Beasley should have been retained

Proof

Reaction score
Lol

Yes, because you should compare the output of a Linehan slot to a Moore slot. Jesus.

Cobb did almost lead the league in drops last season, I'll give him that.

So you tell bro, how exactly should it be evaluated. What criteria should we be using? But yes, Cole is much more sure handed. Definitely. Probably for the extremely shallow depth of target and lack of attn from good cb’s

Sydla

Reaction score
You posted their stat lines originally and you're proposing I need to think deeper? Lmao. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

50 more yards and half the TDs with a QB that threw for nearly 2k more yards and 10 more touchdowns.

Being the 2nd option instead of the 3rd isn't that big of a difference compared to the difference in volume each offense had that season.

I assumed most fans would have a basic understanding of the roles each played. Cobb was not a primary receiver for the team.

So again, it should surprise no one that Beasley had more catches than Cobb, even with Allen as QB. It also shows that no, the Cowboys did not make a mistake in getting rid of him.

The Beasley crowd is as funny as the "Man, can't believe we let Heath go" crowd.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So you tell bro, how exactly should it be evaluated. What criteria should we be using? But yes, Cole is much more sure handed. Definitely. Probably for the extremely shallow depth of target and lack of attn from good cb’s

Ahh because you think Randall Cobb gets attention from good CBs? Is that the straw we are grasping at? That's rich.

% of team catches, yardage, and TDs is likely the best.

Both Beasley and Cobb had 18% of team yardage share, with Beasley having a much higher TD share. Exact same weapons around them.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I assumed most fans would have a basic understanding of the roles each played. Cobb was not a primary receiver for the team.

So again, it should surprise no one that Beasley had more catches than Cobb, even with Allen as QB. It also shows that no, the Cowboys did not make a mistake in getting rid of him.

The Beasley crowd is as funny as the "Man, can't believe we let Heath go" crowd.
Beasley having more catches isn't what is even being argued lmao. That's when yoi know you've lost when you don't even know the argument.

The "Cobb is a clear upgrade" crowd are the same as the "HHCD is a clear upgrade over Heath" crowd. Both lack any understanding of football, and the grass is always greener.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Let's try it this way.

Beasley is blowing Cobb's production out of the water and also his production from last season after adding weapons around him this year. Making him the WR 2/3/4 depending on the day.

Why is that?

If you're just trying to claim, "yeah he had more catches because of where he was on the pecking order" then why has he blown up this season going from 51.9 ypg to 66.4 ypg after moving down the pecking order? He's having his best year to date, despite having arguably the most competition around him in his career.

The answer is simple, let's see if you get it right.

Proof

Reaction score
Ahh because you think Randall Cobb gets attention from good CBs? Is that the straw we are grasping at? That's rich.

% of team catches, yardage, and TDs is likely the best.

Both Beasley and Cobb had 18% of team yardage share, with Beasley having a much higher TD share. Exact same weapons around them.

lol i see you ignored the rest and latched on the most trivial point. good stuff. td share? bruh stop it, please. that's a super corny reach.

Proof

Reaction score

please dont lump me in there. haha been trash, and i liked heath.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's try it this way.

Beasley is blowing Cobb's production out of the water and also his production from last season after adding weapons around him this year. Making him the WR 2/3/4 depending on the day.

Why is that?

If you're just trying to claim, "yeah he had more catches because of where he was on the pecking order" then why has he blown up this season going from 51.9 ypg to 66.4 ypg after moving down the pecking order? He's having his best year to date, despite having arguably the most competition around him in his career.

The answer is simple, let's see if you get it right.

Because Allen is throwing the ball more this year? I mean it's simply a volume question at this point. Allen is on pace to throw the ball way more than he has in any year. Beasley is also the #2 WR in Buffalo. You keep poo pooing it, but yes, there is often a difference in production between a slot guy and the #2 outside WR.

At the end of the day, no, the Cowboys were not wrong to let Beasley walk. And that's my overriding point here. When you factor in contracts, production, etc., no the Cowboys did not screw up letting Beasley walk. And frankly, nowhere did I argue that Cobb was way better. I just pointed out that production wise, there wasn't a ton of difference between the two and Cobb was cheaper and in a backwards way, helped us end up with Lamb.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Because Allen is throwing the ball more this year? I mean it's simply a volume question at this point. Allen is on pace to throw the ball way more than he has in any year. Beasley is also the #2 WR in Buffalo. You keep poo pooing it, but yes, there is often a difference in production between a slot guy and the #2 outside WR.

At the end of the day, no, the Cowboys were not wrong to let Beasley walk. And that's my overriding point here. When you factor in contracts, production, etc., no the Cowboys did not screw up letting Beasley walk. And frankly, nowhere did I argue that Cobb was way better. I just pointed out that production wise, there wasn't a ton of difference between the two and Cobb was cheaper and in a backwards way, helped us end up with Lamb.

PERFECT!

And so your initial argument was just silly. Lol. Thank you for proving my point, I am proud!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
lol i see you ignored the rest and latched on the most trivial point. good stuff. td share? bruh stop it, please. that's a super corny reach.

Your post

"So tell me bro, how exactly should it be evaluated"
I told you how it should be evaluated

"What criteria should we use"
Same thing

"Cole is much more sure handed"
No comment needed there

"Probably extremely low depth of target and lack of attention for good CBs"
I touch on you trying on you trying to use good CBS as an excuse

So "ignoring the rest and latching onto the most trivial part" seems to be another made up stupid post by you lol. I addressed 95% of your post. Your straw grasping is being exposed.

Good try little buddy, see ya next time!

Sydla

Reaction score
PERFECT!

And so your initial argument was just silly. Lol. Thank you for proving my point, I am proud!

My initial argument was that we didn't make a mistake letting him walk. That the difference in production showed we didn't miss Beasley.

Make the case that I am wrong.

Proof

Reaction score
Your post

Same thing

No comment needed there

So "ignoring the rest and latching onto the most trivial part" seems to be another made up stupid post by you lol. I addressed 95% of your post. Your straw grasping is being exposed.

umm ignoring the rest as in cobbs better numbers on a cheaper salary and specifically the monstrous disparity in ypa. My attributing coles better catch rate to shorter routes is tangential and guessing. So sure let’s discard it.

More targets, more games, main option for half the year, less yards, same tds.

upgraded

it’s cool bro. You were wrong, easy to see, everyone knows. Gloating about being wrong is the only issue. Work on that. Or I can school you again in the future. I don’t mind.

Proof

Reaction score
Your post

Same thing

No comment needed there

I don’t want to argue though. I usually agree with your posts. Just not this one

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You can't run an offense on short slants all game defense knows all you can do is throw short LB and safety move up and play the short rout very aggressive. Again DC know this, they know our situation in protections. You throw a 3 to 5 yard pass and get 3 to 5 yard if you can get the ball in there. There is nothing Beasley can do that Ceedee can't do. I like Beasley but he is not the solution nor keeping him would have change anything

Where did it say you could run an all game short slant passing attack? I said you could, and should, do that to help out the o-line, and that Beasley was good at it.

That's all I said, I wasn't talking about the total passing offense attack.

Geez, make a simple point and it gets expanded to running the entire team....

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Nothing right now since Dak is hurt. What does Allen do better than Romo?

Shows how much confidence you have in dak. You had to skip right to Romo. I never said anything about Romo, you did just to reach for a point because you yourself dont even believe dak is better than Allen.

But since we are on Romo, Allen can run better and has a better arm than Romo ever did.

What has Romo ever done so special besides stat pad and choke on the grand stage?