Bellichick vs Garrett

Verdict

Reaction score
Because that’s not the way Belichick does things. Belichick said today that he doesn’t care if everyone thinks he should have pulled Brady, Belichick believes that teams should continue trying to score as long as the game has any conceivable chance of getting close again.

“We’re trying to score until I thought the game got to the point where I thought they didn’t really have enough possessions to catch us. Look, we’ve seen Peyton Manning come back from down 21 points in four minutes and win. So it’s not over until it’s over in this league. I know I’m in the minority on that, but until it’s over you’re trying to score, you’re trying to win, there’s no lead, no 28-point lead, 24-point lead, 21-point lead that’s ever safe in this league. I’ve seen them evaporate,” Belichick said.

I like his keep your foot on their throat mentality.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
This thread is about running up the score instead of waiting for other teams making miracle 2h comebacks as we have seen.

Detroit Lions (multiple times), Packers, Chargers games strike to my mind. Lions with Stafford qb sneaking in the ball.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Belichick was actually talking about his offense, not his defense. I agree with him, but I'm not sure I understand the title thread. I don't think Garrett would have pulled Dak either.

I think the point was to show that Belly boy plays to win and Garrett plays not to lose. Belly will stomp on your throat and keep grinding until you're lifeless. Garrett takes his foot off the gas (assuming he ever found the pedal to begin with) and hopes he can hang on.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
:laugh:
I read the title of the thread and thought it was going to be a comparison of the two so I thought to myself, "Pants? you had a rough day at work, you need a good laugh...."

You should get a multiple of 100 added to every like by going 3rd person there.

Lol

Well done

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the point was to show that Belly boy plays to win and Garrett plays not to lose. Belly will stomp on your throat and keep grinding until you're lifeless. Garrett takes his foot off the gas (assuming he ever found the pedal to begin with) and hopes he can hang on.

I'm sure you could find some examples of that, but this situation does not apply.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Because that’s not the way Belichick does things. Belichick said today that he doesn’t care if everyone thinks he should have pulled Brady, Belichick believes that teams should continue trying to score as long as the game has any conceivable chance of getting close again.

“We’re trying to score until I thought the game got to the point where I thought they didn’t really have enough possessions to catch us. Look, we’ve seen Peyton Manning come back from down 21 points in four minutes and win. So it’s not over until it’s over in this league. I know I’m in the minority on that, but until it’s over you’re trying to score, you’re trying to win, there’s no lead, no 28-point lead, 24-point lead, 21-point lead that’s ever safe in this league. I’ve seen them evaporate,” Belichick said.
You don't have to go to Belichick...Jimmy Johnson quotes "Pour it on them and don't let up!" and "When you go up against a big Guerilla you don't hit him lightly. You hit him with everything you got." Where was Garrett during all of this great coaching by Jimmy Johnson?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Mildly off-topic but the game that Belichick is referring to popped up in my Youtube suggestions the other day (probably not a coincidence) and... wow, I forgot what a crazy game that was. Has to be one of the craziest ever.

It had John Madden, Peyton Manning, Chucky, absurd officiating, absurd luck...

dallasdave

Reaction score

Sounds like Jimmy Johnson :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Garrett will play for 3, every time, all the time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty much okay with agreeing with Bill Belechek on all football related matters.