Bears are releasing OL Josh Sitton

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are people thinking of him as a swing tackle? The guy is a pure guard.
Kind of reminds of when Flo left and every OL available was mentioned as a possible replacement. Even if they were a Center who hadnt played a snap in a year

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes...but I thought he has played some spot duty at tackle also?
He may have but if he did it was out of desperation. If you are looking purely for a swing tackle, the options we already have are far better than Sitton

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Bears are releasing Pro Bowl offensive lineman Sitton. Do we dare take a hard look at him in free agency? It would free us up in the draft to fill other needs as well.
I would look to the draft. He struggled through ankle and rib injuries last season. The rib problem can be over looked, the ankle issue on the other hand. How bad is it?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm all over this if I am the Cowboys, one less thing to worry about going into the off-season and it doesn't hurt you with respect to compensatory next year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
An aggressive move to go after him would be what a smart team that wants to contend would do.

It would immediately solve the LG situation for the time being and have a player there who is still playing at a very high level.

Signing him would solve the LG situation for a couple of years and would be an immediate upgrade over re-signing Cooper.

And before there is a lecture about his price tag, well, you get what you pay for.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A little pet peeve of mine. This "free us up for the draft" mindset. See, how it works is.... if we can sign these players then, and only then, can we draft properly. Otherwise we got to force things in the draft, people.

Lets cross our fingers that we can sign the right group of veteran free agents that will give us the freedom to make smart decisions in the draft. It would be a damn shame if we're forced to be stupid.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can still play. He won’t be that cheap, but we should consider it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
A little pet peeve of mine. This "free us up for the draft" mindset. See, how it works is.... if we can sign these players then, and only then, can we draft properly. Otherwise we got to force things in the draft, people.

Lets cross our fingers that we can sign the right group of veteran free agents that will give us the freedom to make smart decisions in the draft. It would be a damn shame if we're forced to be stupid.
Ok...I get it...I agree though.A over used phrase I suppose. lol...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thats why some are suggesting Sitton. So you arent obligated to take Wynn at 19.
bingo. Sitton,altho a guard,has shown versatility at both guard and tackle...and we love us versatility. It wouldnt preclude us from drafting a guard or tackle either...

Rayman70

Reaction score
An aggressive move to go after him would be what a smart team that wants to contend would do.

It would immediately solve the LG situation for the time being and have a player there who is still playing at a very high level.

Signing him would solve the LG situation for a couple of years and would be an immediate upgrade over re-signing Cooper.

And before there is a lecture about his price tag, well, you get what you pay for.
Amen..well said!!