Video: Ben Dinucci Highlights

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes, there are some strong similarities to a young Romo. But I also see an even stronger arm, an even faster release and a poise that even Romo didn't have until 2006. Dinucci is special! I can't wait to see him as the near-future Dallas Cowboys franchise QB.

I'm just grateful we didn't sign Dak to a long term deal. Dak is a pretty good QB, but he is not on that level of special. I remember when Romo took that last series of his career against the Eagles in 2016. It was at that point when I realized that the hype of Dak going on at that time got exposed. Dak was riding high on the back of a monster Zeke rookie season and a really dumbed down passing offense. Of course Dak is playing at a much higher level than 2016. But I just never get the sense that he is ever going to be able to take over a game.

This Dinucci kid gives me that feeling. Give him a season under Kellen Moore and Andy Dalton mentoring him. You'll see it.

Near future Dallas franchise QB? LOL!!!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm thinking this year is going to be a down year given the injuries and a new coaching staff trying to bring in a new system. I also think where we end up in the draft order is going to determine our next QB, maybe Trevor Lawrence? Dak is going to be way to expensive and he isn't worth decimating the entire team.

LOL.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----Oh boy here we go.

I have no room to talk...I had Mike White starting by now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking this year is going to be a down year given the injuries and a new coaching staff trying to bring in a new system.
tenor.gif

Hadenough

Reaction score

Yes, there are some strong similarities to a young Romo. But I also see an even stronger arm, an even faster release and a poise that even Romo didn't have until 2006. Dinucci is special! I can't wait to see him as the near-future Dallas Cowboys franchise QB.

I'm just grateful we didn't sign Dak to a long term deal. Dak is a pretty good QB, but he is not on that level of special. I remember when Romo took that last series of his career against the Eagles in 2016. It was at that point when I realized that the hype of Dak going on at that time got exposed. Dak was riding high on the back of a monster Zeke rookie season and a really dumbed down passing offense. Of course Dak is playing at a much higher level than 2016. But I just never get the sense that he is ever going to be able to take over a game.

This Dinucci kid gives me that feeling. Give him a season under Kellen Moore and Andy Dalton mentoring him. You'll see it.

It would of been nice to have some pre season games to see this kid play but he does look confident and accurate in the throws he is making.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Prescott didn't accept the previous contract offer and after the Watson contract he will be long gone after this season.

It is sensible to start considering future options moving on after this season.
I think your right! This franchise tag was just to see how he does under McCarthy. Thats all well and good but its just going through the motions because even though Garrett had his flaws there were throws at key moments that Dak either misses, wont throw, or doesnt see.

Swagger

Reaction score
I think your right! This franchise tag was just to see how he does under McCarthy. Thats all well and good but its just going through the motions because even though Garrett had his flaws there were throws at key moments that Dak either misses, wont throw, or doesnt see.
Your last sentence is a pertinent point yet all of those missed throws at key moments by Prescott were just added to Garrett's log or errors.

CoachD

Reaction score
Quick-release, good decision making and can deliver the ball in the pocket. Bottom line here is Dak better have a great year or Ben could very well be the starter heading into next season!

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Romo similarities are there...

3/4 throwing angle, elusive and athletic, and throws a ton of picks.

He may have an issue when his first read isnt there.

That's the cliff notes.

I think he has a ton of ability and is worth trying to develop. He is absolutely NOT a Cooper Rush type of waste of good air for others to breathe.

He probably wont amount to much beyond a backup and that may not even happen here, but no reason not to have someone like him around.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The Romo similarities are there...

3/4 throwing angle, elusive and athletic, and throws a ton of picks.

He may have an issue when his first read isnt there.

That's the cliff notes.

I think he has a ton of ability and is worth trying to develop. He is absolutely NOT a Cooper Rush type of waste of good air for others to breathe.

He probably wont amount to much beyond a backup and that may not even happen here, but no reason not to have someone like him around.

But thats with the George Madison WR's. He had to make things happen. With these weapons, his accuracy and guick telease will lead to more successes then failures

fivetwos

Reaction score
But thats with the George Madison WR's. He had to make things happen. With these weapons, his accuracy and guick telease will lead to more successes then failures
In time, yes. I think so.

Thing was, what little I saw of him, either his first read was open or he used his legs.

Either way he is a developmental guy with a serious upside and glad we have him.

A guy like Rush was not that.

Hardline

Reaction score
Why did he transfer from a Division I to a Division II school?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why did he transfer from a Division I to a Division II school?
Because he sucked and couldn't break a starter's role at Pitt.

"Ben DiNucci, the former Pine-Richland High School star who got his chance under center this season, announced Thursday on Twitter he will transfer. ... DiNucci stepped in again after Browne had shoulder surgery but was strangely benched for Pickett in the third quarter of the first game without Browne, against N.C. State.Dec 14, 2017."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...y-redshirt-pine-richland/stories/201712140139

That's who these Dak haters are suddenly fawning over?
:laugh::facepalm: