Begin the tank

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
But Jerry trades away for less than the FA Compensation. I cant see anyone that's worth trading and would bring back a haul (other than Micah). We are a mess: too many starting FA's, Two Colossal contracts (which arent playing at game changing level), restricted CAP (so we cant compete with other teams) and Jerry who's got no idea (especially) when it comes to trading.

The problem is the strategy of signing Dak (especially to 4 years, that's just Dak preferring money to having a winning team around him) and CeeDee when we're closer to being sellers, rather than buyers.......we just have holes throughout the organization.

Thats true. I just mean, if we do it the right way, there's a chance we can be competitive quickly. Unfortunately, our ownership means it probably won't happen that way.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I actually am starting to believe that Jerry is positioning the team to be able to draft Arch Manning in 3 years...
Yeah…don’t think you can sell me on the theory that 82 year old Jerry Jones is playing long-term 4D chess

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Thats true. I just mean, if we do it the right way, there's a chance we can be competitive quickly. Unfortunately, our ownership means it probably won't happen that way.
There's only Micah that would garner a 1st Rd pick (and we've got the issue of Jerry negotiating the deal). I dont even think Tyler would get a 1st unless a team loses their LT. Even then I doubt Jerry gets it done.

I dont think we've got the young controllable pieces to do a Herschel.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The problem is that a true tank means a rebuild and Jerry showed with Dak and CeeDee that he has no interest in that.

Picking near the top of each round in a single year isn’t going to change anything. The team has nowhere near the talent to bounce back after a single year of good picks.

It sucks, but we’re in for another multi-year stretch year stretch mediocrity.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The problem is that a true tank means a rebuild and Jerry showed with Dak and CeeDee that he has no interest in that.

Picking near the top of each round in a single year isn’t going to change anything. The team has nowhere near the talent to bounce back after a single year of good picks.

It sucks, but we’re in for another multi-year stretch year stretch mediocrity.
Yep, you dont Tank straight after giving top contracts to your QB and WR1........when the Line foundations are so poor......well run teams dont.

It appears to me that Jerry and some other's thought Dak/CeeDee could carry the team.....now they are untouchable, we just have to sit and take it (unfortunately).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There's only Micah that would garner a 1st Rd pick (and we've got the issue of Jerry negotiating the deal). I dont even think Tyler would get a 1st unless a team loses their LT. Even then I doubt Jerry gets it done.

I dont think we've got the young controllable pieces to do a Herschel.

I think DLaw probably could generate a second. So, between those two, we could start a rebuild that way.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I actually am starting to believe that Jerry is positioning the team to be able to draft Arch Manning in 3 years...
If that was the case they would be trading guys that are due for a big contract instead of extending them.

The Dak contract right now is looking like another colossal mistake by Jerry. Just like zekes first big extension when he was already on the decline.

Micah's going to reset the market in the off-season, regardless of how he or the team play the remainder of the season. That's the problem with Jerry. He always thinks his guys are the right guys.