Because of the DV charge

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Cowboys have become "Dak's" team instead of "Dak and Zeke's" team.

Some might argue it was that way anyway but I would not. The actions of Zeke in the off-season and the NFL's trumped up charge have really taken away a lot from Zeke's status.

In the end for the image of the Cowboys this is probably a good thing because of how good of a leader Dak seems to be and how he seems to really have it altogether but for Zeke's marketability going forward the NFL has damaged him with irreprable harm. If he has an Emmitt duration career he may recover from it but if he has the typical NFL RB career he will never repair the damage done.

diefree666

Reaction score

Some might argue it was that way anyway but I would not. The actions of Zeke in the off-season and the NFL's trumped up charge have really taken away a lot from Zeke's status.

In the end for the image of the Cowboys this is probably a good thing because of how good of a leader Dak seems to be and how he seems to really have it altogether but for Zeke's marketability going forward the NFL has damaged him with irreprable harm. If he has an Emmitt duration career he may recover from it but if he has the typical NFL RB career he will never repair the damage done.

Just another reason those idiots that think he should have just taken it and stayed quiet are so wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree, sort of. I understand where you are going and what you mean. But it is just not that black and white.

To me it is the team of the Dallas Cowboys. Dak has emerged as the face of the team, that was inevitable. Even if the NFL had not rail roared Zeke.
But to me it is still the Dak & Zeke show.

However, this is where, regardless of any off the field issues, it is still Dak's team to take control and lead them. Just as it is with most teams and the QB's.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
but for Zeke's marketability going forward the NFL has damaged him with irreprable harm.

Lets be at least a little honest here and say that while the NFL is the ruling body that pushed the suspension. Zeke is ultimately responsible for any hit to his reputation. No matter the outcome or whether he was charged criminally or not Zeke is the reason he stayed in those situations over and over again freely and willfully of his own accord.

diefree666

Reaction score
Lets be at least a little honest here and say that while the NFL is the ruling body that pushed the suspension. Zeke is ultimately responsible for any hit to his reputation. No matter the outcome or whether he was charged criminally or not Zeke is the reason he stayed in those situations over and over again freely and willfully of his own accord.
total HC. As usual some here want to slobber all over the NFL no matter what. Yeah real honest.

aikemirv

Reaction score

I am not going to fault Zeke with a bad choice in girlfriends. You can't always see "crazy" coming at you. He was trying to end it right?

What percentage of NFL players were partiers in college?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Dak is the face of the team while it is Zeke who is the "head" of the team because it is so big...

When Dad walks in the huddle and vets like Tyron, McFadden, Fred and Written all say what command he had in the huddle, coupled with the success we had last year made it his team, maybe not by game 4, but definitely Thanksgiving. This team was rolling so well, he replaced our previous Franchise QB and virtually no one disagreed.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Or maybe it's Dak's team because he's a true leader.

While I agree that this is true. This charge has taken even the ability to become a leader away from Zeke. Dak is obviously much more mature, it is a night and day difference and hopefully this whole thing will sober up Zeke a good bit and be a great maturity builder for him.

When you think about it , it is probably a lot like the 90's Cowboys with Troy and Irvin. Troy was the mature one who had it all together but Irvin was the "how to prepare" leader on the practice field. I don't know if Zeke has that Irvin mentality but Troy and Irvin were 2 different types of leaders

Verdict

Reaction score

I don't think Zeke is doing a good job of staying awa from people who can do him harm. Right now that and partying are about all that he has done wrong.

I would like to see Zeke be smarter, but there is more to it than that. Yeah, I get that Zeke had a poor choice of a girlfriend, but I doubt it started out like it ended. This chick could very well be a bit of a predator.

It usually goes something like this...... he hangs out with this party girl, having fun and she is getting leverage on him. He doesn't see it coming and by that time he is in a lot more hot water than he realizes.

He might even want to extricate himself from the situation, but by that time the more he struggles to get out the tighter the snare get that ties him to her. This stuff isn't new. The only difference now is that the NFL domestic violence policy makes it that much harder to get out. All the have to do is SAY a player did something and the world starts collapsing around the player.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
total HC. As usual some here want to slobber all over the NFL no matter what. Yeah real honest.
I am not going to fault Zeke with a bad choice in girlfriends. You can't always see "crazy" coming at you. He was trying to end it right?

What percentage of NFL players were partiers in college?

Look crazy is hot we all have been there before. But no one forced him to stay. Heck I didn't stay when I got crazy. No one has forced this life style on him he chose it. It seems from the information of his coaches and parents trying to help you can't feel to sorry for him. I don't agree with what the NFL did at all but the guy needs to take some responsibility for his life style choices.

newera

Reaction score
I agree that some in the general public have soured on Zeke. However, there has been no domestic violence charge. There has been an accusation resulting in no charges being filed and subsequently a fundamentally unfair investigation/process by the NFL.

It may be semantics, but I think it's important to keep things factually accurate.

As far as face of the team, I think that will be determined throughout the season. Dak is unquestionably the leader of the team but that doesn't negate the positive impact and appeal that Zeke has. As some have pointed out, it's still the Dak and Zeke show for the time being.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Curious as to what "charge" you speak of? Last I checked the cops and prosecutor cleared him
Don't think he means legal charge, more of a charge of public opinion based on the NFLs decision. Most fans, specifically those of other teams don't see a difference unfortunately. But I could be wrong.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think it was trending that way anyway.

Reports were that 90+ percent of reporters surrounded Dak post-game last season.

diefree666

Reaction score
Look crazy is hot we all have been there before. But no one forced him to stay. Heck I didn't stay when I got crazy. No one has forced this life style on him he chose it. It seems from the information of his coaches and parents trying to help you can't feel to sorry for him. I don't agree with what the NFL did at all but the guy needs to take some responsibility for his life style choices.
backpeddaling now right? first you claimed it was all on Zeke.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The QB is always the leader of the team. As for Zeke, take him away from this offense and see what happens. This team's offense is a power running team and he does that. Opens up all the WR's and everything. Don't care what the media thinks of Zeke. He needs to use his head better but this DV charge was bogus.