Bennett hates Witten

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just wanted to add these videos today. Today is the day apparently the Bennett piece will air where he says he hates Jason Witten. ESPN is already saying maybe witten was wrong. Bunch of clowns.

Well if anyone remembers Bennett was a clown and clinged to Owens right away. The click was Owens, hurd, choice and Bennett. Hurd and Bennett had a t shirt business together and were always doing crazy stuff.

Jason Witten is an extremely serious guy and probably wanted no part of his nonsense although he has never said a bad word about Bennett. Listen to Witten's interview here from march of 2010

Now a few weeks before that Bennett was on the score with Steve Dennis and basically whining about not getting the ball. He was brought here to Block and be a role player. We had problems blocking the nfc east defensive lines and lost a playoff game because of it in 07 so they shipped Fasano out and drafted a guy who could catch, run and be a dominant blocker. Yet he just wanted attention all the time and complained about what was asked of him. Not really a stretch to understand why witten probably had little patience for him. I mean he complained constantly about how rice got the ball more than beans.

I also have videos of Jeff Wade saying Romo worked personally in the offseason with Bennett going into 2010. The guy made nothing but excuses.

I look forward to a number of NFL players responding to these clowns. Their younger brother spent a lot of his time blaming Romo on twitter everyday for everything. Just a bunch of clowns. I don't expect Witten to Respond though because he is not a clown.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dallas handled it wrong. Sometimes players dont work in certain systems. We parted ways, hes a good player, end of story.

Nope. He was pretty immature when he got here and he left the same way.

Mike Pope and Tom Coughlin didn't want anything to do with him after having him around for a season either. They are still looking for a tight end and that is pretty much all you need to know.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bennett has been on 4 teams already in his career - and on 2 of them he actually performed but they did not want him back.

Great talent - ten cent head!

Yep. When The team that drafted you in the second round lets you walk and the best Tight End coach in the business Mike Pope says no thanks after he has been around you for a year....its you and not everyone else.

paladin

Reaction score
Dallas handled it wrong. Sometimes players dont work in certain systems. We parted ways, hes a good player, end of story.

What would the correct handling have been?
Every team that he has played for has seen his performance and basically said:
"You should go elsewhere, we have little interest in keeping you here"

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
BTW I still contend one of the biggest mistakes going into 08 was dumping Fasano for this clown. Fasano was a trusted guy that Romo liked to throw to and he was a team first guy who was well liked amongst the ranks.

Bennett, not so much.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
They just aired a brief clip on ESPN. Said he hates witten cause he never offered to help him and said **** Garrett, I kid you not.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Really? How should Dallas have handled it? I'm just curious because if you think they should have gotten him his own bathroom to make him feel more accepted, then I disagree.
IMO he was an immature punk (like many players) who was talented but wanted everything on his own terms and people just to change and accept that he does not hustle in practice and does not take coaches seriously. Now that was when he was younger and perhaps he's progressed as a teammate? However evidently he eventually wears thin with every team he's played for, Dal, Chi, NY and soon the Pats.

Zordon

Reaction score
"They basically tried to like put their thumb on me, control me, make me something I wasn't, and I think that's why I had trouble early in my career," he said. "Instead of trying to change my game and make my game better, they were trying to change me as person, as a human being, and that's something i was always fighting ... I don't like Jason Garrett ... I didn't get along with him."

I've had the same complaints about Garrett. Get the stick out of your butt and let the players play. I didn't like it when the cameras caught him scolding Zeke for the 'feed me' celebration.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bennett brothers are both clowns. Talented football players, but clowns all the same.

I don't care what Bennett has to say about anything. I'm just really glad he's gone. And I like our current TE group better than I did when he was here anyway.

aikemirv

Reaction score
"They basically tried to like put their thumb on me, control me, make me something I wasn't, and I think that's why I had trouble early in my career," he said. "Instead of trying to change my game and make my game better, they were trying to change me as person, as a human being, and that's something i was always fighting ... I don't like Jason Garrett ... I didn't get along with him."

I've had the same complaints about Garrett. Get the stick out of your butt and let the players play. I didn't like it when the cameras caught him scolding Zeke for the 'feed me' celebration.

Heaven forbid they tried to get him to have a little discipline.

I bet he is learning a bit of it in New England!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Yea it was great when Bennett had the negro Olympics going on youtube and then sided with owens and pushed the narrative about witten, romo and garrett only throwing to the white players. That was great for the team.

Yet it was odd because romo had no problem throwing to the other tight ends. Fasano never complained and did his job and so did John Phillips who showed up and immediately played better than Bennett. Weird huh, do what the team asks and you will succeed. Novel Concept.

Unless you are a loud mouth baby.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The fact that Garrett recognized Martellus Bennett was an ******* who needed to grow up is a point in Garrett's favor and not the opposite.

Let that idiot give interviews about living in Jupiter and go on YouTube doing whatever in his Cowboys helmet. He's a troublemaker whose game isn't as big as his mouth.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marty has TE Envy.
That don't sound right does it. But it is true if you stay focused on football.
:muttley:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What would the correct handling have been?
Every team that he has played for has seen his performance and basically said:
"You should go elsewhere, we have little interest in keeping you here"

Dallas tried to do this "two te set" or tell us of it, or even talked about it. Wrong. They have no intention of even letting Witten slow down. Had Dallas, i dont want ot shock you, does handle things wrong a lot of times" sat him down talked with him about their plans, made everything up front, it would have been handled better even if HE walks. This notion of we want more tes or changing up an offense that is not creative was false. To this day we dont even let antoher TE emerge or grow well. So what do we do, draft more, Its insane and its not working.

Was Bennett young? Yes, did that stop Dallas? no. Whos at fault? the kid because he got drafted, or the team that should already admitting to themselves, "theres no way another TE is emerging on this team"

Dallas was wrong, top to bottom.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The fact that Garrett recognized Martellus Bennett was an ******* who needed to grow up is a point in Garrett's favor and not the opposite.

Let that idiot give interviews about living in Jupiter and go on YouTube doing whatever in his Cowboys helmet. He's a troublemaker whose game isn't as big as his mouth.

i totally get you. NE is having problems with him too.