CFZ Bass at LG and Tyler at LT Could Help with Offensive Line Struggles

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tyler’s best position in this league is by far and away at guard. All pro guard or average Tackle… it’s really that simple!

I watched 2022 entirely he was hardly “ average “. At guard against the Chargers that’s more penalties against him then I remember ever at Tackle .

And did anyone get a look at 77 get bull rushed pushed back into Dak. Not fun for the offense . The line has been ragged .

RonWashington

Reaction score
not sure how you can read my respnse and come away with I do like the line play.I was yammering all off season we needed to upgrade after the draft i was hot on how round 2 transpired and I have said all year it will be our downfall so no i do not like our line play despite what PFF stats get thrown out they are regularly getting beat from one spot or another

No OL round 2 but another TE . Eagles took a OT round 2 .

exciter

Reaction score
I watched 2022 entirely he was hardly “ average “. At guard against the Chargers that’s more penalties against him then I remember ever at Tackle .

And did anyone get a look at 77 get bull rushed pushed back into Dak. Not fun for the offense . The line has been ragged .
Tyler had 13 penalties last year.
I saw a coverage sack and a bad roll out by Dak. All he had to do was step up… instead he ran into the sack. Why pff and others didn’t credit Tyron with his first sack of the year!

starfan1

Reaction score
No OL round 2 but another TE . Eagles took a OT round 2 .
Although I didn’t hate the pick I would have waited on DT till later and targeted OL RB as my first 2 picks

Oh well water under bridge I didn’t feel TE was pressing but maybe I was wrong

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know many would like to keep Tyler at LG, including myself (ideally). But if the goal is to get your best 5 of the field, I'd suggest moving Tyler to LT and playing Bass at LG. I was actually impressed with how stout Bass is, and how smart he seems to be as a player. To me, having Bass and Tyler on the left side gives you more flexibility in the run game and maybe even better pass protection.

Plus, it's only a matter of time before Tyron gets injured again.

I want to plan for the future. Starting Bass not only develops him for the future, but it allows you to be more creative in the run game on the left side because Tyler and Bass are more mobile than Tyron nowadays.

Part of the problem is obviously McCarthy, but he made about as much improvement in one week as you could ask for. I saw more pre-snap motion and a tad bit more creativity in the passing game, which really helped our team. I would just like to be more consistent on offense.

I know it would suck for Tyler to have to switch positions again, but I think it would be better for productivity.

The way I see it, Tyron is starting now based on his legacy. And the team seems set on leaving Tyler at LG, which is why Edoga is backing up Tyron. I just think we're a better team with Tyler at the most important position on the line. And I think Bass can man that spot and play well enough to start at LG. To me, fixing the offensive line problems is the first thing I'd work on during the bye week.

We have a lot of depth, but not a whole lot of stability with our starting 5.
So your plan is to bench Tyron, who is probably playing the best out of anyone on the line? It's a bold strategy Cotton...