Becky Hammon

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
She played for the San Antonio Silver Stars and led them to the WNBA finals. After her playing career, she joined the Spurs coaching staff under Greg Popovich for several years. Her first chance as an NBA Head Coach was the Spurs Summer league in which she led the Spurs to the Summer League Championship. She went on to be a Head Coach in the WNBA and has won 2 WNBA Championships in her first 2 years. Pops getting up in age and I predict Becky Hammon as the first female NBA Coach and for the San Antonio Spurs and I couldn’t be more happier.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I agree. I was thinking about that the other week too. She has sort of fallen into the heir apparent for the role. I didn’t really know much about her until I watched her Hall of Fame induction. Definitely think she could do it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
She’s been successful everywhere she’s been as a head coach. If Pop campaigns for her, she’s in. And I think he will.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
She played for the San Antonio Silver Stars and led them to the WNBA finals. After her playing career, she joined the Spurs coaching staff under Greg Popovich for several years. Her first chance as an NBA Head Coach was the Spurs Summer league in which she led the Spurs to the Summer League Championship. She went on to be a Head Coach in the WNBA and has won 2 WNBA Championships in her first 2 years. Pops getting up in age and I predict Becky Hammon as the first female NBA Coach and for the San Antonio Spurs and I couldn’t be more happier.
Hammon most likely gets the first HC gig. Kara Lawson is a real darkhorse though. She was in consideration to replace Brad Stevens when he moved to GM