Belichick out in New England

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hope he straight up retires. Anything other than winning a SB somewhere else would be seen as 'proof' he had failed and the game has passed him by.
I would retire if I were him. He's proven everything already, and he's old and rich. Why not just travel to some fun and interesting places and enjoy life?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The way Brady just popped on to Tampa Bay and won the Super Bowl may suggest is was Brady and not Belichick to credit for the Patriots success.
Tampa had the top 3 offense the year prior to Brady joining them. Everything was in place for him.

Winston's 30 interceptions killed the 2019 season and made the defense look far worse than it was.

Brady got picked 3 times in the divisional round and that defense saved his butt.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
The game does not pass by great coaches. Great coaches make the game.
I completely agree but you know how the media and these message boards work, for some reason it has to be stated that the Pats dominated because of Tom OR Bill, never both. How about the other 52 players and several other coaches too?

It takes a team to win.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I completely agree but you know how the media and these message boards work, for some reason it has to be stated that the Pats dominated because of Tom OR Bill, never both. How about the other 52 players and several other coaches too?

It takes a team to win.
Belichick the reason why he was so great for so long. In my opinion he had the Moxie to trade his first round talent for first round draft picks and he just kept collecting them over the years. And then he lost his recruiting staff. Started making wrong choices. We have one of the best recruiting guys in the league. Not everybody has a Will Maclay.