Beasley to the Bills

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
You and I sir are in a very small minority but with a handful of others...
Totally agree and perfectly summarized. Can't believe even some of the Dak detractors whose opinion I agree with more often than not, were so against Beasley.

Once the 2 man offense of Zeke and Coop is limited by the opposing d coordinators like It was last year, and the 3rd down conversion rate is even worse...Maybe a few that are currently against keeping Cole, may re-consider.

All I know is he got open consistently and mostly got us first downs
when needed.

Except when he was hurt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So Josh Allen has

John Brown
Zay Jones
Cole Beasley

It's not great, but it is a nice mixture and an upgrade from last year.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
His best game this year was vs the jags in a 40-7 blowout,

But his best performance was vs the giants week 17.

Ten games this season under 50 yards and three of the remaining six ones over were 51,53 and 56 respectively.

He was no factor in the playoffs.
1/8 of his seasons first downs came in the Jax blowout.
More than half of his first downs came when we were leading the game already.

I don’t hate him.
He was more than useful at times.
But he’s on the wrong side of the age spectrum for us, he wanted to get paid, he’s at best the fourth offensive option here and possibly worse.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's guaranteed not to win anything in Buffalo. And he's guaranteed obscurity. Let's face facts, they're as irrelevant as it gets in the NFL. Ever been to that town? It's a truck stop along the highway, nowhere. A place you drive through, not to.

Say what we will about Dallas, but they have some semblance of a Super Bowl chance. Buffalo? No. Not now, not soon, and certainly not during Beasley's two-to-three-year run up there.

And he's also tossed away any chance at being a "Cowboys alumni" and having a career covering the team after he retires like guys like Newton, Irvin, Smith, Aikman, and Johnston have. He's just another player now.

Like I said, I hope he saves his money.

Again, he's an irrelevant millionaire rather than being lower paid in a mediocre franchise in Dallas.

There is no negative here for Beasley on the financial side - he got the money he needed before leaving the NFL. Which is what this was all about LOL There is no "owning" Beasley. He got paid, we'll still watch our team fail in the playoffs if we even get there.

He'll warm up in buffalo with his cash.

Jipper

Reaction score
His best game this year was vs the jags in a 40-7 blowout,

But his best performance was vs the giants week 17.

Ten games this season under 50 yards and three of the remaining six ones over were 51,53 and 56 respectively.

He was no factor in the playoffs.
1/8 of his seasons first downs came in the Jax blowout.
More than half of his first downs came when we were leading the game already.

I don’t hate him.
He was more than useful at times.
But he’s on the wrong side of the age spectrum for us, he wanted to get paid, he’s at best the fourth offensive option here and possibly worse.

Yup....he was good and peaked 2 years ago but best of luck

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Cowboys WR corp should be better than last year

• Amari Cooper for a full season
  • Michael Gallup in his 2nd year
  • Hurns healthier...hopefully
  • and possibly a nice addition from a farily deep mid round draft class.

JustChip

Reaction score
Now it’s imperative that we resign Tavon Austin. If we lose him him too, it’s curtains for our receiving corp

In what parallel universe does Tavon make or break this receiving corps? He is very limited as a wide receiver and no where near as accomplished as Beasley in the slot. He is a better returner, but that has nothing to do with receiving.