Beatles vs Stones

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm not sure who the better songwriters are, but i think it would be very hard for The Beatles to match The Stones guitar work. It's unfair though because it's two vs one, The Beatles would have to be a five man group for that comparison to be justifiable. The Stones guitars while Mick Taylor is in the group is not easy to match. Singing and playing the guitar is not as easy as just playing guitar.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We've got music blaring from another source at the moment or I would listen. I'm old, but I miss the times of cranking your tower speakers through your amp (and pre-amp.) on one source. Right now, I'm confused by what is playing out of the Bluetooth. Two girls are home from college. Damn...
Sounds like an opportunity for a teaching moment. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure who the better songwriters are, but i think it would be very hard for The Beatles to match The Stones guitar work. It's unfair though because it's two vs one, The Beatles would have to be a five man group for that comparison to be justifiable. The Stones guitars while Mick Taylor is in the group is not easy to match. Singing and playing the guitar is not as easy as just playing guitar.
There used to be a local bar near here, and the two brothers who owned it knew a lot of guys in the business. I never asked them how they knew so many people, but whatever...They actually had Mick Taylor playing one night. Just a little dive bar with about 50 - 75 people, and Mick Taylor jamming on the stage, It was awesome.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
There used to be a local bar near here, and the two brothers who owned it knew a lot of guys in the business. I never asked them how they knew so many people, but whatever...They actually had Mick Taylor playing one night. Just a little dive bar with about 50 - 75 people, and Mick Taylor jamming on the stage, It was awesome.

Mick Taylor did a solo Album, wasn't really any good but one or two songs were ok.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mick Taylor did a solo Album, wasn't really any good but one or two songs were ok.

I don't know when the album came out, but I wanna say I saw him in probably '86 or '87. Not exactly sure of the year, but he played almost all blues, which is by far my favorite live music.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rockport the problem is that the Cowboyzone main forum is a lot of bickering/arguing over nothing most of the time and after awhile it can grow on any person myself included. Sometimes we all need to step away from that and breath. I never had anything aganist you, i just wanted to point out that any of us can get carried away at any moment if we are not careful and it can carry on for long periods of time if gone unchecked. I am hoping we can win a SB very soon and that will cure alot of our football pains. I look forward to lots of interesting conversation with you and anyone else who wants to engage in that. :star: :thumbup:
Thanks my friend. You nailed it by the way. I’m guilty as anyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Great brand and it was really considered a great piece of furniture! Remember the equalizer that everyone thought they could tune correctly. Loved those times!
Yes sure do. I had a Kenwood system I bough while stationed in Japan in the 70’s. It was dirt cheap for us so I had the top of the line. My speakers were over 3’ tall. I tuned the hell out of that equalizer. Had no clue what I was doing but when listening to Pink Floyd while doing it, didn’t care.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

I think that's it for me tonight. Eyes are closing as i type this, plus i want to watch something on tv before bed. Have a good night all. See ya's tomorrow sometime.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I would probably prefer the Stones over the Beatles myself though neither would feature in any music rotation for me. I think I have said this before here and got hammered but once you get past the first few Beatles albums the rest is just...eh for me. Maybe an OK song here or there.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lol. That's not what I meant dear. I'm not a forum grammmmeer cop. You stated U2 was your favorite.
:thumbdown:
I don't think i used the word favorite, i went to go check the "whats your favorite song at the moment thread" and i found that i typed "i'm a huge U2 fan" in the post where i tagged Cowboyec's name with songs from The Unforgettable Fire. If i used the word favorite in some other post, well i shouldn't have and apologize, also i would like to see that post if i did so, please point it out to me.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't think i used the word favorite, i went to go check the "whats your favorite song at the moment thread" and i found that i typed "i'm a huge U2 fan" in the post where i tagged Cowboyec's name with songs from The Unforgettable Fire. If i used the word favorite in some other post, well i shouldn't have and apologize, also i would like to see that post if i did so, please point it out to me.
You're too quick on the draw lol. I had revised my post and deleted "favorite". TY for always being so kind. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Satisfaction is also one of my all time favorites. They played that song the entire next 20 minute set.
You would have loved being in Little Rock, AR at the beginning of the summer of '65 when a part timer DJ played that song for almost 3 hours on a Friday night. That DJ was me and I have always had this connection to "American Graffiti" because of that one night. It would have been a good addition to the script to weave that through it.