Belichick still possible?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Belichick is in his 70s. He’s had three losing seasons in his last four seasons and is coming off the worst season of his career. It doesn’t appear anyone wants him. Teams want younger coaches. Belichick looks like a tired worn out coach and everyone is probably tired of his uninspiring press conferences. He just sits there looking like he doesn’t want to be there.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I ask myself why would Belichick want to take a pay cut-a down grade and work with Jerry to boot :facepalm: This happens it has to be one of the most unexpected things to ever happen. I mean on Big foot- Mermaids and Dragons showing up at Jerry World...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bill said he's waiting on the June 1st cut to decide. If it's a cut he's all in with Jerry.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're talking about next season.....it's certainly a possibility. Not likely, but possible. Big Mac is the guy for this season though. How the season unfolds will determine the HC outcome for next year. If Big Mac flames out badly, maybe Jerry throws up a Hail Mary with Bill.
Bold>

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah.. I think the greatest NFL coach of all time is going to come to Dallas and coach under McCarthy.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Do you think it is even a Remote possibility that Jerry sees Bill as a possibility for HC and terminates Big Mike?
No way in Hades does that ever happen. If he couldn't handle Jimmy's ego, he certainly can't even be in the same room with BB.. He would suck all the oxygen from the room and leave Jerry reaching for his JWB. He would rather keep losing his way than turn the reins over to a competent and qualified real HC.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They had a press conference to announce he’s back…let’s give it up guys

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I ask myself why would Belichick want to take a pay cut-a down grade and work with Jerry to boot :facepalm: This happens it has to be one of the most unexpected things to ever happen. I mean on Big foot- Mermaids and Dragons showing up at Jerry World...
He was just asking...

and he asked about MM being fired and Beli taking the HC role,, so how is that a downgrade?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do you think it is even a Remote possibility that Jerry sees Bill as a possibility for HC and terminates Big Mike?
No because jerry wouldnt be hiring a dc if he was going to get a new HC.
Bill would want to pick his own dc, so would most other coaches, except mike who is a puppet who lets jerry do the hiring.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I do not think BB is anywhere near the greatest coach like many do, however he does do things that I think can help the Cowboys. He is discipline minded something we haven't had in a long time and we haven't had a Defensive Head Coach in a long time either.

CWR

Reaction score
There is going to be a team that gets off to a slow start in 2024 (Us, Eagles, Bills, or Saints) and gasses their HC for Belichick.

Belichick would be wise to just stick it out and wait.
I can recall many a mid season firings, but it's always an interim coach to step in.

Don't think I've ever see them bring in an outside candidate mid season.