Bennett: I remember the real hot boyz

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hotboyz is just DLaw blather. Nothing more. It’s a figment.
I don’t understand the uproar over this nickname. As the leader of that unit Lawrence did something to build team comradery amongst that unit. I don’t think it was meant to mean they were the best in the league. You guys took it the wrong way .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t understand the uproar over this nickname. As the leader of that unit Lawrence did something to build team comradery amongst that unit. I don’t think it was meant to mean they were the best in the league. You guys took it the wrong way .

LOL...……..I seriously doubt it was done as some type of leadership thing.

Its just a dumb name, period, and a dumb name to give yourself. You don't give yourself a nickname, other people give you one when you have accomplished something.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
According to whom? I like the music then and like it now. Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it bad.

You like the music, good for you. I don't like it. Is that a problem for you or does everyone have to like what you like?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL...……..I seriously doubt it was done as some type of leadership thing.

Its just a dumb name, period, and a dumb name to give yourself. You don't give yourself a nickname, other people give you one when you have accomplished something.
They sell merchandise with that unit lol. Dumb name or not who cares is my point. Does this dumb name contribute to losses?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You like the music, good for you. I don't like it. Is that a problem for you or does everyone have to like what you like?
No not at all. I don’t expect you to like what I like or even rap music for that matter. My post about you saying it was bad music. That’s subjective. I hate country. Doesn’t mean it’s bad. I just don’t like it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They sell merchandise with that unit lol. Dumb name or not who cares is my point. Does this dumb name contribute to losses?

You apparently have trouble with people that don't agree with you.

Why do you care if people think its dumb or not? Its not your nickname. Do you feel somehow insulted that me and most of the board think the nickname is dumb?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No not at all. I don’t expect you to like what I like or even rap music for that matter. My post about you saying it was bad music. That’s subjective. I hate country. Doesn’t mean it’s bad. I just don’t like it.

You always come back with the country comment. You obviously think I like country. Which I don't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You apparently have trouble with people that don't agree with you.

Why do you care if people think its dumb or not? Its not your nickname. Do you feel somehow insulted that me and most of the board think the nickname is dumb?
I don’t care what you guys think. In this country do you don’t understand something you guys dislike it. I already know this. Different people, cultures...I just don’t get the uproar over it. It’s a dumb nickname. Ok. Why so much energy for something so dumb? I don’t get it but maybe I’m not suppose to. I also understand a lot of you guys are older on this site in your 60s and 70s so I understand the music may be difficult to process or understand.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You always come back with the country comment. You obviously think I like country. Which I don't.
You’re confusing me with someone else. That was my first time bringing up country music. I don’t like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. Doesn’t make them bad movies. Is that a better example?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't have any problem with them having their own nickname. I just think that one sucks. :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t care what you guys think. In this country do you don’t understand something you guys dislike it. I already know this. Different people, cultures...I just don’t get the uproar over it. It’s a dumb nickname. Ok. Why so much energy for something so dumb? I don’t get it but maybe I’m not suppose to. I also understand a lot of you guys are older on this site in your 60s and 70s so I understand the music may be difficult to process or understand.

What uproar? People just think its a dumb name. Your the one posing a big issue with that.

AS far as music, understanding has nothing to do with it. Its a personal preference of what people like to listen to.

Your attempt to apply it to understanding some kind of culture is laughable.

The reality is actually that its the younger generation that simply doesn't understand what real music is.

The 60's, 70's and 80's and even into the 90's was where Music was at its peak in creativity. It was the music boom.

The stuff you hear today doesn't even compare. Not sure I would call it music.

Computer beats, sound machine voice over, and rhyming about shooting people, making money, and banging hoes. LOL

Cmon. Don't try to talk to me about not understanding. The reality is probably more that you don't understand.

Heck you keep implying that I like country music. Just goes to show how you stereotype groups of people.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re confusing me with someone else. That was my first time bringing up country music. I don’t like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. Doesn’t make them bad movies. Is that a better example?

Not really. Again, stereotyping me as to what you think I am. Lord of the rings was awesome. Harry Potter I think is dumb.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What uproar? People just think its a dumb name. Your the one posing a big issue with that.

AS far as music, understanding has nothing to do with it. Its a personal preference of what people like to listen to.

Your attempt to apply it to understanding some kind of culture is laughable.

The reality is actually that its the younger generation that simply doesn't understand what real music is.

The 60's, 70's and 80's and even into the 90's was where Music was at its peak in creativity. It was the music boom.

The stuff you hear today doesn't even compare. Not sure I would call it music.

Computer beats, sound machine voice over, and rhyming about shooting people, making money, and banging hoes. LOL

Cmon. Don't try to talk to me about not understanding. The reality is probably more that you don't understand.

Heck you keep implying that I like country music. Just goes to show how you stereotype groups of people.
I never once said you liked country music. I don’t get it. So country music is bad now too? You keep bringing that up even though I only brought it up once lol.

People fear what they don’t understand. Think about it. How can you like something when you aren’t open to understanding it?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not really. Again, stereotyping me as to what you think I am. Lord of the rings was awesome. Harry Potter I think is dumb.
So I bring up any pop culture reference and I’m sterotyping you? What is the stereotype lol? I’d love to hear this lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never once said you liked country music. I don’t get it. So country music is bad now too? You keep bringing that up even though I only brought it up once lol.

People fear what they don’t understand. Think about it. How can you like something when you aren’t open to understanding it?

I wasn't aware that people fear music. You don't understand music, you listen to it. It either pleases you to listen to it or it doesn't.