Belichick out in New England

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I hope he retires, the game seems to have passed him by… But Jerry would almost certainly call him if for some reason he decided to move on from MM.
Shame to see him go, I can’t stand the Patriots, but he and Brady are legends and I’ve been lucky to watch them, it’s what following sports is all about.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I could see Vrabel to New England, but then again it's probably the worst job available. 0 pro bowlers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IF there was any doubt whether Quinn gets an offer.......with 8 HC openings, it is safe to say he's a goner.
True but he has a few things going against him.

Teams seem to want to hire guys 40 and under.
Teams with offensive minded coaches seem to be getting hired by teams with young quarterbacks.

If Quinn wants to get hired he’s gonna have to bring a young offensive mind with him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hope he retires, the game seems to have passed him by… But Jerry would almost certainly call him if for some reason he decided to move on from MM.
Shame to see him go, I can’t stand the Patriots, but he and Brady are legends and I’ve been lucky to watch them, it’s what following sports is all about.
I can’t say the game passed him by because his defense shows up regardless of who’s hurt. He’s still one of the best.

Kalyan

Reaction score
HC is the captain of the ship and he dies need a good to great QB to win. Can’t win consistently with out a great QB, we have exceptions with Baltimore and TB winning SBs with abh QBs, but those are exceptions…

Remember Aikman said if Jimmy wanted to do nothing but coaching like Bill, instead of fishing, Aikman would have been regarded much higher like Montana, Brady …

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Bellichick is great.
Brady is great.

They could have won 10 Superbowls together or 3 together. So many other things have to happen right in a season. But they both had magic, both helped keep the team bringing excellence every year and always being in the playoffs gives you a chance.

I tell my kids I feel blessed to be born during a time I got to watch teams like the Cowboys in the 90s or the Patriots in the last 25 years.

Players like:

Jordan, Brady, Woods, Phelps, Bolt, and I'm sure I am forgetting others.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Being from New England has nothing to do with anything. People from Dallas do not automatically know the Cowboys coach lol.
It kinda does for avid fans of the NFL. The Pats are front and center here. You can't escape the coverage, or the conversation in the break room. They will be on your TV every week. I've probably seen as many if not more Pats games as I have Cowboys games over the last 20ish years simply because that's what was on and I love watching football.

I can't stand em, but I sure do respect what they accomplished.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF there was any doubt whether Quinn gets an offer.......with 8 HC openings, it is safe to say he's a goner.
Getting an offer and being a goner is two different things.

Last year he said he wanted to stay in Dallas. Does he still?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Anyone know any great coach who won multilple titles that didn't have a great QB?
There's a difference between a great QB and a QB who is regarded as the greatest of all-time who was willing to play for less than top dollar so the pieces could be signed around him. What is Belichick without Tom Brady? He's a coach with a losing record (29-36) with one play-off appearance and 0 victories. And, he only lucked into finding Brady. Bledsoe was the starter until he got knocked out. And a cheater. And I've heard people say that everyone does the things he got caught doing. If he's so great, why is he the only one was ever caught?