Audio: Bengals look to feast on Cowboys defense

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We beat three pattycake teams and became a superbowl contender. Bengals have the best D we've played all season by far - they will give our o:line problems especially if we are down a starter or two. I don't count losing Collins for Leary as losing a starter.

Same could be said about the Bengals. They have won 2 games on Pattycake teams. We have the best Oline they have faced. We will beat these guys.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Bottom line, the offense has to have a good game. No stalling, no three and outs, no field goal fests (especially given the injured kicker), no turnovers,,, when the boys defense gets a stop or turnover it has to be capitalized upon. Unless DLaws return provides some kind of tipping point that makes them good, this defense will not hold up to prolonged exposure to a playoff quality offense.

That can't run the ball effectively as of yet.

erod

Reaction score
Miami basically played with five backup offensive linemen. Horrible case made.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think the defense gets a boost this game with Lawrence returning and while I think Cinn is a good team and presents a challenge I also know Cinn is not some high powered scoring machine. I think if the Cowboys can keep Cinn at around their avg scoring per game (20 points a game) then we should have a chance to win this game.
I agree. Eifert is a huge loss for them. He accounted for a lot of their offense last season. I still think aj green is going to give us problems.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. Eifert is a huge loss for them. He accounted for a lot of their offense last season. I still think aj green is going to give us problems.

AJ Green gives a lot of teams problems. That is why he leads the league in receptions and the Cowboys will have their work cut out for them. I would expect that we will see some help being given over the top on Green and while it may be hard to stop him from making the catches Dallas must stop the YAC and make Cinn work for it, not give it up in 1 big play

phildadon86

Reaction score
AJ Green gives a lot of teams problems. That is why he leads the league in receptions and the Cowboys will have their work cut out for them. I would expect that we will see some help being given over the top on Green and while it may be hard to stop him from making the catches Dallas must stop the YAC and make Cinn work for it, not give it up in 1 big play
Green is just a beast. It's hard to stop him. Miami was doing an admirable job. Then they called a screen to him in the flat and he pushed thru for a td untouched. Just hard to beat a guy that actually has plays designed to get him into the end zone.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Green is just a beast. It's hard to stop him. Miami was doing an admirable job. Then they called a screen to him in the flat and he pushed thru for a td untouched. Just hard to beat a guy that actually has plays designed to get him into the end zone.

Given the fact that Cinn is avg 19.5 a game I would not say they are unstoppable or that their play calls are any better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good points, Mr. Flop.

Being that it maybe close..

It could come down to FGs.

Which means they need to be shorter than normal becuz of Bayle's. back.

45+ maybe out of the question for him.

If there's a long FG that's required, the FO is considering Jeff Heath being relegated to that duty. Scary thought, if you ask me. He hasn't kicked FGs since his days in high school. Let's hope Bailey feels up to it, otherwise our FG chances appear pretty shaky. :eek:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If there's a long FG that's required, the FO is considering Jeff Heath being relegated to that duty. Scary thought, if you ask me. He hasn't kicked FGs since his days in high school. Let's hope Bailey feels up to it, otherwise our FG chances appear pretty shaky. :eek:
Yep..

Of all the injuries..

That one could change a lot of things..

forcing us to continue drives rather than kick..

and extra points we will be holding our collective breathes.

I forget..if an extra point gets blocked..

can they advance the ball and score?

I know you used to not allow that..

but with so many rules changes lately..

I don't know the answer.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is mediocre, he is a product of AJ. I expect a few favors from Carrot top.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yep..

Of all the injuries..

I don't know the answer.

If an extra point attempt is blocked by the opposition, it can be picked up and returned to the opposite end zone for two points.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep..

Of all the injuries..

I don't know the answer.
Yes, the extra point can be returned for 2 points by the defense.

The only exception is going for 2.......the defense cannot score if they return the ball off a two point try.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, I"m glad I"m not stuck being a Bengals fan.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yep..

Of all the injuries..

I don't know the answer.

If an extra point attempt is blocked by the opposition, it may be returned by them to the other team's end zone for two points. This rule was initiated as an experiment by the rules committee in 2015 and made permanent by them in December of 2015 for 2016 and beyond.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
all of this is why we need to sign a kicker if Bailey cant kick extra points

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I dont even have to listen to the audio to know this is garbage. And i point out something that should be looked at and give you peace of mind.

Dallas gives up yrds but they dont give up points. And CIN is 24th in the league in scoring. You can harp all you want about this team def being bad but they dont allow points. If the offense scores which they are they win. Which this team does 3-1. Seems like Cowboy fans are the ones who doubt this team more then media and opposing fans. I even saw SAS give it up to this team this week.