Belichick Coming to Dallas could happen

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He owns a boat. Doubt lake dallas would interest him.
3-5 years with the cowboys he can get a bigger boat
Assuming that Jerry and Garrett part ways at seasons end consider the following :

1. The Hoodies contract goes season to season, so he would be free to come to the Cowboys after the NFL season is over.

2. BB has history with Jerry.
He helped the Cowboys with player contracts before getting into coaching in the NFL.

3. The Story about Bill asking Jerry for a job in the 1990's just came to light after all these years ..hummmm.... that's interesting to say the least.

4. Jerry is 77 years of age and had be realizing his mortality.
You can't take it with you, and if Jerry wants another Superbowl, he has to see that his window is closing.
Will that mean he would give up the control he enjoys ?
He did do with Belichick's mentor Parcels so it possible.

5. The Patriots are on the way down, Brady is showing his age.
Does Bill want to be part of a rebuild ?

6. The Cowboys are quality coaching away from being a legit contender.
They have a quality core and just need a coach that can tap the potential.

7. The Dallas media has mentioned that Mr. Jones is going big game hunting for the next Head Coach.
Do they get any bigger than BB ?

Hey this is a long shot to happen , but it may be be more realistic than any of us thought.

Make it happen Jerry !!!
This would be the ultimate hire !!!
i like it. i would modify number five, bill wants two more superbowls patriots wont get him there anytime soon without brady, cowboys with a bill b "tune up" and not a rebuild might look attractive to BB

RoboQB

Reaction score
In his own cryptic conversations, Jerry probably has already asked Bill.
Follow the recent events:
Garrett's name pops up as top guy for Giants-HC.
Jerry shares his story about Bill.
Bill compliments Cowboys players (as he does every opponent).
Jerry compliments Bill and his coaches after loss.

It's unlikely, for sure. But hey, this is the Dallas Cowboys!
"The Big Room" as the Bug Tuna once said just before taking the job.

Plus, if Brady is finally beginning to fade, Bill already knows it.
He'd be wise to get out first. And Jerry's hand won't cramp up while
making the one signing every team in the league would want.

Or maybe it's just my buzz... lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels and Urban Meyer are short lived solutions. I just cant see Josh being loyal to Jerry in this environment for more than 2-3 years. Same with Urban.Both are flakey.

yimyammer

Reaction score
1. The Hoodies contract goes season to season, so he would be free to come to the Cowboys after the NFL season is over.

source please?

I've been looking for info on his contract off and on over the last week and I cant find anything other than reports that say the Patriots and Bill keep his contract terms close to the vest and details are hard to obtain

He helped the Cowboys with player contracts before getting into coaching in the NFL.

No disrespect, but thats impossible, Belichick started coaching in the NFL in 1975, over a decade before jeri bought the Cowboys. Further, I've never heard a peep about Belichick doing anything for the Cowboys.

Where did you come up with this?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll give you that, a good point, but I still think the perception would be too much for Jerry's ego. He didn't stick with Garett this long because of the brilliant coaching that has happened here for the last 10 years.

He stuck with Garret b/c by all accounts Jason Garret is really impressive in meetings and interviews. I think JG talked his way into this job and has been selling Jerry on what ails the cowboys ever since.......always pointing the finger away from himself. This year is just the perfect storm b/c Jason had all the pieces and couldn't do anything with it. No major injuries to blame............ Jerry is realizing its been 10 years and his team is 6-6. Jerry is also realizing he's 77 and doesn't have the time nor the inclination to get involved in a rebuild. He's got no choice but to hire a big name with a track record players respect. It makes perfect sense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
In his own cryptic conversations, Jerry probably has already asked Bill.
Follow the recent events:
Garrett's name pops up as top guy for Giants-HC.
Jerry shares his story about Bill.
Bill compliments Cowboys players (as he does every opponent).
Jerry compliments Bill and his coaches after loss.

It's unlikely, for sure. But hey, this is the Dallas Cowboys!
"The Big Room" as the Bug Tuna once said just before taking the job.

Plus, if Brady is finally beginning to fade, Bill already knows it.
He'd be wise to get out first. And Jerry's hand won't cramp up while
making the one signing every team in the league would want.

Or maybe it's just my buzz... lol.
A fellow hopeful fan, But I should not be surprised by the cynisism of most.
Jerry has most of us beat down by this time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
source please?

I've been looking for info on his contract off and on over the last week and I cant find anything other than reports that say the Patriots and Bill keep his contract terms close to the vest and details are hard to obtain

No disrespect, but thats impossible, Belichick started coaching in the NFL in 1975, over a decade before jeri bought the Cowboys. Further, I've never heard a peep about Belichick doing anything for the Cowboys.

Where did you come up with this?

Why would Bill sign a long term contract? For a man of his success, thats a big concession. Odds are he writes his own ticket and has the freedom to do whatever he wants.........the perks of going to 9 super bowls.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Assuming that Jerry and Garrett part ways at seasons end consider the following :

3. The Story about Bill asking Jerry for a job in the 1990's just came to light after all these years ..hummmm.... that's interesting to say the least.

4. Jerry is 77 years of age and had be realizing his mortality.
You can't take it with you, and if Jerry wants another Superbowl, he has to see that his window is closing.
Will that mean he would give up the control he enjoys ?
He did do with Belichick's mentor Parcels so it possible.

5. The Patriots are on the way down, Brady is showing his age.
Does Bill want to be part of a rebuild ?

6. The Cowboys are quality coaching away from being a legit contender.
They have a quality core and just need a coach that can tap the potential.

7. The Dallas media has mentioned that Mr. Jones is going big game hunting for the next Head Coach.
Do they get any bigger than BB ?

Hey this is a long shot to happen , but it may be be more realistic than any of us thought.

Make it happen Jerry !!!
This would be the ultimate hire !!!

tenor.gif

wileedog

Reaction score
He stuck with Garret b/c by all accounts Jason Garret is really impressive in meetings and interviews. I think JG talked his way into this job and has been selling Jerry on what ails the cowboys ever since.......always pointing the finger away from himself. This year is just the perfect storm b/c Jason had all the pieces and couldn't do anything with it. No major injuries to blame............ Jerry is realizing its been 10 years and his team is 6-6. Jerry is also realizing he's 77 and doesn't have the time nor the inclination to get involved in a rebuild. He's got no choice but to hire a big name with a track record players respect. It makes perfect sense.
Jerry is only 1 year older than last year when the team was 3-5 and everyone in sports was saying Garrett was a nine year failed experiment. What was Jerry's reaction? Fire Garrett?

Nope, trade a 1st round pick for what very well might be a 1.5 year rental in Cooper to try and save his hand picked coach.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be what is best for the team, but it completely flies in the face of the absolute narcissist that Jerry is to bring someone of Belichick's stature in the take all of the credit for someone finally winning something in Dallas after literally decades of Jerry trying. I just don't see it.

And again, why is Belichick leaving a rich, hands-off owner in NE to work with Jerry's meddling? For Dak? Really? C'mon.

MikeB80

Reaction score
To the people who think Broaddus has any clue when he says they are thinking big in regards to coaching, pay him no mind. He says dumb stuff like this all the time.

Its like when he talks on draft day out of his but with things like would ya trade zach martin for a 1 here to go up etc..

Nobody knows because the owner has not even made up his mind to get rid of garrett yet. We have seen this before where it looked like he was done then they redo the staff and keep him.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Let's play game. I name reasons why Bill won't come here and then y'all give me reasons he would.

Jerry.

Go!

His flight to Hawaii gets diverted to DFW where he has to layover until an alternative plane can be found

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry is only 1 year older than last year when the team was 3-5 and everyone in sports was saying Garrett was a nine year failed experiment. What was Jerry's reaction? Fire Garrett?

Nope, trade a 1st round pick for what very well might be a 1.5 year rental in Cooper to try and save his hand picked coach.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be what is best for the team, but it completely flies in the fact of the absolute narcissist that Jerry is to bring someone of Belichick's stature in the take all of the credit for someone finally winning something in Dallas after literally decades of Jerry trying. I just don't see it.

And again, why is Belichick leaving a rich, hands-off owner in NE to work with Jerry's meddling? For Dak? Really? C'mon.
Good points sir, can't disagree with you.
Just hoping for Jerry to get desperate to win...