before the final cuts happen

CowboyChris

Reaction score
which player are you pulling for to make the team? and why? and which player ado you hope gets cut and why?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
i hope lausaka polite makes the team and has a great year so people will stop including him in their cut lists. The guy can play

and as far as cut I hope its keith davis I mean he did get shot so getting cut seems the next logical step...rimshot

fortdick

Reaction score
Aside from McUgly, who has apparently made the team, I am pulling for Rector.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Aside from McUgly, who has apparently made the team, I am pulling for Rector.

not to be ummm funny or anything but on tv he is a much better looking kid than that pic. I think maybe it was just one of the worst pics ever.

fortdick

Reaction score
stealth said:
not to be ummm funny or anything but on tv he is a much better looking kid than that pic. I think maybe it was just one of the worst pics ever.

Gotta live with it. I am sure no one in the lockerroom has said anything about his looks. Especially after the haircut.
:rolleyes:

Even if the picture was bad, there ain't no umbrella in that cocktail!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I'm screwed.

I am pulling for both Ryan and Curtis. Pretty shallow reasons - Sean because he went to BC, Tony because he's flat out hot.

But I think both tes are going to be fine contributors down the road. Somewhere.

I am also pulling for both Rector and Hurd.

That one should work out better - looks like both will make it.

There are no bubble players on D this year who caught my fancy.

sago1

Reaction score
I'd like to see Hurd make the team and hopefully he produces enough to become a good WR for the Cowboys for years to come.

Actually there is no particular player I'm rooting for to be cut. There are some I believe will be cause they aren't the players we need. I kinda feel sorry for those that get cut. It must be very hard to want something as much as each of them do--make the team--but be fond wanting. Some of them may never get another chance and yet they've probably spent most of their life trying for this opportunity.

BTW: I'm hoping that Hoyte, if he's a better player or has more potential, beats out Fowler for last LB job. On other hand I like Fowler's probably cause he's the one whose wife told him last year to get his butt in gear and work hard and of course he responded successful to that challenge. If Fowler doesn't make this team, I hope he lands another job, preferably thru a trade that gives us a draft pick.

Am disappointment somewhat that the kicker Fredrickson(sp?) didn't make the team; hoping Cowboys put him on their PS so that next year maybe we can use him. It's not that I don't like McBriar; he's a good player. I just though we'd save a roster spot if Fredrickson could be a dual kicker.

Hiero

Reaction score
personally im hoping skyler green makes the team. I used to really like the guy before he had an off year his senior year. I still think he has a bright future.

Haley94

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Hurd. I like his attitude and work ethic.

I can't really say I hope anyone gets cut. I wish we could keep 60 players.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I think hurd has made the team. I hope Rector and Stanley make the final cut.

Hiero

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I think hurd has made the team. I hope Rector and Stanley make the final cut.
stanley is another guy I forgot. I really hope he does make the team.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hiero said:
stanley is another guy I forgot. I really hope he does make the team.

Give Stanley another year in our system and I think he will start to show dividends

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to get this in before goshan. ;)

I hope that Skyler Green makes the cut. Why? Because the team only has a few true kick returner options. Newman and Aaron Glenn are true options, but our cornerback situation is rock solid right now. Defensive lineman and linebackers in both our base and nickel defenses are freer to attack because they know their cornerbacks will take care of their business, but that certainty could take a hit after one key injury to either Newman or Glenn returning kicks.

On a related topic, I want to see Anthony Henry make it through the season without a groin or leg injury, but having Glenn as a viable alternative is very reassuring if he does go down. Thompson has loads of experience--a whole season, in fact, but he hasn't demonstrated any real eluviseness in his returns. He's too much of a straight line runner, which isn't a strength in the return game.

IMO, that only leaves Rector, who has definitely outshined Green as a wide receiver to date. But I doubt that returning kicks is one of his strength. It could be. Parcells will give him his shot. But he'll probably have to show even more than Green has so far at the end of preseason to overcome Parcells' belief that--with more coaching--Green can be the ultimate answer as the team's primary KR/PR.

I can't really settle on one player I want to see cut right now. Up until recently, it was Shanle, but... :)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. I'm pulling for Rector, hoping he continues to develop into a very good WR in the NFL and replaces Crayton, whom I think is overrated.

2. Hoyte...I think this guy has way more potential than Shanlee or Fowler ever dreamed of having...He could end up being a huge brute inside...I can't wait to see just how big he might be next year.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
1. I'm pulling for Rector, hoping he continues to develop into a very good WR in the NFL and replaces Crayton, whom I think is overrated.

2. Hoyte...I think this guy has way more potential than Shanlee or Fowler ever dreamed of having...He could end up being a huge brute inside...I can't wait to see just how big he might be next year.

I can't believe I forgot about Hoyte....agree Wayne.

ddh33

Reaction score
I've been pulling for Rector, but I think he's just about made it by this point.

Right now I feel myself pulling for Skyler Green. For one thing, I think he has the potential to help this team on returns. For another thing, I get tired of so many fans labeling a pick as being a bust after a few short weeks ;)

CowboyChris

Reaction score
im pulling for Rector and Copper, i hope they both make it, i think Copper is very under appreciated. im really hoping Green gets cut, for him to not be any type of an option at WR, doesnt get it for me. i dont think being just a punt returner is enough to warrant a roster spot.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Henson and Peterman.:laugh2:

Hailmary

Reaction score
There's seems to be like 0% that Miles Austin makes the final 53, so I hope he makes the PS. I'm one of those big on the things you can't teach (size & speed). And yes, no one wanted to see Randall Williams succeed more than me...

I'm kind a hoping Davis doesn't make the team. Nothing against Keith, but I really want to see Watkins patrolling CF. It's awful, I realize....but I see him as someone who has a low ceiling and has already reached it. For the same reasons, I guess I hope Copper doesn't make it. He's been on the roster for a few seasons now and hasn't been able to elevate his game. Time to step aside and see if someone else can.

Their special teams will be missed, but the youngsters replacing them should be able to pick up the slack (esp. Watkins).

But I really won't be happy to see someone cut from this years squad, unlike in the years past when we had Scott Lynch or Duane Goodrich to pick on.