(Being Reported) Bills & Jerry Hughes– Have a 5 year deal

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Good move by Hughes. Not sure how good he is outside of Buffalo, unless Mario Williams and Marcel Darius are coming along.

LittleD

Reaction score
I hope thats Hardys market

Won't make any difference to us. Hardy will not be coming to a theatre near you.
Cowboys have a little money available to sign their own and bargain shop after
all the big deals suck up the massive cap space. Will McClay will have to dig
deep in the barrel this year to fill spots.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Won't make any difference to us. Hardy will not be coming to a theatre near you.
Cowboys have a little money available to sign their own and bargain shop after
all the big deals suck up the massive cap space. Will McClay will have to dig
deep in the barrel this year to fill spots.
With Tyrons restructure and cutting/renegotiating Carr, Dallas has room to make a few moves. Getting Bryants done, and we have even more.

Hardy isnt signing anywhere for a few weeks, and is probably this years Melton. How many rumors of teams vying for him have you heard in the past couple days. No one is looking at him right now

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hughes is interesting. Not a lot of production from the standpoint of tackles but he has had two back to back 10 sack seasons. I agree with MWTP, it's hard to know how much of that is due to the talent on the Buffalo DL and how much was Hughes. Buffalo might have the most talented DL in the NFL. In Indy, in three seasons, he had only 5 sacks total. If he is that guy without the talent around him, it would be a great sign.

LittleD

Reaction score
With Tyrons restructure and cutting/renegotiating Carr, Dallas has room to make a few moves. Getting Bryants done, and we have even more.

Hardy isnt signing anywhere for a few weeks, and is probably this years Melton. How many rumors of teams vying for him have you heard in the past couple days. No one is looking at him right now

We only have 8mil more with the Tyron restructure and it may be likely that Carr will force Cowboys hand to make him a June 1st cut which
would not give us any cap relief until after June 1st. Carr may think he might get a better deal than taking a cut. I still think Adrian Clayborn
is on Dallas' radar in a couple of weeks, not Hardy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still think Adrian Clayborn is on Dallas' radar in a couple of weeks, not Hardy.

Not exactly my first choice. More like the fifth or sixth choice. If we are serious about improving the defense, we need to man up and go after Morgan or Sheard.

LittleD

Reaction score
Not exactly my first choice. More like the fifth or sixth choice. If we are serious about improving the defense, we need to man up and go after Morgan or Sheard.

If you keep thinking 5th, 6th, & 7th choices you will soon get close to the "goodwill" list Will McClay
is keeping an eye on. Jerry & Stephen are not going to be strong players in the mega cap space
sweepstakes and with our offense getting us to 12x4 last year, they feel we don't need that much
with Marinelli to improve.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We only have 8mil more with the Tyron restructure and it may be likely that Carr will force Cowboys hand to make him a June 1st cut which
would not give us any cap relief until after June 1st. Carr may think he might get a better deal than taking a cut. I still think Adrian Clayborn
I see Hardy as a Jones type move. Not going to be as expensive as people think. No one is touching him right. He is a ghost. Teams dont know anything about his availability ( which is why I guess its all quite). Hardy at this point is a flier, not a bank breaker.

We could go Clayborne. Personally Id rather have Cole then add another guy to our annual IR roster. At least with Cole you get a dependable pass rusher at what could be less money. Id rather pull some jag of the street then give more then the vet minimum to Clayborn

LittleD

Reaction score
I see Hardy as a Jones type move. Not going to be as expensive as people think. No one is touching him right. He is a ghost. Teams dont know anything about his availability ( which is why I guess its all quite). Hardy at this point is a flier, not a bank breaker.

We could go Clayborne. Personally Id rather have Cole then add another guy to our annual IR roster. At least with Cole you get a dependable pass rusher at what could be less money. Id rather pull some jag of the street then give more then the vet minimum to Clayborn

The commish is still looking to make an example of the roided up Hardy so, I agree that he is kryptonite to a lot of teams.
If he's available for a vet min 2 yr show me deal in a couple of weeks, Jerry might take a look. Otherwise, Clayborn/Alualu &
other lower tier guys are front & center.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Little D, 1 move can create almost $13M more in cap room - restructure Romo one last time. They're probably waiting to use it. And, of course, if they come to their senses and realize that Dez is worth WAY MORE than $15M in guaranteed money, that $12.8M cap hit probably gets cut in half.

LittleD

Reaction score
Little D, 1 move can create almost $13M more in cap room - restructure Romo one last time. They're probably waiting to use it. And, of course, if they come to their senses and realize that Dez is worth WAY MORE than $15M in guaranteed money, that $12.8M cap hit probably gets cut in half.

Cowboy FO already said they don't want to touch Romo again. Could they...yes.
Will they...I doubt it. Dez will have to come begging to get a long term deal based
on Cowboy terms now. They are comfortable with the tag for Dez.

You just have to accept the reality that the Cowboys are not going to be major
players in FA any more. They are KMart "Blue Light" shoppers nowadays.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The commish is still looking to make an example of the roided up Hardy so, I agree that he is kryptonite to a lot of teams.
If he's available for a vet min 2 yr show me deal in a couple of weeks, Jerry might take a look. Otherwise, Clayborn/Alualu &
other lower tier guys are front & center.

Roided up?

basstapp

Reaction score
No Hughes, No Suh, no top tier CB, getting thin out there.....

Nobody knows how Hughes will play without the help of his current defense. I am not sure signing him to that contract would be a wise idea. Nobody in their right mind should pay Suh that much and the top corner in FA this year isn't very good. I am thrilled the Eagles overpaid for a sub CB on a great defense.