Belichick and Brady could make Cowboys instant SB contenders

MetalMike

Reaction score
The Bungals hold a great many cards right now. I'd be willing to bet that there are several teams considering trading up with them to get the next great NFL QB, Joe Burrow. He is tough, accurate, smart and works hard. Many articles have stated his determination is second to none. He's the kind of QB you can build a team around and have continued success for years to come. The Cowboys are probably the only team that isn't concerned. We have Dak and Zeke and a soon to be named 'yes man' for Jerry to play with. I don't foresee any SB championships for the Cowboys in the near future. I'd bet that even New England is eyeing trading up because they see the writing on the wall regarding Brady. And they want to continue to win.

csirl

Reaction score
Dont think Bill will retire to the TV booth. He has nothing in his life except coaching. He'll coach until they carry him out in a box. He'll coach after he leaves NE (whenever that is).

willia451

Reaction score
Bill's going to want to bring a lot of his coaches and probably at least some of the NE players with him.

And Jerry would never go for turning the Cowboys into New England Patriots South.

Even if you're right (which I highly doubt) and bringing in Bill and Tom net a SB there would always be an asterisk next to that win in the minds of the media and fans. It might as well be New England's 7th instead of the Cowboys' 6th.

Or maybe we can invent a new category to stick that win into? Cowboys/Patriots combo pack?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Our fan base just does "extreme"

New Years Resolution for the board.

Find some middle ground.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of assumptions need to be made here but is that not why this forum exists?

Let's assume Booger is ready to throw in the towel and admit defeat as a GM because that is exactly what he would be doing.
Is he going to let Belichick do his dour pc's and deny us all of his witty Rabbi and the mosquito comments? Doubt it.

Is Belichick ready to leave NE?
Is he ready to take the QB that he's joined at the hip with and can't win without? According to some people.
Seems to me that McDaniels is more joined at the hip with Brady and more likely to pair up.
Does Brady prefer to spend the twilight of his career with a different HC?

I can't get past the first assumption, Booger is not ready to give up the spotlight to a HC to further his legacy when he's trying to build his own.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no way thats happening and really at this stage Brady is living on his past..hes been declining for the last 2 years and as it stands today we have better shot with Dak..

riddle me this put Dak and zeke with NE and see how far they go....yo cant assume some dream scenario that Brady can get someone over the top or BB is leaving..Bill will have what hes rumored to be wanting when he was upset they traded JimmyG, a new challenge with a young QB and stating over with a solid defense and ST..

sure on a great team with great defense and élite RB ready for a SB maybe they can cover yup Bradys diminished skills but look last night close game they nearly threw 40times while on the other side ran it all night simply to chew clock but game was right there and NE didnt run enough.

odd for such a great coach to not see he needed a replacement for gronk and a better run game to protect brady. they failed..

the great BillB finally paid the piper trying to use glue and straw to make team win vs going and acquiring some better pieces around brady ie Brady Friendly....

so IMO Brady not the piece we are missing , I mean we were all over Dak for his poor play in those last 4-5 games but it for sure wasn't worse then bradys production, similar issues..

we made far too many mistakes in the bigger games down the stretch but those can be fixed this offseason as we are making changes but our Offense can win now if we bring them all back as is..its special teams and defense that needs the most work and thats where most of the FAS ie around 19 are up and the draft should be centered around..

Now Mcdaniels with our pieces would likely have a great chance at success given how creative he had to be to invent offense over in NE.. we do have better talent on offense then they do..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bungals hold a great many cards right now. I'd be willing to bet that there are several teams considering trading up with them to get the next great NFL QB, Joe Burrow. He is tough, accurate, smart and works hard. Many articles have stated his determination is second to none. He's the kind of QB you can build a team around and have continued success for years to come. The Cowboys are probably the only team that isn't concerned. We have Dak and Zeke and a soon to be named 'yes man' for Jerry to play with. I don't foresee any SB championships for the Cowboys in the near future. I'd bet that even New England is eyeing trading up because they see the writing on the wall regarding Brady. And they want to continue to win.
CIN isn't letting this one slip away regardless of what they're offered. Did you see those signs the fans had at their last home game? Brown has a restless fandom. Burrow is an Ohioan and they will bring him home.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady looks terrible.
He has no weapons, did you see him with those receivers in the huddle? NE is easier to defend this season than any since he took over.

Not defending him, he's getting up there but he can still put the ball on the money but he's the prototypical drop back pocket passer and they failed to give him the weapons. They failed to even try and replace the hole that Gronkowski left except with a rookie WR that was a questionable 1st rounder.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I just commented on a couple other threads which spurred this thought.

Brady is a Free Agent. What if we could attract Bill and Brady. Brady behind this OL ,compliment of receivers and running game could revive his career. Possibly extending it 2 or 3 more years.

And let Bill work his magic on this defense . I think we’d become instant SB contenders. Bill could become the first HC to lead two different teams to a Super Bowl championship. That could be his final stamp on the NFL.

Jerry would have to give up his control but this might be the only type of situation I could see Jerry basking in the limelight for just bringing it together while sticking it up Krafts butt. Lol
I would also like to what bellichick could do with dak

yentl911

Reaction score
I try to stay positive on here but this might be the dumbest thread I have seen

BB would be awesome

Brady is done

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Brady is a Free Agent. What if we could attract Bill and Brady. Brady behind this OL ,compliment of receivers and running game could revive his career. Possibly extending it 2 or 3 more years.

And let Bill work his magic on this defense . I think we’d become instant SB contenders. Bill could become the first HC to lead two different teams to a Super Bowl championship. That could be his final stamp on the NFL.

Jerry would have to give up his control but this might be the only type of situation I could see Jerry basking in the limelight for just bringing it together while sticking it up Krafts butt. Lol

tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has no weapons, did you see him with those receivers in the huddle? NE is easier to defend this season than any since he took over.

Not defending him, he's getting up there but he can still put the ball on the money but he's the prototypical drop back pocket passer and they failed to give him the weapons. They failed to even try and replace the hole that Gronkowski left except with a rookie WR that was a questionable 1st rounder.
Didn’t they sign a couple high risk receivers that were suspended again. Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wasting time is pretty much what we do here.
Yea, threads are somewhat limited while we’re in limbo with Garrett and our dysfunctional coaching situation.

Bill and Brady were being discussed in other threads which spurred the thought. Why not throw it out there.
Lol

Reactions: CWR