys roster.

He seems to defy physics with his ability to take on blocks from OLinemen including double teams.
I agree. I'm not confident in the LB group if Parsons isn't a part of it. Arthur Smith will run every play if it's there. Parsons is gold, but the others Rushers need to step and get home, so #11 can plug the run on run downs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
are there any pass rushers or DT on the street that are better then we got that can finish out the season with us?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oliver Vernon
curious as to why they dont bring a guy in for work out at the very least..like the tote says the entire starting dl is out..

i know we have soem depth but how about depth of depth,,seems to me they should look at someone like him for non guaranteed 9 game trial run.,.if hes a jag cut him after a few games..truly no risk..

Mr_437

Reaction score
curious as to why they dont bring a guy in for work out at the very least..like the tote says the entire starting dl is out..

i know we have soem depth but how about depth of depth,,seems to me they should look at someone like him for non guaranteed 9 game trial run.,.if hes a jag cut him after a few games..truly no risk..
I'm with you.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hamilton has moved ahead of Bohanna with regards to snaps counts the last few games.

In theory 3-4 is the better run defense but they've given up some big run plays when they tried using it.
- When in doubt, simple is better (i.e. 3-4 looks change the run fits that players must learn).

Gifford and Bernard are unlikely to play on defense.

If Trysten Hill and Gallimore remain unavailable we’re down to only 4 DT’s and 5 LB’s at this point.

For this game, we’re as thin at the front 7 as we can be with 1 more injury pending during game play.

Basham and Golston would be our starting DE’s in a 4-3.

If Hamilton can play NT in a 3-4 then give him the start over Bohanna but I don’t believe that’s the case.

I understand you’re not interested in the 3-4 for this game but I am due to our depth and lack of starting talent in the front 7.

quickccc

Reaction score
Prior to camp, the Cowboys projected starting lineman was expected to be: DLaw, Gregory at DE and Gallimore, Urban starting in the middle. All 4 are now out and might be out still for awhile. No matter the opponents they face, must waver the storm. Everyone is going to need to step up, not just the defense, but offense/special teams as well.

I didn't project Urban as a starter before training camp or even the OTAs, .i had to see how it plays out with the Bohanna, Osa and Watkins by summer's end, rather.
i had to try to get a look and understanding of the scheme, roles and positioning Quinn was putting together.

quickccc

Reaction score
What i don't get with Quinn and his rotations, is there are some 3rd downs and long , where i don't see Gregory in ... but i'll see someone like Bohanna in that are not rush guys at all.
and they are in there on 3rd downs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I didn't project Urban as a starter before training camp or even the OTAs, .i had to see how it plays out with the Bohanna, Osa and Watkins by summer's end, rather.
i had to try to get a look and understanding of the scheme, roles and positioning Quinn was putting together.
Watkins/Urban are similar two down run players.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
DE: Basham, Armstrong, Golston n Kamara
DT: Osa, Bohanna, Watkins n Hamilton

Starting:
RE - Armstrong
LE - Basham
DT - Odigizuwa
NT - Watkins

Can't afford to have Parsons playing DE on run downs.
That dude can play anywhere he wants except for 3Tec.

JayFord

Reaction score
then the backups need to perform at an elite level

the Broncos were missing 3/5th of their offensive line and i think a 4th one went down during the game and they moved our defensive line out of the way like they were the Denver Moving company

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We were down both Gregory and Lawrence for the Chargers game. Let's just hope the defense is once again up to the challenge. At least slow the Falcons down. lol