Bennett: I remember the real hot boyz

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So I bring up any pop culture reference and I’m sterotyping you? What is the stereotype lol? I’d love to hear this lol.

Your comments have undertones all over it. Your assumptions that I like Country music, Lord of the rings and Harry Potter.

Obviously it is you who has issues with other cultures it seems.

I don't like Vanilla ice either. Does that clear the issue up for you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your comments have undertones all over it. Your assumptions that I like Country music, Lord of the rings and Harry Potter.

Obviously it is you who has issues with other cultures it seems.

I don't like Vanilla ice either. Does that clear the issue up for you?
No answer my what’s the stereotype Im using? What’s the assumption? What do country music, Harry Potter and Lord of the rings have in common?

shabazz

Reaction score
People fear culture. Hip hop is much bigger than music you know that.

That's a myth that some people feed on. People don't fear culture, they just each relate to different ones. To some hip hop is the be all end all and to some country is the be all end all. but this fantasy that certain cultures are to be feared is laughable at best or bigoted and narrow sighted at worst,

Maybe its time to think outside your own culture, whatever that may be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a myth that some people feed on. People don't fear culture, they just each relate to different ones. To some hip hop is the be all end all and to some country is the be all end all. but this fantasy that certain cultures are to be feared is laughable at best or bigoted and narrow sighted at worst,

Maybe its time to think outside your own culture, whatever that may be.
I’ve experienced it and seen it first hand. You can watch the news everyday and see different cultures that are feared because of how they look. Let’s not be naive here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t understand the uproar over this nickname. As the leader of that unit Lawrence did something to build team comradery amongst that unit. I don’t think it was meant to mean they were the best in the league. You guys took it the wrong way .

Pick a better name. Also, it was Taco’s idea anyways and he’s gone now so we need to drop it.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’ve experienced it and seen it first hand. You can watch the news everyday and see different cultures that are feared because of how they look. Let’s not be naive here.

Watch the news? Really. I travel all over this country and its not a reflection of the fake news that over hypes and inflames everything

Real people and real community's aren't reflected by a "made for TV" snapshot from the news for ratings

They live and breathe division and hatred. Everyday people and communities do not. Get a better source than the" News" is feeding you

Sad to see that some folks are bamboozled by this garbage. Peace

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Watch the news? Really. I travel all over this country and its not a reflection of the fake news that over hypes and inflames everything

Real people and real community's aren't reflected by a "made for TV" snapshot from the news for ratings

They live and breathe division and hatred. Everyday people and communities do not. Get a better source than the" News" is feeding you

Sad to see that some folks are bamboozled by this garbage. Peace
Sounds like you are the one bamboozled if you don’t think people are feared because of their culture. If you don’t like the news then read some books on it. I have a few to recommend to you if you want to be open minded about it. But we can’t attack the problem of you refuse to see there is a problem.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sounds like you are the one bamboozled if you don’t think people are feared because of their culture. If you don’t like the news then read some books on it. I have a few to recommend to you if you want to be open minded about it. But we can’t attack the problem of you refuse to see there is a problem.

Yeah, Ok you got me. When "Yo MTV Raps" came out in 1987 hordes of communities hid under their collective beds that this Feared Culture would hunt them down and forever change their lives. If this is what you believe, and makes you feel good, then fine.........but its not others reality.

This is some hilarious stuff right here. Actually wanting to prop up ones culture that it is feared. If a culture is wanting to be feared at least be kind enough to let the rest of us in on it.

Reminds me of the guy who pulls into a gas station with all his windows open and his music turned up way loud to get a reaction.....but most of the people were feeling it in their own ways so it really ruined his day

GMO415

Reaction score
..he was probably thinking about, "New Kids On the Block" ..;)....
giphy.gif
Those guys could kick anyone's arse.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, Ok you got me. When "Yo MTV Raps" came out in 1987 hordes of communities hid under their collective beds that this Feared Culture would hunt them down and forever change their lives. If this is what you believe, and makes you feel good, then fine.........but its not others reality.

This is some hilarious stuff right here. Actually wanting to prop up ones culture that it is feared. If a culture is wanting to be feared at least be kind enough to let the rest of us in on it.

Reminds me of the guy who pulls into a gas station with all his windows open and his music turned up way loud to get a reaction.....but most of the people were feeling it in their own ways so it really ruined his day
Yo MTV raps? What the hell are you talking about?