Beasley to the Bills

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Don't share the vitriol being slung at the Bease. For an UDFA he played dam well, and how ever long his career lasts he has to get what he can. Not surprised he decided to go elsewhere. 2 of the best catches Cowboys have had in recent years belong to him.
We will hopefully move forward and slot should not be too hard to fill, draft or in house.
Thanks for your contributions fella. Enjoy the snow !

BigD_95

Reaction score
Don't share the vitriol being slung at the Bease. For an UDFA he played dam well, and how ever long his career lasts he has to get what he can. Not surprised he decided to go elsewhere. 2 of the best catches Cowboys have had in recent years belong to him.
We will hopefully move forward and slot should not be too hard to fill, draft or in house.
Thanks for your contributions fella. Enjoy the snow !

Love the post and agree 100 % !

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Umm....newsflash...DLaw is franchised. He can't go anywhere under that tag.
Duh, I know that...he has an unsigned tag contract.......it doesn't bode well with other players when they see a top player that is performing like you hoped they would when you drafted them and the FO not wanting to pay when the time comes.

To my knowledge he's never stated he wanted to be THE top paid but top market value........you can bet that Cooper is watching this closely because he'll be going through it next year.

exciter

Reaction score
Now it’s imperative that we resign Tavon Austin. If we lose him him too, it’s curtains for our receiving corp
Yup... because what would we ever do without his 8 receptions last season or the one rec for minus 2 yard in the Rams game filling in for Beasley!

kumizi

Reaction score
$14 million guaranteed should set him up for life. Good for him coming from being an undrafted guy. He’s not really in the position to pick and chose his spots because he has a ton of career earnings. I’d go to Rusiia for 3-4 years for $14 million.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cole Beasley had the best hands in the entire league. Four passes percentages caught. Make no mistake about it this is a loss. We just didn't utilize him correctly or enough

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, but this whole "career irrelevance" - man, he wasn't getting a Super Bowl here either and now he has $17 million guaranteed. I'd be happy to be an irrelevant millionaire.

He's guaranteed not to win anything in Buffalo. And he's guaranteed obscurity. Let's face facts, they're as irrelevant as it gets in the NFL. Ever been to that town? It's a truck stop along the highway, nowhere. A place you drive through, not to.

Say what we will about Dallas, but they have some semblance of a Super Bowl chance. Buffalo? No. Not now, not soon, and certainly not during Beasley's two-to-three-year run up there.

And he's also tossed away any chance at being a "Cowboys alumni" and having a career covering the team after he retires like guys like Newton, Irvin, Smith, Aikman, and Johnston have. He's just another player now.

Like I said, I hope he saves his money.

Carson

Reaction score
Cole Beasley had the best hands in the entire league. Four passes percentages caught. Make no mistake about it this is a loss. We just didn't utilize him correctly or enough

We didn’t utilize him right at the end because we have no talent at receiver. He’s best with some talent outside of him (Cooper, Dez etc) I just don’t see Buffalo being that

sideon

Reaction score
"can't" and "have declined to over pay" are two very different things.
They offered Sammy Watkins the same deal the Chiefs did and he chose the Chiefs. The Cowboys are like every other average franchise, they can't just sell players on playing for America's team anymore. If ET ends up here it's because they overpaid or no other team wanted him.
This is terrible! Who will be our elite punt returner???????
He was the hardest WR on this team to cover on 3rd down, and that's a very valuable player to have.

zack

Reaction score
My friend who is a Bills fan says that Dallas offered him a contract? Any truth to that?

IAmLegend

Reaction score
A lot of salty people in this thread. Good for him tbh. Nobody else was going to him that kind of dough.

Get your money Beaz. Thanks for everything brother and good luck in the frozen tundra.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Good bye Beas and good riddance; Good in small space, but has no break-away speed. Also I think those injuries are going to lag.