Bellichick vs Garrett

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Because that’s not the way Belichick does things. Belichick said today that he doesn’t care if everyone thinks he should have pulled Brady, Belichick believes that teams should continue trying to score as long as the game has any conceivable chance of getting close again.

“We’re trying to score until I thought the game got to the point where I thought they didn’t really have enough possessions to catch us. Look, we’ve seen Peyton Manning come back from down 21 points in four minutes and win. So it’s not over until it’s over in this league. I know I’m in the minority on that, but until it’s over you’re trying to score, you’re trying to win, there’s no lead, no 28-point lead, 24-point lead, 21-point lead that’s ever safe in this league. I’ve seen them evaporate,” Belichick said.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Belichick was actually talking about his offense, not his defense. I agree with him, but I'm not sure I understand the title thread. I don't think Garrett would have pulled Dak either.
We have seen leads disappear during Garrett's tenure after half time. It hardly happens against Pats. We dont see miracles regularly against Pats. Miami game play this season at the end is why Pats are traveling instead of hosting AFCCG.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Disappointing thread. I thought this thread was going to be JG was hired by BB to help them out with the process.

Flamma

Reaction score
How many coaches, teams we have seen lose leads when they played prevent. Agree with Belichik on this one.

This is a direct result of experience. I forget what year it was, probably 2007. The Pats had a 21 point lead in the 4th and he took Brady out. The backup threw a pick 6 and he immediately brought back Brady. Belichick stated in the presser, one more like that and they were right back in it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Because that’s not the way Belichick does things. Belichick said today that he doesn’t care if everyone thinks he should have pulled Brady, Belichick believes that teams should continue trying to score as long as the game has any conceivable chance of getting close again.

“We’re trying to score until I thought the game got to the point where I thought they didn’t really have enough possessions to catch us. Look, we’ve seen Peyton Manning come back from down 21 points in four minutes and win. So it’s not over until it’s over in this league. I know I’m in the minority on that, but until it’s over you’re trying to score, you’re trying to win, there’s no lead, no 28-point lead, 24-point lead, 21-point lead that’s ever safe in this league. I’ve seen them evaporate,” Belichick said.

Not sure what this has to do with Garrett. We haven't had a 28-, 24- or 21-point lead very often.

Pants

Reaction score
I read the title of the thread and thought it was going to be a comparison of the two so I thought to myself, "Pants? you had a rough day at work, you need a good laugh...."

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno, I think Garrett is better.
tv8py.jpg

Big_D

Reaction score
What's he catching heat for running up the score? lol what a joke that is. The guy is probably the smartest coach in football and he's absolutely correct that anything can happen and we've seen teams come back when you thought it was over. This is why he's heading to his 13th championship game while other stupidazz coaches are sitting home.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have seen leads disappear during Garrett's tenure after half time. It hardly happens against Pats. We dont see miracles regularly against Pats. Miami game play this season at the end is why Pats are traveling instead of hosting AFCCG.

This is largely because the Pats have been an elite team for 18 straight years. The Cowboys aren't the only team below that level (as all teams are) that sometimes loses leads in the second half.

In any case, the comments by Belichick addressed a specific situation ... why Belichick didn't pull his QB when he had a large lead. In that context I don't think there is any contrast to Garrett because I don't at all think Garrett would have pulled his either.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is saying it thinks Garrett's idea is to pull players before a win is guaranteed, I guess?

Or is it just to say that Belichick is a better coach than Jason Garrett? Because he is. If he's out of work, we should totally hire him.