Bennett hates Witten

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The bigger news would be finding an ex-teammate who did like Jason Witten.

It's like with what we're seeing now with Rayne. You have to play the game together. You don't have to like each other.

Yeah, when Romo retires, I expect him to tell us how he despised Witten and couldn't even get away from the guy when he wanted to go to Cabo to relax.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I would never condone what Irvin did off the field, but he was always a team first player. He was a leader in the locker room. Other players liked and respected him, for the most part.

Bennett couldn't care less about the team. He didn't gain anybody's respect, be it player or coaches. It was always about him. And it still is.

and whats he doing in NE? is he a me player? are players mad at him? what is the atmosphere there? is he happier? maybe he found a home there, maybe he needed a year or two, but hes performing and hes working with the team.

Not many teams build their offense around tight ends. So its harder for TE's. Maybe Martellus didnt know this? I dont know, but Dallas knew what they were getting themselves into and their drafting him was out of his control and that act put both of them in our situation.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
OK how can you compare the 2. Irvin came into the league and worked his but off and performed and then got into trouble. Bennett was an immature kid who was not coachable and a punk who thought he had earned his place in the NFL before he ever made an impact. This is one of the stupidest comparisons ever!

i am not comparing the two. 1 is/was immature. THe other did coke. Again, lets not forget what was. Very simple. One had immense talent, the other is a decent TE.

risco

Reaction score
Yea- Dallas handled it wrong. Why draft the guy if they did not have vision for the young man. Well it seems Tom Brady and company really likes the guy, and he is doing very well as a result. Hmm, I thought he did well with the Giants too.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dallas tried to do this "two te set" or tell us of it, or even talked about it. Wrong. They have no intention of even letting Witten slow down. Had Dallas, i dont want ot shock you, does handle things wrong a lot of times" sat him down talked with him about their plans, made everything up front, it would have been handled better even if HE walks. This notion of we want more tes or changing up an offense that is not creative was false. To this day we dont even let antoher TE emerge or grow well. So what do we do, draft more, Its insane and its not working.

Was Bennett young? Yes, did that stop Dallas? no. Whos at fault? the kid because he got drafted, or the team that should already admitting to themselves, "theres no way another TE is emerging on this team"

Dallas was wrong, top to bottom.

Dallas maybe wrong sometimes. But they weren't wrong in letting this punk go. In fact, shame on ESPN for giving this punk and interview and giving it a storyline.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just to prove a point, ESPN loves Bennett Being real now because he is helping them gain attention.

But when he was in Dallas and behaved the same way, saying for doing whatever he wanted ESPN wrote commentary pieces on him and attacked him left and right and propped him up as something to point at to say the cowboys don't know what they are doing etc..

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story/_/page/hill/090717/sportCat/nfl

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, when Romo retires, I expect him to tell us how he despised Witten and couldn't even get away from the guy when he wanted to go to Cabo to relax.

The book on former players who hate Jason Witten must be characters long at this point. All that hard work, productivity, circumspection, man of the year award winning, and domestic abuse charity.

What's a black unicorn or TO to do with that?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wanted to add these videos today. Today is the day apparently the Bennett piece will air where he says he hates Jason Witten. ESPN is already saying maybe witten was wrong. Bunch of clowns.

Well if anyone remembers Bennett was a clown and clinged to Owens right away. The click was Owens, hurd, choice and Bennett. Hurd and Bennett had a t shirt business together and were always doing crazy stuff.

Jason Witten is an extremely serious guy and probably wanted no part of his nonsense although he has never said a bad word about Bennett. Listen to Witten's interview here from march of 2010

Now a few weeks before that Bennett was on the score with Steve Dennis and basically whining about not getting the ball. He was brought here to Block and be a role player. We had problems blocking the nfc east defensive lines and lost a playoff game because of it in 07 so they shipped Fasano out and drafted a guy who could catch, run and be a dominant blocker. Yet he just wanted attention all the time and complained about what was asked of him. Not really a stretch to understand why witten probably had little patience for him. I mean he complained constantly about how rice got the ball more than beans.

I also have videos of Jeff Wade saying Romo worked personally in the offseason with Bennett going into 2010. The guy made nothing but excuses.

I look forward to a number of NFL players responding to these clowns. Their younger brother spent a lot of his time blaming Romo on twitter everyday for everything. Just a bunch of clowns. I don't expect Witten to Respond though because he is not a clown.

I still miss Jimmy. Garrett has trouble handling guys like MartyB and Greg Hardy. Jimmy handled Charles Haley who was crazier than either one of them.

Physically, MartyB is one of the most talented football players that I've seen in person. I remember being at training camp during his 2nd season and being amazed with his abilities.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dallas maybe wrong sometimes. But they weren't wrong in letting this punk go. In fact, shame on ESPN for giving this punk and interview and giving it a storyline.

i dont disagree with that, i also try to stress this with the draft that people just simply wont understand. not all players fit each coaching staff and offense, plain and simple.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I still miss Jimmy. Garrett has trouble handling guys like MartyB and Greg Hardy. Jimmy handled Charles Haley who was crazier than either one of them.

Physically, MartyB is one of the most talented football players that I've seen in person. I remember being at training camp during his 2nd season and being amazed with his abilities.

If twitter and the internet existed Charles Haley and Players like him....Lawrence Taylor, Lyle Alzado etc....would all have been suspended, hurt their teams and guys like Johnson and Parcells might never have had the success they did.

Dallas did nothing wrong in handling Bennett. He is a spoiled brat big mouth, all this time later he still is.

To this day I have never heard Romo or Witten say a bad word about owens or Bennett or any of that group. Never once. Yet Bennett still cant get over not being good enough here.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
at the end of the day, the team drafts the player. We are responsible for who we draft we pay men good dollar to do this job and sometimes we know we have an owner who will do what he does. Drafting TEs as this team does sometimes isnt going to work. Deal with it, but its us doing the drafting. We have very little excuse because we have so much at our disposal.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If twitter and the internet existed Charles Haley and Players like him....Lawrence Taylor, Lyle Alzado etc....would all have been suspended, hurt their teams and guys like Johnson and Parcells might never have had the success they did.

Dallas did nothing wrong in handling Bennett. He is a spoiled brat big mouth, all this time later he still is.

To this day I have never heard Romo or Witten say a bad word about owens or Bennett or any of that group. Never once. Yet Bennett still cant get over not being good enough here.

do you know that for fact?

dfense

Reaction score
Dallas handled it wrong. Sometimes players dont work in certain systems. We parted ways, hes a good player, end of story.
Well, the TE needy Giants let him walk because Coughlin had enough.
Chicago let him walk and he trashed the QB after leaving.
I'm just glad he's gone. He can play with his cheap shot brother.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
at the end of the day, the team drafts the player. We are responsible for who we draft we pay men good dollar to do this job and sometimes we know we have an owner who will do what he does. Drafting TEs as this does, sometimes isnt going to work. Deal with it, but its us doing the drafting. We have very little excuse because we have so much at our disposal.

This team has done a pretty good job with the tight end position. From the time we signed Dan Campbell and drafted Jason Witten we have had one of the best tight end situations in the league.

I still find it nuts Garrett's brother had to be fired because of Bennett. This team has shown it knows how to use its Tight Ends, Hannah has played the role they drafted Bennett to do and he wanted to be a pass catcher also but does what the team asks and he even resigned here. The team had success with John Phillips, Fasano and now Swaim. All those guys were good or are good at what we ask of that second Tight End Position.

only one guy was a problem.

dfense

Reaction score
Martellous, Hurd and Choice have a line of prison clothes coming out soon.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
do you know that for fact?

Are you aware of their lives off the field? They were insane. Taylor would have spent his whole career being tested or suspended. He was a habitual cocaine user and drank like crazy. He even said he ordered hookers to the other teams hotels the night before the games.....Imagine the internet and gooddells reaction to that when PFT puts it on their site and then espn harps on it all day.

Be real here, a lot of the heroes of the game would not be successful today because of the lack of privacy.

oh it was about Bennett !!! lol.

Yea I am pretty sure the drafting and the use of Hanna and Swaim has shown that is the role Bennett was to play and he wouldn't comply.

Escobar is the other guy who has struggled but I have no idea what the deal is there. is he still hurt? Does he not get open? Is he that bad blocking? I don't know.

but fasano, Phillips, Hannah and swaim have all proven to play this role really well.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The fact that Garrett recognized Martellus Bennett was an ******* who needed to grow up is a point in Garrett's favor and not the opposite.

Let that idiot give interviews about living in Jupiter and go on YouTube doing whatever in his Cowboys helmet. He's a troublemaker whose game isn't as big as his mouth.

/End Thread.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Dallas handled it wrong. Sometimes players dont work in certain systems. We parted ways, hes a good player, end of story.
Or sometimes players don't work in any system. He's on his 4th team, and that tells me Dallas knew what they were doing.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
The bigger news would be finding an ex-teammate who did like Jason Witten.

It's like with what we're seeing now with Rayne. You have to play the game together. You don't have to like each other.
“You cannot tell me there’s a better tight end to ever play the game,” Woodson said.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
most fans dont care wht a player does, as long as he does their job and they can high five their friends and brag about it. If Dallas even clung to their own words "we only want the right kind of guys" this board than should accept who we draft regardless of their talent because we want to practice what we preach, correct?
I thought RKG implementation was very soon after Bennett became a Cowboy.

And he was the reason for the cultre change to RKG.

Anyone?

Anywho.......he's gone and his schtick won't last in NE either.