Beating teams you were supposed to beat, even by a lot, what does it do for your confidence level on this season?

snadler

Reaction score
I see a lot of predictable posts today after another boys dominate win against one of the worst teams in the league. This franchise has become so predictable, after the loss to philly and the upcoming schedule you knew the boys would get fat in these next 3 games. But in my opinion, it has not done anything to convince me this season is any different. The 2 games against the best teams in the NFC they lost to, their last few games of the year after this easy stretch will tell you a lot more about this team than these last few. Just how it is.

Gambit

Reaction score
I see a lot of predictable posts today after another boys dominate win against one of the worst teams in the league. This franchise has become so predictable, after the loss to philly and the upcoming schedule you knew the boys would get fat in these next 3 games. But in my opinion, it has not done anything to convince me this season is any different. The 2 games against the best teams in the NFC they lost to, their last few games of the year after this easy stretch will tell you a lot more about this team than these last few. Just how it is.
Fun facts to help you through this terribly troubling time of The Cowboys wins.

1. No individual team makes the schedule or picks the teams they play

2. Each team as being part of the NFL is obligated to playing the teams they are scheduled to play.

3. Wins during the regular season are what allows teams to reach the playoffs and have a shot at Superbowl. EVEN the ones against bad teams.

Just how it is.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Dallas is a very good team. I like their chances against every team in the conference except the 49ers. Doesn't mean they will win every time against those teams, or lose every time to the 49ers.
SF is just the team that does everything schematically that gives this Dallas team problems, and with excellent coaching/personnel. We're still a long ways from January so a lot can happen, so we'll see...

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

2. Each team as being part of the NFL is obligated to playing the teams they are scheduled to play.

3. Wins during the regular season are what allows teams to reach the playoffs and have a shot at Superbowl. EVEN the ones against bad teams.

Just how it is.
None of that changes or refutes anything the OP stated.

snadler

Reaction score
Boys could beat the commanders by 50, and it won’t do anything to change my mind that this team with this coach will go on the road and beat SF, or Philly. The only way this team gets to the NFC championship game is being the #1 seed which is still unlikely.

John813

Reaction score
My confidence level?

I mean, it's still the same, even after the loss vs the Eagles. Still in the mindset of wait and see how they look in the postseason.

Outside of the 49ers, I think they have a good shot vs anyone in the NFC. Hell, they could beat the 49ers, but I think there's a mental block there

Aven8

Reaction score
Just have to keep winning and stay healthy. Getting in is the most important thing. Winning the division would be awesome. The playoff field is wide open. Everyone is beatable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
another predictable miserable fan post.. can't enjoy week to week wins in week to week league. Typical good on ya . :facepalm: :angry:

Jipper

Reaction score
It's the same story we have seen many times before.

Look great against crappy teams, lose to good ones, setup going into November, stumble in Dec and get knocked out of playoffs early

That's what I expect and no combination of beating the likes of NY or CLT is going to make me think otherwise.

Now...if they win against Washington then beat Seattle, I think the table will be set to change the narrative which would start against philly...there is a path but I have next to 0 confidence anything will be different

RS12

Reaction score
Boys could beat the commanders by 50, and it won’t do anything to change my mind that this team with this coach will go on the road and beat SF, or Philly. The only way this team gets to the NFC championship game is being the #1 seed which is still unlikely.
Thanks for saving many of us the key strokes. Feel good wins against bad teams are all well and good, but it is all about the playoffs for many of us. Need to see how they are playing at that point but my confidence on road playoff wins is low right now. And before anybody mentions last years road playoff win, that team had no business in the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Been fooled too man times. Team really has taken care of business against crap teams this year, save for the Arizona game. But at the end of the day, just whipping bad teams doesn't change the fact this team continually shows a depressing inconsistency in big games and the playoffs. I need them to beat Philly and a couple of the big names like Buffalo and Detroit coming down the stretch for me to think this team really has a chance to make a deep, long run in the postseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you’re saying and share the same concerns. For the past several years, we’ve shown ourselves as an ‘upper middle team’ that beats mediocre teams and thrashes the bad ones.

But we’ve shown that we can’t beat the truly good ones, at least not with any consistency. And that’s frustrating for me too.

For the sake of offering a different perspective, I’ll share that I’ve chosen to enjoy the ride, along with games like yesterday.

My reasoning is simple. If I don’t, I’ll just be aggravated and the Cowboys will be a negative for me rather than something I enjoy. And what’s the point of having that in my life?

The season will be over before we know it. It always is. So I try to enjoy it and every game while I can. Let the chips fall where they may.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stop watching and posting because we're tired of the backstabbing whining.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
another predictable miserable fan post.. can't enjoy week to week wins in week to week league. Typical good on ya . :facepalm: :angry:
another predictable post by you as well...and again, he stated the next few games will tell us more but I am guesing you are unable to read beyond a thread title. Where does he show being miserable? If you have nothing constructive to add, then stay out of it. For the record, when you ask me if I have anything to add?

I am very encouraged by how this team is playing, and very encouraged by how Dak has played the last number of games. Likewise, we did lose to the top 2 NFC teams, and as I am confident we can beat the Iggles...I see no path as to how we can beat the 9ers though, they are just that damn good. There ya go

Dakota

Reaction score
I just wish the NFL would adopt a policy by which the margin of victory over losing teams would determine the #1 seed in your conference. Also I think to be fair to all teams, they should put in a policy that eliminates teams that have played in a conference championship over the course of the last 25 years from playing in the post season. It's not fair if the same teams continue to dominate the conference year after year. They should also allow teams to "bank" excess points scored against bad teams to be used against good teams when needed. If this were the case my confidence level would be pretty high.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's November.This team can do nothing for you to be convinced things have changed. That won't happen until the playoffs.

Fans want a quick fix. Its not. It's a long season. Be happy we are at least good enough to dominate bad teams because that wasn't always the case. Under Garrett we didn't dominate bad teams on the field.

What we do know about this team is they are better than most teams in the league. They will out coach most teams in the league. What we don't know is how good.

Gambit

Reaction score
None of that changes or refutes anything the OP stated.
And your comment does nothing to refute or change the facts I gave.

It was meant to offer a more realistic and reality centered view, not refute or change anything.

Thanks for your astute input though, It's appreciated.

Momanpr100

Reaction score

Just how it is.
It's amazing how so many disregard #3, and it be the older ones at that. Like they don't know how this goes, you need to win regular season games to make the playoffs lol.