Best and worst coordinators in Cowboys history

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
mmohican29;2271968 said:
Coslet was terrible but he had one GREAT play... that sneaky throwback where the tight end dives down and reemerges all alone. We scored like three touchdowns using that baby. Anyone remember that? Darnay Scott lol

I was just about to post that. The TE would fall down, his man would go elsewhere thinking he was out of the play, and the TE would come out completely alone on that side of the field.

I can't believe it worked so many times in one year.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CATCH17;2271475 said:
Hands down the worst.

I remember we had a 4th and 12 (I believe) and we punted away the game because Coslet said he didn't have a play for that situation.
Wasn't that for a FG in the TO Dancing on the Star game?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
juckie;2271509 said:
I dont know about worst but Brian Stewart is pretty bad.

The Wade apologists will say: But he's only coached two games.
No, I am talking about last year as well.
Stew has got to improve the performance of a team that is loaded with talent.

Who was the OC guy under Landry the first five years?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Seven;2272010 said:
Chan Gailey.

If you look at the start of Gailey's first season, the Cowboys offense was working very well until Irvin went down. The guy's who followed him also couldn't get much done so his failure is probably mostly due to lack of talent.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Boysboy;2271498 said:
2 games stuck out in my mind in '96 and '97.

1) The Mon Night GB game at TX Stadium in '96-we won 18-6, but ALL of our pts came from FGs. I was happy for Bonio breaking the record, but nonetheless it was a frustrating game to watch our O in.

2) The 2nd Philly game at The Vet in '97-we had it first and goal at the 5...only for that drive to end in a long FG b/c of penalty after penalty after penalty. The Eagles took their last possession and drove it down for the winning score. Very frustrating b/c we could have put the game away with that drive.

Zampisie didn't do any better when he went to New England. Bledsoe started to get exposed under him.

didnt we score 21 that game? i remember the Packers being pissed cause they felt we kicked an unnecessary FG......but i remember it was a record setting 7th FG so that is why we kicked it.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Biggems;2272316 said:
didnt we score 21 that game? i remember the Packers being pissed cause they felt we kicked an unnecessary FG......but i remember it was a record setting 7th FG so that is why we kicked it.

I thought it was the E-girls, and yes it was 7 FG's

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
David Shula was the worst offensive coordinator in Cowboys' history, IMO, and it's not even close.

He couldn't make it work with Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin.

Coslet could have done something with them.

Reilly was even worse than Coslet.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Best Coordinators:

Ernie Stautner
Paul Hackett
Norv Turner
Dave Campo
Jason Garrett
Dave Wannstedt
Butch Davis
Ernie Zampese