Be proactive!

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
“Can’t build a team with players from the outside”

I live in Philly and my brothers a Broncos fan. Both teams proved that quote to be false. Yeah the drafts important, hell its more important than free agency.

That doesn’t mean you be so cheap that you take yourself out of contention. Spend some money Jerry. Trade for someone. Do something, and do it right. Philly and Denver just both recently proved outside acquisitions can completely boost your team if you make the right decisions. So sick of watching us trash pick

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Jerry tried that but overpaid for free agents. That's how Jerry got himself into this salary cap hell predicament. If a free agent is available and can be an immediate asset, and not cost an arm and a hoof, then sure, bring them in. I just don't see a play maker coming to Big D because of the salary he'll be demanding.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I live in Philly and my brothers a Broncos fan. Both teams proved that quote to be false. Yeah the drafts important, hell its more important than free agency.

That doesn’t mean you be so cheap that you take yourself out of contention. Spend some money Jerry. Trade for someone. Do something, and do it right. Philly and Denver just both recently proved outside acquisitions can completely boost your team if you make the right decisions. So sick of watching us trash pick

The core issue in Dallas is that we don't really have a football philosophy and that makes selecting free agents kind of a crap shoot. We aren't good at it.

Big_D

Reaction score
I definitely think it's important to utilize free agency and not just depend on the draft.

Pants

Reaction score
Hard to be proactive when the FO doesn't see any issues; besides, what legit FAs would want to come to this clown show with clappy the clown up front - unless they are just winding down and live relatively close....

GMO415

Reaction score
If we cut Dez then sign Robinson from the Jags

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The core issue in Dallas is that we don't really have a football philosophy and that makes selecting free agents kind of a crap shoot. We aren't good at it.
I agree. In fact...Cowboys fans, I’m curious- what is the philosophy or guiding vision for this team? I’m interested in seeing what people think this organization is building around.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. In fact...Cowboys fans, I’m curious- what is the philosophy or guiding vision for this team? I’m interested in seeing what people think this organization is building around.

You should start a new thread to make this point.

kskboys

Reaction score

Can't build a team w/ FA, but you can dang sure make some quality pickups to fill the gaps and put you over the edge into super bowl contention. Nolan Carroll and Byron Bell were not those types!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we're just in the nfl to prove were football guys. we think we can out think other teams, pick hurt players, small school players that nobody will take a chance on just to prove we're smarter than them. We basically been football dumb since the 90's. "one more guy and we're in the super bowl".. one more year of excuses and the fans are on the hook again... "everybody was hurt, suspended or just forgot how to coach or play".. lmao... when's 2019 draft and who are we thinking about picking....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Can't build a team w/ FA, but you can dang sure make some quality pickups to fill the gaps and put you over the edge into super bowl contention. Nolan Carroll and Byron Bell were not those types!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy you got that right!:hammer:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I live here in the Philly area and the Eagles turning there franchise around in record time and winning a SB feels about as good in my archives of Cowboy history as Jackie Smith dropping the ball . The Catch and Tom Landry getting fired .

This shows what can happen in our division when a team has a competent FO that is capable of making good decisions . It all starts there and we are hopelessly inept . Jerry is unable to acquire enough talent for us to get there and Garrett couldn't coach them to there potential if he could .

These 2 areas don't look like they are changing anytime soon so I will be forced to hang my head while the Eagles kick our butts for the next 5 yrs at least . They showed they were capable of beating and out coaching the best even when the Pats were playing there best and at a record setting pace . All we ever show is a way to under achieve . Its a sad time for Cowboys fans a real reality check on how bad this team is run .

GMO415

Reaction score
Haze...this is what JJ thinks of us fans.....
bhy8kXw.gif