Twitter: Ben DiNucci's 1st NFL Pass to Cooper

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the quick setup

Flick of the wrist

Beauty throw

At least 5 wins......

Yep, a very nice pass. I wish the blocking held up enough to see more.

As for 5 wins, I have to say I doubt it after what we saw yesterday. One nice pass from DinNucci isn't enough for me to feel optimistic. If we do get to 5 wins it will be because teams we play like the Giants and Vikings also suck.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Look at the quick setup

Flick of the wrist

Beauty throw

At least 5 wins......

after just seeing that throw and couple of other ones, its obvious Danucci is raw, but man he has some arm power compared to Dalton. Dalton struggles so much with making any throw, he has to put so much behind it just to get it there and that's why its inaccurate and all over the place. he doesn't chuck it past 20 yards much and when he does, its those 40 yard heaves which he is missing by a mile.

Qcard

Reaction score
after just seeing that throw and couple of other ones, its obvious Danucci is raw, but man he has some arm power compared to Dalton. Dalton struggles so much with making any throw, he has to put so much behind it just to get it there and that's why its inaccurate and all over the place. he doesn't chuck it past 20 yards much and when he does, its those 40 yard heaves which he is missing by a mile.
I love and support Dak but DiNucci motion is better raw talent

Dak had to refine his throw (which is an amazing Pro feat)

Qcard

Reaction score
That throw was fine, but I wouldn't exactly put it on a highlight reel. It was underthrown by almost 10 yards. Even if not an underthrow, based on the coverage, it's on the wrong shoulder.

Like let's relax a little.
Yes, but the confidence to make the throw is important.
DiNucci was late on the read and throw but raw arm got him.out of trouble

Starters reps can fix the timing

I expect a deep ball similar against Eagles

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I love and support Dak but DiNucci motion is better raw talent

Dak had to refine his throw (which is an amazing Pro feat)
the question is will Danucci learn the NFL, meaning, reading defenses. understanding the game within the game, having that clock in his head, being able to sense pressure from behind. many with arm talent failed in the NFL....and many with lesser talent succeeded....so lets see how this kid progresses. is he a Romo or is he Chad Hutchinson.....I guess we have to wait and see.....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes, but the confidence to make the throw is important.
DiNucci was late on the read and throw but raw arm got him.out of trouble

Starters reps can fix the timing

I expect a deep ball similar against Eagles
The underthrow isn't really a timing issue, though he did probably let it go too late.

If it's a misread, then he's a really long way from being an NFL QB. When the safety is parallel to the WR and hasn't flipped his hips, that ball has to go over the top.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He can throw the ball that’s for sure. We have had 3rd string QBs that could not throw it.