Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TomPettyFBOG.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aerosmith (mostly before they got sober)

One of the coolest things I've seen at a concert.

We had 'cheap seats' on the lawn section at a local concert venue after a friend gave us tickets for the Aerosmith show. Midway through the show, the band left the main stage and came back and played all of their hits for those of us in the cheap seats on a second smaller stage they had set up. I went from last row to first row. That was a good time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ya had me, right up to that Journey #&@*. :laugh:
Yeah. They always get a reaction. I listed them last ...hehe.
Hesitant to put them in there because of the prejudice against them. Because of the type of music they played and the occasional sappy lyrics, but I just think some underrate Neil Schon as a guitarist. And Perry had a huge vocal range.
Another band that'd I'd catch grief over is the Cars. I think they are underappreciated but would not make my short list anyway.

also, Eddie Van Halen was ahead of time, I thought. So creative.

Pretenders were strong too..imo

Anyway, Aerosmith, Eagles, CCR....that works for me

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tough one, it is based on taste but I imagine The Beach Boys would be right up there. For me, it is Motley Cru, VH, Metallica or Iron Maiden :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the coolest things I've seen at a concert.

We had 'cheap seats' on the lawn section at a local concert venue after a friend gave us tickets for the Aerosmith show. Midway through the show, the band left the main stage and came back and played all of their hits for those of us in the cheap seats on a second smaller stage they had set up. I went from last row to first row. That was a good time.
They're a very cool band in concert. I saw them the time Skid Row opened for them, and Sebastian Bach picked up a bottle that someone had thrown on stage and whipped it back at the guy. He missed, and hit some poor girl in the eye. It was in national news for a while, I don't know if you remember it.

Anyway, when Aerosmith started playing, a bottle flew by Steven Tyler. He stopped the music, and said, "The next mother ****** that throws a bottle on this stage, I'm gonna come down there and **** your old lady right in front of you!"

Nobody threw anything else all night. It was hilarious!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Beach Boys and I wasn't that big of a fan of that kind of music but they did one thing that every one of us that loves rock music should be thankful for and we owe them. Their album, Pet Sounds, inspired Lennon and McCartney to take rock and roll to the next phase, rock music, with Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour and change rock music and open the door for so many others. What an incredible time to be alive and witness that change as a 17 year old guy.

Favorite American band would be The Allman Brothers Band, followed closely by Van Halen and yes, I like both versions with Roth and Hagar.

I would also cast a vote for The Isley Brothers. They re-invented themselves and were a driving force through Funk and Ernie Isley is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, except by other guitarists.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah. They always get a reaction. I listed them last ...hehe.
Hesitant to put them in there because of the prejudice against them. Because of the type of music they played and the occasional sappy lyrics, but I just think some underrate Neil Schon as a guitarist. And Perry had a huge vocal range.
Another band that'd I'd catch grief over is the Cars. I think they are underappreciated but would not make my short list anyway.

also, Eddie Van Halen was ahead of time, I thought. So creative.

Pretenders were strong too..imo

Anyway, Aerosmith, Eagles, CCR....that works for me
Van Halen is very close to the top for me...both incarnations. (The Gary Cherone thing never happened.)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are literally dozens of bands to choose from and it would be easy to argue any of them could be the best answer to the OP. Older stuff like The Beach Boys to hair bands like Eagles, Kansas, Boston, Gun N Roses, Metalicca, Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, KISS and Motley Crue. I'm just glad there are many bands that we can choose from and enjoy.