News: Ben DiNucci is getting a lot of praise

johneric8

Reaction score
Sure looks good on tape here. ESPN's tape of him during the draft showed him in a completely unfavorable light - which is poor journalism on their part. :espn:
A scouting report from DiNucci's days at Pitt lists his weaknesses as the opposite of these things, which means he either worked on his mechanics, played in a conservative system at Pitt, or both.

Yes, I think he has a ton of potential despite the reporting. The one thing we have remind ourselves of is Mike McCarthy is definitely a Qb guru and the fact that he pounded his desk for this guy is a great sign. I see some intangibles with Ben that I don't see with many Qb's just based on his release and accuracy. He does look similar to Aaron Rogers to me which obviously is a great thing. McCarthy is great about having Qb's to groom so this may end up being a better move than we could imagine down the line. The thing about Rogers that has always impressed me was his absolute killer instinct and bravado. I think his demeanor has a bit of an intimidation factor to it and I see this a little with Ben. Please don't assume I'm saying he is going to be the next Rogers, I'm just saying that I see something with the kid.