Beatles vs Stones

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
They're not all hard rock, no...but almost all are very well written and often deep.
I wish they had just a little more kick in some of these songs. Not saying hard rock, but some juice wouldn't hurt i'm thinking. Some songs pick up the pace and i find those songs to be better or just more my taste.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Listening to Get Back now, this one also has a decent pace. I'm gonna have to make a Beatles playlist and keep some of the slower songs out of it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't know why but this is the kind of song i would add to my playlist when flying somewhere i never been before.

lukin2006

Reaction score

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’ve gotta go with the Beatles simply because of what they contributed to music. They have three albums, at least, that you could make the argument is the best album ever.

I personally like the stones a lot, but I think the Beatles were just the more important band.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I’ve gotta go with the Beatles simply because of what they contributed to music. They have three albums, at least, that you could make the argument is the best album ever.

I personally like the stones a lot, but I think the Beatles were just the more important band.

Best over The Doors 1st album? Or Hendrix's debut album? That's why saying best ever is more as in peoples music Itaste I guess.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Best over The Doors 1st album? Or Hendrix's debut album? That's why saying best ever is more as in peoples music Itaste I guess.
Yes, over the Doors first album (although I love the Doors). Although my personal best ever album list doesn’t have the Beatles at #1.

But Sgt Peppers, Revolver, The White Album, Abbey Road... the Beatles overall discography is absolutely absurdly incredible.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes, over the Doors first album (although I love the Doors). Although my personal best ever album list doesn’t have the Beatles at #1.

But Sgt Peppers, Revolver, The White Album, Abbey Road... the Beatles overall discography is absolutely absurdly incredible.

Sorty no. Jim's poetry over the Beatles lyriics.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok so most know i am a Stones fan, on a side note i will add that i never really enjoyed The Beatles music, i think some of it is ok, but it rarley ever makes me feel anything like wow or excitement or anything really. I know The Beatles were first and they had many hit records in a very short time and they could be considered to never really have had any bad or terrible records. I understand all that.

What i want to know is what is it to you that makes The Beatles so good? What does their music make you feel like and why do you consider them to be very good/great/the best ever.

I'm not really trying to compare bands, maybe i should have picked a better title for this thread, i also want to know why so many people see them as untouchable and beyond comparison.

Something that can't be answered now is, how will these two bands be matched up aganist each other 100 years from now. Most people who grew up with these bands will probably have bias myself included, but i think down the road that bias will be gone and how will those peoples judge these two bands.

I wish i enjoyed The Beatles music more than i do, but everytime i try to listen to it i feel almost nothing and quickly find myself getting bored.

I made this thread for information purposes for myself and anyone who might find it useful, most times when this topic is brought up in RL quickly emotions are brought into it and the whole discussion spirals downward.

I really want to enjoy The beatles music more than i do, maybe some opinions/facts/info will help me do that.

I'm all ear's or should i say eyes. :)

Here's alittle something both bands did together or atleast i think they did.

Look. The stones were blues gods and rock stars. But they could be derivative.
After Sgt. Peppers, their horrible His Satanic majesty crap was laughable trying to mimic Sgt. Peppers.
On the other hand, the Stones made a bigger catalogue by staying together.
The Beatles, hands down, we're more creative. The stones could NOT touch Eleanor Rugby, Strawberry Hills or Day in the Life. Or Penny lane. Introspection was unknown to the Stones.

Beatles win.