Ben Roethlisberger to retire

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
He played a long time. There aren't that many QBs recently that have done it much better than Big Ben. Enjoy retirement, BB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thing about Big Ben is that because of his size and probably some because of his nickname refs allowed defenders to hit him. Had he been protected the way the league has protected Brady he'd still be playing at a high level. His body has taken too much pounding over the course of his career and it caught up with him. He was a great player.. but as someone already said.. Father Time is undefeated.
He also had a really bad OL most of his career. His OL in his prime was probably as bad or worse than the OL Romo had from 2010-2012

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

He strikes me as someone who will show up on another teams roster next year. Maybe the Commanders? There are plenty of poorly run organizations that will need a QB, need butts in seats and will not have Super Bowl aspirations next year.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Best QB they've ever had.

This type of thing saddens me only because it means I'm getting old.

I remember him sitting in the green room at the draft miffed that he was getting snubbed.

He taken 11th overall. I don't remember him being snubbed or being miffed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When we played them in ‘04, Parcells said he was the best rookie QB he’d ever seen.

Parcells probably kept his eyes closed during Marino's rookie year then.. Ben was on training wheels back then.. They passed for more than 200 yards FOUR TIMES that season. The offense was handoff, handoff, handoff and if that failed handoff some more. They rushed for 2500 yards and had the #1 defense in both scoring and yards. I hate it when people try to make more of one player than he was .. Ruthlessraper was a good rookie QB.. but if Parcells said that about him, then um givin him side eye.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I can't believe y'all are slurping this fat rapist. I can't stand Pittsburgh and I hate this sorry excuse for a person more than that. He should have been locked up long ago, but they let him slide and EVERYONE forgot all about it. ***.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
its time. Now lets sit and watch their "Great," coach all of the sudden suck. The gravy train has reached its end for Tomlin. BY the way, I like Tomlin, a lot, but hes about to be like everybody else that doesnt have a HOF qb running the offense.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Parcells probably kept his eyes closed during Marino's rookie year then.. Ben was on training wheels back then.. They passed for more than 200 yards FOUR TIMES that season. The offense was handoff, handoff, handoff and if that failed handoff some more. They rushed for 2500 yards and had the #1 defense in both scoring and yards. I hate it when people try to make more of one player than he was .. Ruthlessraper was a good rookie QB.. but if Parcells said that about him, then um givin him side eye.

exactly....... There has never been a rookie qb come close to Dan Marino's rookie season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I can't believe y'all are slurping this fat rapist. I can't stand Pittsburgh and I hate this sorry excuse for a person more than that. He should have been locked up long ago, but they let him slide and EVERYONE forgot all about it. ***.
I never understand comments like this. Big Ben may have done as you suggest, but you have ZERO FACTS to back that claim up. This is why trials exist and only certain things are allowed into evidence. Its also why we try to keep people with any knowledge of a case off of a jury.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
exactly....... There has never been a rookie qb come close to Dan Marino's rookie season.

I'm not sure I would go that far.. There has been some really good rookie QB seasons SINCE Ruthlessraper came into the league.. Dak,RG3, Russ, Herbert.. were all really really good good. But until those guys came along Marino was the gold standard.. I will say this though.. Most people think Marino's record setting SECOND season when he threw for 5000 yards and 48 TDs was his rookie year. It wasn't.. Marino's rookie season was 1983 and he was not named the starter until week 6 and got hurt with two games left in the season and had to give way to Don Strock. Marino's rookie season was nice but I don't think it stacks up against the guys like Dak, RG3, Russ and Herbert.

RaZon

Reaction score
Will leave the NFL in the top five/six in TD passes and yards, without question a first ballot Hall of Famer and without question the best QB the Steelers ever had.

Funny how both Bradshaw and Big Ben were out of small schools, as were a lot of those stud Steelers like....that whole Steel Curtain, Blount, Stallworth, Antonio Brown.

The great MAC attack Big Ben passing to Antonio Brown

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Well then you don't remember that draft.

Yup. The Giants were his first real landing spot if Eli Manning didn't pout about going to the Chargers.
San Diego only took Rivers to trade him to SD. They had no real interest in him as their QB.