Best DC/Marvel Movies of 2022

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X7EBl4m.png

Which were your three favorite DC/Marvel theatrical movies of 2022? You can use the poll for selecting your three choices.

VOTE IN THE POLL! https://cowboyszone.com/threads/comics-and-movies.496024/page-131

Last edited:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Not sure I can fully judge. I saw The Batman, Thor, Morbius, Doctor Strange, Black Adam, and Wakanda Forever.

I don’t really fully remember The Batman too much. It was just ok for me from what I remember IMO.

Morbius was hilarious. Not cause it was good, just based on how bad it was. It was kinda boring too. Whatever.

Doctor Strange was good. Not great. I liked Doctor Strange and America (his sidekick throughout the movie). The movie itself was kinda… everywhere. Idk tonally the direction was off. I enjoyed Wanda as well but I liked her portrayal in Wandavision more than her character in the movie. I also like the Easter egg where Strange meets the “greatest heroes” of the other universe.

Personally, Black Adam was good to me. I liked the characters (minus the little boy, who was annoying). Story was ok, but action was top notch, and character chemistry and humor was great. I also liked that Black Adam was more of an anti-hero than straight villain or hero.

Wakanda Forever was the best. Might be recency bias but I enjoyed almost everything in the movie. Acting was great. Story was great. Great visuals. Great action. Great characters and chemistry. Great soundtrack, and I loved the amount of devotion they gave to Chadwick Boseman. Just a great film overall and probably my favorite hero film of the year.

quickccc

Reaction score
X7EBl4m.png

Which were your three favorite DC/Marvel theatrical movies of 2022? You can use the poll for selecting your three choices.

Thanks for sharing ...
yeh, these are for the movie films,.. but what about "series' for the Superheroes ?

She Hulk Attorney at Law
Ms Marvel
Hawkeye
Moon Knight

i do forget which came out this year - vs what came out last year

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for sharing ...
yeh, these are for the movie films,.. but what about "series' for the Superheroes ?

She Hulk Attorney at Law
Ms Marvel
Hawkeye
Moon Knight

i do forget which came out this year - vs what came out last year
I considered doing both but thought a separate poll for each category, movies and television, would be better. And threads can only support one poll at a time.

Plus, thread polls have a maximum selection of nine options. I did not want to leave anything out. :)

quickccc

Reaction score
BTW, this is how i ranked the best/worse superhero movies this year from the poll list.

1 Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness
2 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
3 Black Adam
4 The Batman
5 Morbius
6 Thor: Love and Thunder
7 DC League of Super-Pets ( Who ..?)

686ef19247330b0530f17b65f1e7541f.jpg

0abe0a4a7b2ff45199b20e468fe3a99d.jpg

77e7bddb1cf56b7ebe1054c1b33cf329.jpg

bbbbd53b48b2cdfa613469734d1f53bc.jpg

c20d061ae803b83ce733cbbd32e88b49.jpg

08ee47c2b7dda6e7edb38edfc57bf1d4.jpg

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
BTW, this is how i ranked the best/worse superhero movies this year from the poll list.

1 Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness
2 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
3 Black Adam
4 The Batman
5 Morbius
6 Thor: Love and Thunder
7 DC League of Super-Pets ( Who ..?)

686ef19247330b0530f17b65f1e7541f.jpg

0abe0a4a7b2ff45199b20e468fe3a99d.jpg

77e7bddb1cf56b7ebe1054c1b33cf329.jpg

bbbbd53b48b2cdfa613469734d1f53bc.jpg

c20d061ae803b83ce733cbbd32e88b49.jpg

08ee47c2b7dda6e7edb38edfc57bf1d4.jpg

I have to be honest, I haven't watched a single one of these. The only reason I didn't watch Dr Strange was I was sick at the time the family went. I never got around to going. It's the only one I will watch of that list. I've seen too many reviews (from friends and otherwise) and clips of the others and just...no thanks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to be honest, I haven't watched a single one of these. The only reason I didn't watch Dr Strange was I was sick at the time the family went. I never got around to going. It's the only one I will watch of that list. I've seen too many reviews (from friends and otherwise) and clips of the others and just...no thanks.
Doctor Strange wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as people expected, and I think the multiverse confuses a lot of people. It's the best of the 4 on the list that I've seen.

quickccc

Reaction score
Doctor Strange wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as people expected, and I think the multiverse confuses a lot of people. It's the best of the 4 on the list that I've seen.

Ditto here.

Maybe it is a reason it's called "madness" , lol ...

Because it did created ongoing, confusing periods and moments with alternative doors and realities. Even those that included
guest superheroes such as
Reed Richards, Blackbolt, etc.
And i cannot emphasized how annoyed i was with the American Chavez character role.

But i thought it was the unexpected, surprise villain effect that became the bonus.
It gave off creepy chase scenes effect that resembled " The Ring" ..or " The Terminator," imo..

Last edited by a moderator:

quickccc

Reaction score
I cannot think of anything that really made me " wow' about " the Batman " . Not anything stood out.
Not the Penquin, ..not the Riddler, not even Catwoman. None of them stood out, none of them i found appealing.

And that also includes the action scenes, fighting skills or unique weaponry.
Only thing i was left with is a suave, different looking Bruce Wayne (Robert Pattinson)

Frankly i could not tell any difference between Catwoman or Batgirl with the way Zoe Kravitz portrayed the role.
There wasn't anything " cat" or " feline " about her role.
Supposedly a sequel is planned ... ' Meh " would be my response to it.

Thor Love and Thunder was an utter mess, a comedy show that had all kind of holes and disinteresting points all across it.
and i flat hated the Jane Foster bid from the start. i couldnt come close to getting into the villain the God Eater.
overall with the way it was presented, i couldn't take it serious, and i was flat out annoyed throughout and really could not wait for it to finally end.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I cannot think of anything that really made me " wow' about " the Batman " . Not anything stood out.
Not the Penquin, ..not the Riddler, not even Catwoman. None of them stood out, none of them i found appealing.

And that also includes the action scenes, fighting skills or unique weaponry.
Only thing i was left with is a suave, different looking Bruce Wayne (Robert Pattinson)

Frankly i could not tell any difference between Catwoman or Batgirl with the way Zoe Kravitz portrayed the role.
There wasn't anything " cat" or " feline " about her role.
Supposedly a sequel is planned ... ' Meh " would be my response to it.

Thor Love and Thunder was an utter mess, a comedy show that had all kind of holes and disinteresting points all across it.
and i flat hated the Jane Foster bid from the start. i couldnt come close to getting into the villain the God Eater.
overall with the way it was presented, i couldn't take it serious, and i was flat out annoyed throughout and really could not wait for it to finally end.
Oh, Zoe Kravitz definitely wowed me! Actually, I think the best thing about that movie (other than her walk) is the fact that they didn't go costume crazy. Maybe they're planning to build up to that, but I hope not.

The Thor movie I won't be watching again...ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Translating what the multiverse is, so general audiences can comprehend it, will be the second biggest challenge for Marvel/Disney during these MCU phases. The first challenge will always be making the best quality product for audiences to spend money on.

There are extremely few pre-MCU movies that have dealt with multiple universes, realities, etc. The few that have are usually 1-to-1 in nature, mainly the protagonist exists in one universe/reality and travels or communicates with another universe/reality like The Cloverfield Paradox, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, etc.

What Marvel/Disney is attempting is far more complex. I still think Spider-Man: No Way Home was a good introduction for general audiences but must honestly admit Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness may have been "too much too soon" for some folks. Unfortunately, the multiverse theme is here and it will only grow in complexity in MCU movies and television series in my opinion.

I still have not seen Everything Everywhere All at Once yet. It has been marketed as a multiverse alternative concept to what Disney/Marvel is doing. It may explain things far better, albeit in a totally different story. One of these days I will catch the movie, probably on Prime Video I guess lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Translating what the multiverse is, so general audiences can comprehend it, will be the second biggest challenge for Marvel/Disney during these MCU phases. The first challenge will always be making the best quality product for audiences to spend money on.

There are extremely few pre-MCU movies that have dealt with multiple universes, realities, etc. The few that have are usually 1-to-1 in nature, mainly the protagonist exists in one universe/reality and travels or communicates with another universe/reality like The Cloverfield Paradox, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, etc.

What Marvel/Disney is attempting is far more complex. I still think Spider-Man: No Way Home was a good introduction for general audiences but must honestly admit Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness may have been "too much too soon" for some folks. Unfortunately, the multiverse theme is here and it will only grow in complexity in MCU movies and television series in my opinion.

I still have not seen Everything Everywhere All at Once yet. It has been marketed as a multiverse alternative concept to what Disney/Marvel is doing. It may explain things far better, albeit in a totally different story. One of these days I will catch the movie, probably on Prime Video I guess lol.
Oh come on! Everyone watched Sliders!! :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh come on! Everyone watched Sliders!! :muttley:
D'OH! :facepalm:

I certainly did. Thanks for reminding me. That was a good concept show for its time, with special effects that were good as well. Plus, I was a fan of John Rhys-Davies ever since he appeared in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was my main draw for watching the show for the first two seasons. Well, he was until Kari Wuhrer join the cast. I was about to dump the show but watched until it ended because of her. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I certainly did. Thanks for reminding me. That was a good concept show for its time, with special effects that were good as well. Plus, I was a fan of John Rhys-Davies ever since he appeared in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was my main draw for watching the show for the first two seasons. Well, he was until Kari Wuhrer join the cast. I was about to dump the show but watched until it ended because of her. :p
She definitely added something special to the show...a few things, really. Acting wasn't one of them, but that's okay.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just watched Everything Everywhere All at Once last night. DO NOT expect a better explanation of the multiverse concept!

:omg:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I liked that series a lot too. Rhys-Davies gave it an authenticity that it would have otherwise lacked.