Before camp begins, do you believe Cowboys have talent to win a super bowl this year?

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Can we create poll threads by ourselves?

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.
Like most will reply as follows: health of the OL is a must. We need our LB’s Smith and LVE to rebound to pro bowl form and surprises from our rookie class.

catiii

Reaction score
I think this office can keep up with anyone. If we can stop the run. I think we have a good shot at least get into the playoffs. And I think we fix the defensive tackle position. And that’s some thing
Actually I think our specific problem will be, ironically, the running game which will put more pressure on a recently injured Dak (mentally) than he might be able to handle. Zeke was a huge mistake and so many of us predicted it. You just don't pay a RB that much. How many other NFL RBs tap out at critical times of the game and how many other coaches allow them to do it not to mention their own team members. Anyone else would be exiled by their own locker room for doing that.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
On the offensive side of the ball, yes.

On the defensive side? No. Unless LVE is healthy, Diggs takes a step, Joseph plays well right off the bat, the DTs get better… I just don’t see it all happening at once.

rambo2

Reaction score
The team had one of the very worst defenses in football last year. Historically bad actually. It seems extremely unlikely that they would instantly become a "championship caliber" defense in a single off-season.

They have added a lot of talent, so management seems to finally be addressing this glaring need. However, a lot of this talent is young. Take Bohanna for example. Everyone is thrilled to finally have that "trash can full of dirt" in the middle of the D-line, but this kid was a sixth round pick. It's difficult for any rookie to make a difference on either the O-Line or D-Line, but especially hard for those drafted in the mid-to-late rounds. Hope he becomes a monster, but my expectations for a sixth round rookie are low. I do think Dallas improved the secondary and LB areas.

I agree that we really don't know what we have yet on defense, but championship caliber defenses are not built in a single draft. A healthy Dak combined with a healthier O-line might aid the defense more than a bunch of rookies. If Dallas can control the time of possession more, and also make other teams play from behind, it will help the defense tremendously.
Last years defense is not this years defense. This years defense will certainly be better than last years defense. Combine the improved defense with the excellent offense that they have which certainly will have a better offensive line over last year and you have a pretty good chance at having a good season.

rambo2

Reaction score
On the offensive side of the ball, yes.

On the defensive side? No. Unless LVE is healthy, Diggs takes a step, Joseph plays well right off the bat, the DTs get better… I just don’t see it all happening at once.
You left out the 1st round pick who has a chance of being outstanding.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, because it is coached and ran exactly the same as it was back then....Now pick that up and try not to be so clumsy.
lol you
rockport.jpg

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
lol, that is about the way things go now days.
Just say one thing someone doesn't agree with and you're instantly a hater, or they call you childish names.
Then act as though they have accomplished something when you won't reciprocate their childish behavior.

HungryLion

Reaction score
lol, that is about the way things go now days.
Just say one thing someone doesn't agree with and you're instantly a hater, or they call you childish names.
Then act as though they have accomplished something when you won't reciprocate their childish behavior.

Is this @USArmyVet burner account?

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Just joking around. You two have very similar avatars and are arguing with Rockport about very similar stuff. That’s all lol
Ah, ok. lol we are two different people.
You won't see me arguing with Rockport, I prefer to have an actual discussion/debate about a subject.
I do not engage with people that do nothing but try to insult people. They are a waste of time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ah, ok. lol we are two different people.
You won't see me arguing with Rockport, I prefer to have an actual discussion/debate about a subject.
I do not engage with people that do nothing but try to insult people. They are a waste of time.

I feel ya man.

I used to get into back and forths with people sometimes. But I’m working hard on just have some debate but otherwise just enjoying being on the board. Not getting into arguments.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Fix 1 tech and 3 tech and they have a shot despite your outburst. :)

My outburst has absolutely zero effect on this team. But your hormonally fueled outburst is noted and I agree DL play has an exceptional effect on the back end of the defense. Thanks for your participation.:star::thumbup: