Twitter: Belichick On Preparing For Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What was suppose to say.........he told the truth. It's no secret he's known for taking away what other teams do best......100% this is why it was answered the way it was.

What's ironic is OP was just saying a couple of weeks ago you can't believe anything Belichick says when a poster quoted him praising Dak....lol
Belichick is known for saying good things about every QB the Pats play whether they are a good QB or not.

Are you saying that's false?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Pats have played Tua, Zach Wilson, Jameis, Brady and Davis Mills. Bellichek told the truth. Up until this game, Brady was the best they had to prep for.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Belichick is known for saying good things about every QB the Pats play whether they are a good QB or not.

Are you saying that's false?

Nope, not at all......In fact, in 30+ years of following the NFL, I've never heard any opposing coach disrespect his opponent QB. Then WHY are saying his quote in the tweet should "motivate" Dak.......am I missing something.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I don't think Dak needs any "fuel" beyond the desire to win.. And I don't think his ego is such that he needs to be elevated above Tom Brady.. In fact I am surprised that Belichick didn't try to play a mind game and say "yeah Dak is much better ..." He's usually pretty good at gassin up an opponent... The fact that he chose not to with Dak tells me he already knows it won't work. If I were Dak I would take it as a measure of respect.

I think it has more to do with knowing the media would blow the Brady Bellichick controversy out of proportion.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
When you're a competitor and someone says somebody else is better than you it fuels you. Sure, Brady is the GOAT, and everyone knows that, but it still lights a fire under you just hearing your opponent say you're not the best they will face.

Some of ya'll have never played sports and it shows.

In general I think you are correct, but Daks personality appears to be driven towards him being competitive with himself over being competitive against his peers. I could be wrong, but Dak comes across as someone who wants to be the best he can be and maximize in his own abilities... Not outperform someone else. .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nope, not at all......In fact, in 30+ years of following the NFL, I've never heard any opposing coach disrespect his opponent QB. Then WHY are saying his quote in the tweet should "motivate" Dak.......am I missing something.
As I said to another user.

Some of ya'll never played sports and it shows. You wouldn't understand I guess.

Big D

Reaction score
He's trying to provoke Dak into trying to do too much in order to prove something. Don't take the bait! :angry:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Players at the highest level will take that statement and make it motivation to kick the Pats azz. Jordan, Kobe even Tom Brady himself would turn that into something in their minds.

Dak better use that fuel...some y'all may think it's petty, but that's called an Edge. Time for Dak to get in the conversation.

Aven8

Reaction score
We almost had that win last time we were up there in the cold and windy day.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I doubt BB's response has any impact on the game itself, but I guess we will find out Sunday.
:flagwave:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We almost had that win last time we were up there in the cold and windy day.

Anyone who has never played in 40 mph sideways wind and rain has no idea what that is like. Passing the ball in those conditions is nigh impossible.

Scotman

Reaction score
Coming from a loaded question, this is about as innocuous answer as you couple possibly have. It's a nothing kind of answer....like eating a plain rice cake and washing it down with tepid water.

Short of BB giving a @Risen approved answer to that question, I don't see any motivation in it for anyone.