Before camp begins, do you believe Cowboys have talent to win a super bowl this year?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No. Defense is a mess. Offense is one injured player on the WR or OL to derail Dak and this offense.

Let the defense show promise this year and I'll consider it next year.

Nolan did a job on the D. (Big Mike still hasn’t taken the blame for that train wreck.)

I think we can be at least average this season.

Quinn is solid.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overrated and overpaid LOSERS!!!!
Will be a miracle if they make it to the playoffs with D.C. and N.Y. on the rise.

rambo2

Reaction score
No.

You're going to get a lot of "if we stay healthy" responses even though no NFL team stays healthy.

Defensively, this team has more questions than answers as they head into camp.
One thing have going for them on defense is that they have more new players than any team in the league and some of them are going to be good.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes, they can win. The defense will be greatly improved and they have one of the best qbs in football that is surrounded by outstanding players. Of course they can win.

rambo2

Reaction score
It would mean every single question mark on defense would have to work out in the positive.

so very likely no
All they have to do is improve on defense which is very likely and have minimum injuries to the offensive line.

rambo2

Reaction score
No. Defense is a mess. Offense is one injured player on the WR or OL to derail Dak and this offense.

Let the defense show promise this year and I'll consider it next year.
Haven't they added around 16 new defensive players?

tcain2004

Reaction score
no game changer on d so no. If d law becomes what he's paid for and parsons becomes a von miller type player then maybe the chances are low but ill still watch cause I'm a sucker.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Can we create poll threads by ourselves?

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.
No, defense is another defensive draft away from a Super Bowl. You do not get to Super Bowls with poor or middle of the pack defense.

If the defense suddenly becomes top 10, then you have a chance to be a real contender for Super Bowls.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
How would you know when you haven't seen this defense on the field yet? They have added a ton of new players.

The team had one of the very worst defenses in football last year. Historically bad actually. It seems extremely unlikely that they would instantly become a "championship caliber" defense in a single off-season.

They have added a lot of talent, so management seems to finally be addressing this glaring need. However, a lot of this talent is young. Take Bohanna for example. Everyone is thrilled to finally have that "trash can full of dirt" in the middle of the D-line, but this kid was a sixth round pick. It's difficult for any rookie to make a difference on either the O-Line or D-Line, but especially hard for those drafted in the mid-to-late rounds. Hope he becomes a monster, but my expectations for a sixth round rookie are low. I do think Dallas improved the secondary and LB areas.

I agree that we really don't know what we have yet on defense, but championship caliber defenses are not built in a single draft. A healthy Dak combined with a healthier O-line might aid the defense more than a bunch of rookies. If Dallas can control the time of possession more, and also make other teams play from behind, it will help the defense tremendously.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No, defense is another defensive draft away from a Super Bowl. You do not get to Super Bowls with poor or middle of the pack defense.

If the defense suddenly becomes top 10, then you have a chance to be a real contender for Super Bowls.

I am less concerned about rankings than I am about how the defense plays. The defense was 5th in 2016, 6th in 2018 and like 11th in 2019 but those rankings were deceptive because the offense really covered their collective butts so much. We rarely saw the defense able to get stops against good offenses and QBs when needed and turnovers were near nonexistent. Didn't they have like single digit turnovers a couple of years ago? To be a truly dominant defense we need turnovers and stops allowing the offense to have a short field with far greater frequency than what we have seen in the last half decade. Until they do that I don't care what the numbers say in terms of end of year rankings. Stop the other team when we need you to and force 30-40 turnovers and then we can talk about Super Bowl.

catiii

Reaction score

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no.
I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.
Not even close mate.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not even close mate.
I think this office can keep up with anyone. If we can stop the run. I think we have a good shot at least get into the playoffs. And I think we fix the defensive tackle position. And that’s some thing

Proof

Reaction score

Poll question:

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

yes i do. why didn’t you post an actual poll?