Being real about the qb

Rayman70

Reaction score
As long as we have Dak, and hes healthy...we have a chance to win. The defense and coaching is a liability.

Dre11

Reaction score
Elite QBs are able to carry the offense and overcome bad team play in a tight game. Dak may not have been the reason for the loss yesterday, but he did not make enough plays with his arm to be considered an elite QB.

How many elite Qb out of 32?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe less than 5. Its sparse. We have Dak...a guy that can win if we have a decent defense. RIGHT NOW, WE DO NOT...and the coaching is even worse.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak, elite is an overused word...Dak is a diverse player at his position. He is elite if you value highly his heart and leadership. Depends what YOU feel elite means. ALL I know is we had no business almost winning that game yesterday,if not for a terrible penalty and missed FG, we would have...

LIBRA63

Reaction score
Elite QBs are able to carry the offense and overcome bad team play in a tight game. Dak may not have been the reason for the loss yesterday, but he did not make enough plays with his arm to be considered an elite QB.
Gallup had 3 drops, Witten had one, Jarwin had one, all drive killers but I guess Dak threw the ball to hard. All his fault I guess. I don't really like him but he took a beating and still played hard.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gallup had 3 drops, Witten had one, Jarwin had one, all drive killers but I guess Dak threw the ball to hard. All his fault I guess. I don't really like him but he took a beating and still played hard.
???TOO HARD??? It hit them right in the hands..rather mundane routine catches. lol..THEY ***** up and dropped easy catches. Gallup was the main culprit. One of his worst games. Wilson looked really good.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
right how dare Dak not, throw and catch his own pass and score? I mean just look at all the qbs that do just that /sarc
You have to be an honest observer. How easy is it to catch a contested ball that behind, low or high above your head. Dak's accuracy was not very good yesterday. "Hit him in the hands" is not always going to be good enough. Do you listen to the chatter from the opposition?

How many elite QBs? How many looking for $35M/year?

At least he played hard. Yup need not ask for much more than that.

Yes, the coaching is deplorable, the OL is banged up, receivers had some drops, the D is about as bad as I have seen since Romo played and the Refs made some bad calls. That's when you need your franchise QB to step in and carry the day, especially in a tight game where one player can make a difference. As great a guy and as hard as he plays, he just can't put it all together on a consistent basis.

His counterpart yesterday hadn't played any football in over a month and he didn't let a crappy OL and bad calls stop him from having a big day. Did you see how he played in the pocket and observe the strike zone for many of his passes? He carved up the Cowboys D like he was working behind the counter at Katz Deli.

This team has so many flaws and QB is certainly part of the problem.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak isnt the best but he far and away not a problem....

Dak has spent this season looking good to elite. I'm shocked at how much he has improved. Anyone looking at that game and concluding that Dak is our problem just isn't paying attention.

Not a lot of QBs could have survived the hits Dak took. Absorbing that abuse, with 2 of his top 3 true WRs out, no INTs, no fumbles, 70% completions, about 7 yards per attempt.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak has spent this season looking good to elite. I'm shocked at how much he has improved. Anyone looking at that game and concluding that Dak is our problem just isn't paying attention.

Not a lot of QBs could have survived the hits Dak took. Absorbing that abuse, with 2 of his top 3 true WRs out, no INTs, no fumbles, 70% completions, about 7 yards per attempt.
3/5 of the O line is a mess.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers was hardly great in that game. And besides noone is saying Dak is the next Aaron Rodgers.

Well, I don't know that this is entirely accurate. I mean, if you say that none are saying that Dak is an AR now, I think that's probably true but, several were trying to make that kind of case earlier in the season. I get it, he looked golden and that's an easy way to get fooled but, I think you have to kinda acknowledge the reality of the situation.

JMO

BigTx66

Reaction score
“Sometimes you need a man to step up and do something”......is what you said, but only about the QB. Ummm, I guess he needs to step and stop Aaron JONES (not Rodgers) from scoring 4 TD’s last week or stop a Jets offense that had scored 2 offensive TD’s ALL YEAR from scoring 3 IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!! But, yeah, Dak is the issue........

Seriously, these posts are getting dumber and dumber each week. :facepalm:

You are so right.......Rodgers has led one team to the Super Bowl championship, and while I personally think he has very elite skills, he is extremely credited with way more than he should be. He managed the game against Dallas because other things were working very well against the pitiful defense Dallas put on the field. Dak is not the best, but he certainly should not be blamed for the miserable showing in all facets that the Dallas team is failing at. Rodgers is an all-pro whiner and complainer.....I hope that Dak doesn't get to that level of driveling.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
The ole I'm logical and anybody who disagrees isn't line of thinking. Nobody has said it was on him singularly so stop the disingenuous posting. The majority have said he's a part of the problem again not the only problem.
The ole I'm logical and anybody who disagrees isn't line of thinking. Nobody has said it was on him singularly so stop the disingenuous posting. The majority have said he's a part of the problem again not the only problem.
The entire OP is saying we lost because of Dak. Which is just dumb. I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion

LIBRA63

Reaction score
???TOO HARD??? It hit them right in the hands..rather mundane routine catches. lol..THEY ***** up and dropped easy catches. Gallup was the main culprit. One of his worst games. Wilson looked really good.
I was being sarcastic. Just saying it wasn't all on Dak. He played well under the circumstances.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The entire OP is saying we lost because of Dak. Which is just dumb. I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion
The entire OP doesn't say we lost only because of Dak. No need to lie when the post is typed out not some word of mouth stuff from the 1300's. I'm sorry you have the opinion you have too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
3/5 of the O line is a mess.

I don't think the oline is a mess. For backups, neither Fleming nor Knight are a mess. Knight has been good news, IMO. Should only improve going forward.

Tyron should be back next week. If Collins is still out, I'd play Knight over Fleming.

I assume you're counting Williams as a mess. I'm buying that. He's the worst of the starters. That alone doesn't mean he's a mess. Young guy, should improve too. Though I believe that he's more a T than a G. I wouldn't cry if they tried SuaFilo at LG. Or even if they rotated them. Same with Looney.

I think the oline has very good starters and impressive depth. Tyron's injury was more a fluke this year than a chronic issue. Bad news with COllins and Martin coming up with back issues too though.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He's not a franchise QB and just because you're scarred over what happened after Aikman doesn't mean others are. Ole scarred of failure guy. I know y'all act this way in y'all's real life when it comes to decisions and ime isn't a good way to operate.

I disagree, he is a franchise QB, one that I will be angry if they let walk away. He is #1 in the NFL in QBR, has a high completion percentage and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. 1/2 his ints this year came on deflections off the hands of a WR. He is tough, a good leader and works to get better. If that isn't a franchise QB I dont know what is.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Your claim about Wilson was baseless.

No, it isn't Wilson struggled to complete passes from the inside the pocket for most of his career. He finds other ways to make plays, but even in our playoff game last season most if not all his damage came when he improvised.

Dre11

Reaction score
You have to be an honest observer. How easy is it to catch a contested ball that behind, low or high above your head. Dak's accuracy was not very good yesterday. "Hit him in the hands" is not always going to be good enough. Do you listen to the chatter from the opposition?

How many elite QBs? How many looking for $35M/year?

At least he played hard. Yup need not ask for much more than that.

Yes, the coaching is deplorable, the OL is banged up, receivers had some drops, the D is about as bad as I have seen since Romo played and the Refs made some bad calls. That's when you need your franchise QB to step in and carry the day, especially in a tight game where one player can make a difference. As great a guy and as hard as he plays, he just can't put it all together on a consistent basis.

His counterpart yesterday hadn't played any football in over a month and he didn't let a crappy OL and bad calls stop him from having a big day. Did you see how he played in the pocket and observe the strike zone for many of his passes? He carved up the Cowboys D like he was working behind the counter at Katz Deli.

This team has so many flaws and QB is certainly part of the problem.

Again, good wrs make those catches.