Beebe vs Biadasz: Why Beebe will be an upgrade at Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well since you will be the first one to throw the o line under the bus once your boi craps his pants in the play offs once again it's really interesting (to say the least) to listen to you babbling about optimism.

Really interesting. :muttley:
Don't let @DallasEast hear you. He won't believe I'm suddenly being optimistic about Cooper Beebe.

BTW, I would never blame Beebe if he struggles this rookie year playing a whole new position, especially one as hard as Center and one he has never played in a game performing at before. Naturally, there are going to be some hiccups. Too bad for Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
once again the majority of plays are not what you claim is so important. You seem to forget this is interior linemen not tackles. What you claim is so important simply is not true compared to the problems we had with a quick Center which we did have in Biadasz. He is what you claim we need but he FAILED.
And we probably just have to agree to disagree on this one and that's OK. I understand that your C isnt going to be pulling or blocking at the second level every play or even most plays. I'm just saying the dual threat piece is important in todays game. Similar to how Dak wont be launching 40 balls down field every game, but having a receiver on the team who can stretch the field and get 2-3 deep balls a game is important to have in that it keeps the defense honest. If my Center is one dimensional the defense can play me appropriately and exploit that weakness. I'm not arguing for a finesse vs power player I'm saying if you want a truly top tier Center that is a difference maker on a team they can do both. Biadasz couldnt do both and thats why he was pretty middle of the road. Beebe certainly has the power traits, I just need to see how his lateral movement translates to the NFL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well since you will be the first one to throw the o line under the bus once your boi craps his pants in the play offs once again it's really interesting (to say the least) to listen to you babbling about optimism.

Really interesting. :muttley:
You just made yourself a target.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Don't let @DallasEast hear you. He won't believe I'm suddenly being optimistic about Cooper Beebe.

BTW, I would never blame Beebe if he struggles this rookie year playing a whole new position, especially one as hard as Center and one he has never played in a game performing at before. Naturally, there are going to be some hiccups. Too bad for Dak.
I want this o line to succeed no matter if it's Dak behind them or the next QB. A good o line is the basis for all success (and a great QB but let's not go there again in this thread. ;) ).

But let's see, I will remind you in January next year. Stay positive man and give the guy time. He won't be protecting Dak on every play. Personally I don't expect greatness from them before the 25 or even 26 season. And that's not pessimism but realism. Martin will be gone soon, so let's hope they'll have some good OTs in sight in next year's draft.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I want this o line to succeed no matter if it's Dak behind them or the next QB. A good o line is the basis for all success (and a great QB but let's not go there again in this thread. ;) ).

But let's see, I will remind you in January next year. Stay positive man and give the guy time. He won't be protecting Dak on every play. Personally I don't expect greatness from them before the 25 or even 26 season. And that's not pessimism but realism. Martin will be gone soon, so let's hope they'll have some good OTs in sight in next year's draft.
Looking forward to next year’s draft. Sound wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.