Video: Ben Dinucci Highlights

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1) DiNucci made the team as a 7th round pick at the hardest position to make an NFL roster. He beat out Thorson who had a year on him for the spot.
2) Is he ahead of where Romo was in his rookie year? Just asking to compare apples to apples.
3) Romo went from undrafted to star QB in a few years. So, no reason to think a 7th rounder can't do the same. Not saying it will happen, not saying it won't happen.
4) I think DiNucci is the Cowboy 2nd string QB next year.
5) Too bad we didn't have preseason games this year. It would have been really fun with a new coach, Lamb, Diggs, DiNucci, Aldon Smith and others.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Rosen would have been a significant upgrade over DiNucci. Was never going to happen though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Which is why every team ought to be developing a QB at every moment.

Pure stupidity not to.

I'm totally with you on that one. Trying to hit on a QB who can start some on his rookie contract is the road to a massive cap advantage.

I hope they're trying to make the most of McCarthy as a QB Whisperer.

I'm not convinced that QBs are that hard to find. We got Dak in the 4th, and but for *2* injured QBs in preseason, he might be a journeyman QB today.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'm thinking this year is going to be a down year given the injuries and a new coaching staff trying to bring in a new system. I also think where we end up in the draft order is going to determine our next QB, maybe Trevor Lawrence? Dak is going to be way to expensive and he isn't worth decimating the entire team.
Trevor Lawrence will be out of our reach but it would be great to get him.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude but the OP is a troll. He shows up every couple of years with some BS. This one isn't that bad but the last one was all about how stupid we are all if we came from Texas. I didn't forget dude.
You showed up last time I started a thread to spew the same garbage. You were projecting then and you're projecting now.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
You showed up last time I started a thread to spew the same garbage. You were projecting then and you're projecting now.
Lol, what did you say about people from Texas on a Cowboys board last time you showed your face? Do you even remember?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Not trying to be critical, but most of those highlights looked like great plays by the receivers, not the thrower.

That is not to say he cannot be a good quarterback in the NFL, but rather it would have been nice to see more downfield throws that were not jump balls or where receivers had several yards on the coverage.
Sorry, but those throws to the side and in the red zone were on the money. More than that is the poise and his decision making. I never saw anything like that with Dak's college highlights. Just saying.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but those throws to the side and in the red zone were on the money. More than that is the poise and his decision making. I never saw anything like that with Dak's college highlights. Just saying.
What does this have to do with Dak?

Those throws to the side are made every Friday night in high school football games so I would hope he can make those throws.

There were not impressive nor anywhere close to being "highlights" though. They were just throws every college quarterback should make with their eyes closed.

It would have been nice to see him in pre-season games with an NFL offense against NFL defenses, but at this point I have no opinion on him, good or bad.

As I said, I am not bashing the player nor do I have an agenda like you seem to with a random attack on another player.

I am saying that highlight video showed nothing special.

TheCritic

Reaction score
What does this have to do with Dak?

Those throws to the side are made every Friday night in high school football games so I would hope he can make those throws.

There were not impressive nor anywhere close to being "highlights" though. They were just throws every college quarterback should make with their eyes closed.

It would have been nice to see him in pre-season games with an NFL offense against NFL defenses, but at this point I have no opinion on him, good or bad.

As I said, I am not bashing the player nor do I have an agenda like you seem to with a random attack on another player.

I am saying that highlight video showed nothing special.
We can agree to disagree then.