Beef: Talking Cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
It was the last time as well, when the subject of trading La'el Collins came up. The entire show laughed at him because he totally contradicted himself and then couldn't admit to it.

Wait, what did he say?

popp1234

Reaction score
Rob has always acted hateful to Mickey.

It was worse when the last girl as on the show cuz she’d egg rob on IMO.

Rob is the worst of all the members on ANY of those shows.

Not saying I’m a huge Mickey fan either but Rob needs to figure it out already

I totally agree!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, what did he say?

Something along the lines of "only for a first round pick" (which he's not getting) and then stated he "wouldn't do it". Blatantly contradicted himself to the point where everyone on the show laughed in his face.

Dre11

Reaction score
And Mickey was flat-out wrong. He twisted the numbers until they said “uncle.”

First he said the offense changed after Cooper got there. Then he said “in 7 of the 8 after he got there they averaged almost 27 points per game.”

Cooper played 9 games with Dallas last year. Mickey knows they scored just 14 points in his first game so he arbitrarily tosses that game out. Then, he knows they were shut out against Indy so he tosses that out too.

In the 9 games with Cooper (a distinction Mickey made) the team scored 192 points, which equates to 21.3 pts/game. In the 7 games they played without him they averaged an even 20.

Even if you arbitrarily throw out the Indy game (which Mickey did), the offense still averaged just 24 pts/gam
Mickey was claiming they averaged ~27 per game.

No Phillips misunderstood what he said and once he said it again, Phillips shut up. As much as you want to make Mickey out to be a noob, it's clear on that show. who has the most knowledge of the team and it's inner workings

Dre11

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised you are a Mickey fan?

Why am I not surprised you're a Mickey hater. Knowing that you hate everything positive about the team, makes it no suprise.

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny how the most negative fans hates Mickey. ...lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No Phillips misunderstood what he said and once he said it again, Phillips shut up. As much as you want to make Mickey out to be a noob, it's clear on that show. who has the most knowledge of the team and it's inner workings

No, Mickey twisted the statistics (and still had it wrong). I re-listened to it yesterday and recapped it in the post. If you disagree with it then time stamp it with what he claimed and tell me where I had it wrong.

Phillips was just exasperated at arguing with Mickey’s dumb arse.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wait, what did he say?
Timestamped the beginning:

Mickey berates Rob for explaining why the Cowboys may transition C.Williams to RT, by asking him "Do you wanna win?".

Then, just a minute later:

Bryan asks Mickey "Would you take a 1st for La'el Collins", in which Mickey quickly "Oh Heck yes!".

GOTCHA! Mickey knew he got exposed and quickly started moving goal posts and tried to change the argument with, "Yeah..but I wouldn't do it" and "I wouldn't GIVE UP a 1st for La'el Collins".

Man, it was great watching him squirm the rest of the show as they kept throwing it back in his face! Watch the rest of the show and enjoy!

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
No, Mickey twisted the statistics (and still had it wrong). I re-listened to it yesterday and recapped it in the post. If you disagree with it then time stamp it with what he claimed and tell me where I had it wrong.

Cowboys Mobile: Talkin' Cowboys: Kellen Moore's Impact?
Mickey clearly says what he says Phillips tries to correct him and Mickey calls him out

53:12

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/talkin-cowboys-kellen-moore-s-impact

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

After listening again it was more about the record in the second half of the season, in which Mickey said they went 7-1. I would take it as Mickey saying they went 7-1 with the offense last year.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Timestamped the beginning:

Mickey berates Rob for explaining why the Cowboys may transition C.Williams to RT, by asking him "Do you wanna win?".

Then, just a minute later:

Bryan asks Mickey "Would you take a 1st for La'el Collins", in which Mickey quickly "Oh Heck yes!".

GOTCHA! Mickey knew he got exposed and quickly started moving goal posts and tried to change the argument with, "Yeah..but I wouldn't do it" and "I wouldn't GIVE UP a 1st for La'el Collins".

You spent a bit of time patching that together, and I appreciate that.

But we seem to come away with two different impressions.

First, I didn't take Mickey to be "berating" Rob. His point, from where I sit, was completely about the content/substance of Rob's comment, and was not so personal as to imply "Rob, you're an idiot." Maybe he meant it that way when he says "Do you want to win," but I heard it in a more universal "you" way.

Second, you seem to leave out that even Rob himself came around at about the 40:00 mark to say, "I think I see where Mickey was going with that now," ie, if I may be so bold myself to translate... Collins is worth more to us right now because we're a legit SB contender than he would probably be to another team... though, yes.... if some team called and made us some incredibly high draft pick offer, then "heck yes" you'd almost have to do that. I agree, he clearly wasn't clear about the specific question on the table, but the position he was trying to take still came through... even to Rob.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You spent a bit of time patching that together, and I appreciate that.

But we seem to come away with two different impressions.

First, I didn't take Mickey to be "berating" Rob. His point, from where I sit, was completely about the content/substance of Rob's comment, and was not so personal as to imply "Rob, you're an idiot." Maybe he meant it that way when he says "Do you want to win," but I heard it in a more universal "you" way.

Second, you seem to leave out that even Rob himself came around at about the 40:00 mark to say, "I think I see where Mickey was going with that now," ie, if I may be so bold myself to translate... Collins is worth more to us right now because we're a legit SB contender than he would probably be to another team... though, yes.... if some team called and made us some incredibly high draft pick offer, then "heck yes" you'd almost have to do that. I agree, he clearly wasn't clear about the specific question on the table, but the position he was trying to take still came through... even to Rob.

Hi, Mickey!

_sturt_

Reaction score
Hi, Mickey!

That's your response?

*hehe*

Well, okay, fair enough. Here's mine.

When people have substance/meat to offer as counterpoints, they do that. At least, the intelligent ones do.

When they don't have that to offer, then, they resort to deflection to something having nothing to do with the counterpoint, and often in the form of mockery or derision or insult.

That's just how this kind of thing works.

So... of course then... that was your response. I wasn't expecting it, but it's just one of those Schrodinger's cat things.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's your response?

*hehe*

Well, okay, fair enough. Here's mine.

When people have substance/meat to offer as counterpoints, they do that. At least, the intelligent ones do.

When they don't have that to offer, then, they resort to deflection to something having nothing to do with the counterpoint, and often in the form of mockery or derision or insult.

That's just how this kind of thing works.

So... of course then... that was your response. I wasn't expecting it, but it's just one of those Schrodinger's cat things.

Dude. Several of us pointed out that particular moment where Mickey stepped in it from that episode. If you disagree with us, fine, but it's not a "you vs. me" dilemma.

You can save the rest of your post for someone else, Mickey (<---Ooops).