(Being Reported) Bills & Jerry Hughes– Have a 5 year deal

LittleD

Reaction score
Alualu is back with the Jaguars. It is basically Clayborn in the lower tier, that is it.

In a week or so, there will be 2-4 guys available (not top shelf) that Jerry will
take a long look at. keep digging in that well and a few names will pop out.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Nobody knows how Hughes will play without the help of his current defense. I am not sure signing him to that contract would be a wise idea. Nobody in their right mind should pay Suh that much and the top corner in FA this year isn't very good. I am thrilled the Eagles overpaid for a sub CB on a great defense.

Wasnt stating they should have signed with the cowboys...

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Cowboy FO already said they don't want to touch Romo again. Could they...yes.
Will they...I doubt it. Dez will have to come begging to get a long term deal based
on Cowboy terms now. They are comfortable with the tag for Dez.

You just have to accept the reality that the Cowboys are not going to be major
players in FA any more. They are KMart "Blue Light" shoppers nowadays.

Actually, Dez doesn't have to do jack. He doesn't have to sign his tag. If he truly feels Dallas is doing him wrong contractually (offering him less guaranteed money than Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, or Vincent Jackson is a freakin' joke), he can pull a Joey Galloway and sit out or he can sign an offer sheet from another team and force Dallas' hand. Sure, the 'Boys may get 2 1st rounders, but do you honestly see any of them coming in and replacing Dez's Value to this team? If Dallas keeps being cheap, they're gonna lose 2 of the 3 major cogs of their offense.

LittleD

Reaction score
Actually, Dez doesn't have to do jack. He doesn't have to sign his tag. If he truly feels Dallas is doing him wrong contractually (offering him less guaranteed money than Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, or Vincent Jackson is a freakin' joke), he can pull a Joey Galloway and sit out or he can sign an offer sheet from another team and force Dallas' hand. Sure, the 'Boys may get 2 1st rounders, but do you honestly see any of them coming in and replacing Dez's Value to this team? If Dallas keeps being cheap, they're gonna lose 2 of the 3 major cogs of their offense.

The thesis behind your premise is wrong. Sure Dez can refuse to sign the Tag and he can sit out until the 10 reg. season game
in 2015. Would he want to lose that much money this year? Probably not. Could some team make him an offer, sure! But,
here's the truth...Dallas owns his rights now and they hold all the cards. They can choose to match any offer he receives
and Dez will have to honor that deal or the Cowboys can choose to move on, take the 2 no1 draft choices and get a
1st round receiver to replace Dez this year... Again, their choice. Dallas will make a Dez decision and that will be that.
If Dez does get to leave with Jerry's permission, I'm sure Will McClay has his list on speed dial.

visionary

Reaction score

I would take 2 1st rd picks and the cap space for Dez any day

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Won't make any difference to us. Hardy will not be coming to a theatre near you.
Cowboys have a little money available to sign their own and bargain shop after
all the big deals suck up the massive cap space. Will McClay will have to dig
deep in the barrel this year to fill spots.

AAAAAnzgwHcAAAAAAJwmSg.jpg

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think it's a secret that we'll need to homebrew our own talent through the draft. That seems to be working out pretty well for our core pieces.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If you keep thinking 5th, 6th, & 7th choices you will soon get close to the "goodwill" list Will McClay
is keeping an eye on. Jerry & Stephen are not going to be strong players in the mega cap space
sweepstakes and with our offense getting us to 12x4 last year, they feel we don't need that much
with Marinelli to improve.

I agree that our offense got us 12 wins last year and that we only need to improve the pass rush. That's a valid point. But are we still a 12 win offense if we lose the league's leading rusher and a viable backup who stepped in for Free for 8 games? That's what people are failing to understand. If the team stays intact, then we only need to make slight improvements, mainly on the D-line. But if the team does not stay intact, then we'll need to make many improvements and I don't see that happening with late draft picks and KMart special free agents. There's already uncertainty regarding quite a bit of key contributors from last year: Parnell (already gone), McClain, Carter, Durant, Melton, Carr, Moore and Murray. There's a good chance we lose at least half of those guys. If that happens, we'll be spending all of our resources just trying to get back to where we were last year.

LittleD

Reaction score
I agree that our offense got us 12 wins last year and that we only need to improve the pass rush. That's a valid point. But are we still a 12 win offense if we lose the league's leading rusher and a viable backup who stepped in for Free for 8 games? That's what people are failing to understand. If the team stays intact, then we only need to make slight improvements, mainly on the D-line. But if the team does not stay intact, then we'll need to make many improvements and I don't see that happening with late draft picks and KMart special free agents. There's already uncertainty regarding quite a bit of key contributors from last year: Parnell (already gone), McClain, Carter, Durant, Melton, Carr, Moore and Murray. There's a good chance we lose at least half of those guys. If that happens, we'll be spending all of our resources just trying to get back to where we were last year.

The offensive line stayed intact. Murray will likely leave but, they game Ryan Williams some money
and there are 9 pretty good RB's in the draft that Dallas will have a chance at. Dez is back no matter
what unless Dallas chooses to take 2 no1's. Marinelli will keep the defense hopping so there's
no worries here.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The offensive line stayed intact. Murray will likely leave but, they game Ryan Williams some money
and there are 9 pretty good RB's in the draft that Dallas will have a chance at. Dez is back no matter
what unless Dallas chooses to take 2 no1's. Marinelli will keep the defense hopping so there's
no worries here.

If you're of the mindset that the offensive line is so good that we can plug in anyone at RB and RT, then I agree there are no worries. But I give Murray and Parnell a little more credit than that. I'm grateful for Parnell because Free missed half the season and the playoffs and we didn't miss a beat. Hopefully Free stays healthy and we won't need to worry about his backup, but hopefully we won't need to worry about what happens if he doesn't. I'm also very grateful for Murray because I've seen all the RBs we've brought in since Emmitt. It won't be easy replacing Murray. Any comparable veteran will cost about the same as Murray, and the only rookie I see being just as good might not even be able to play in 2015. Again, it comes down to if you believe you can plug just anyone into this offense. I don't. And if we do need to replace these guys, it'll cost resources which we don't have a lot of. There's no guarantee you'll stay good in this league. The 49ers' future looked bright just last year and now they're a sinking ship. We followed a 13-3 season with a half decade of 8 wins or less. And just last year I thought we were one of four teams capable of winning the Super Bowl. Hopefully we remain competitive.

LittleD

Reaction score
If you're of the mindset that the offensive line is so good that we can plug in anyone at RB and RT, then I agree there are no worries. But I give Murray and Parnell a little more credit than that. I'm grateful for Parnell because Free missed half the season and the playoffs and we didn't miss a beat. Hopefully Free stays healthy and we won't need to worry about his backup, but hopefully we won't need to worry about what happens if he doesn't. I'm also very grateful for Murray because I've seen all the RBs we've brought in since Emmitt. It won't be easy replacing Murray. Any comparable veteran will cost about the same as Murray, and the only rookie I see being just as good might not even be able to play in 2015. Again, it comes down to if you believe you can plug just anyone into this offense. I don't. And if we do need to replace these guys, it'll cost resources which we don't have a lot of. There's no guarantee you'll stay good in this league. The 49ers' future looked bright just last year and now they're a sinking ship. We followed a 13-3 season with a half decade of 8 wins or less. And just last year I thought we were one of four teams capable of winning the Super Bowl. Hopefully we remain competitive.

The only thing I believe is that I believe the coaches and Cowboys FO believe they can. Since
they control & own the team why believe in anything else. If you believe that they don't know
what they're doing, it may be time for you to find another team which you believe in.