Belated Atlanta rewatch thoughts

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off top Pappydogg is a clear troll...., Williebeamen, MattJames, captain-crash,Kevinicus, DJKhiladi, PhillipMonroe, Calpolytech, Dakattack09, Captainroy(Dak homer who tries to rile up people, anti-Zeke)......this is off the top. Probably are more but these are the main ones.

You know what...I admire your courage and fortitude to say WHO you were talking about. I am not sure I agree with everyone you listed being trolls. But you named your names and I applaud that honesty.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I guess, but it's far from a no brainer that he should get a second deal. Not consistent at all, and you throw away 3rd rounders on McGovern with gaping holes on defense.

Not the best allocation of resources any way you slice it.

Collins also had his struggles with consistency in his career. Last year he finally put it all together. We have zero idea how good or not McGovern truly is. All we can go on is where he was drafted. Many viewed the same thing about Jaylon Smith, figured once he got onto the field, he would be an instant star cause he was a high draft pick. How do you think the fans would react now, if they decided to draft Jaylon over Zeke in that class?

My point is, the coaches evaluated the players at the position and decided Connor Williams is the best option for success.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Collins also had his struggles with consistency in his career. Last year he finally put it all together. We have zero idea how good or not McGovern truly is. All we can go on is where he was drafted. Many viewed the same thing about Jaylon Smith, figured once he got onto the field, he would be an instant star cause he was a high draft pick. How do you think the fans would react now, if they decided to draft Jaylon over Zeke in that class?

My point is, the coaches evaluated the players at the position and decided Connor Williams is the best option for success.
Yes and agreed. Ita definitely that way for now and I'm not clamoring for McG to start over him right now.

My point is I dont see how we afford a second deal for Williams unless someone else goes or doesnt get signed.

They used a high pick on an obvious heir at LG. If that doesnt work out it's a failure on two levels.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes and agreed. Ita definitely that way for now and I'm not clamoring for McG to start over him right now.

My point is I dont see how we afford a second deal for Williams unless someone else goes or doesnt get signed.

They used a high pick on an obvious heir at LG. If that doesnt work out it's a failure on two levels.
I think he was supposed to be the heir at LT.

Know why he slid to the 2nd? Injury prone.

erod

Reaction score
My main takeaway was that I've never seen a team do more to hand a team win than the Falcons on Sundays.

Even worse than the 27-3 second-half lead they blew in the Super Bowl.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I believe the front office used the McGovern pick as insurance for Frederick, not knowing if he was going to return or not. Biaz was reportedly handpicked by MM, where now McGovern is viewed more as a Guard only.

Nobody knows how the cap will shake out, who is signed, who is let go, we just cannot rule out anything.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
How about an original thought? This is regurgitation from local, national media and CZ posters.
71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_SX425_.jpg