Best DC/Marvel Movies of 2022

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just watched The Batman again for the third time. For as much as I liked it the first time around, I've found that with each subsequent viewing, I'm growing lesser fond of it.

Maybe I liked it so well the first time because of the theater experience itself. My other viewings have been at home, streaming it on HBO Max.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I just watched Everything Everywhere All at Once last night. DO NOT expect a better explanation of the multiverse concept!

:omg:
Great movie! Michelle Yeoh was stellar and great performances overall.

9fb4c6482626f8600edf101fe620f49c6bdf9345.gifv

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just watched The Batman again for the third time. For as much as I liked it the first time around, I've found that with each subsequent viewing, I'm growing lesser fond of it.

Maybe I liked it so well the first time because of the theater experience itself. My other viewings have been at home, streaming it on HBO Max.

I liked the Bale, Keaton and even Affleck versions better than Twilight Batman.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think we've been lucky with the three "Batmen" you mentioned. I didn't mind Pattinson's Batman, especially in the context that he was still green and learning what Batman needed to be. I look forward to future installments with him. Hopefully, the pacing picks up a bit.

Here's my hot take: Kilmer would've been fantastic in the Nolan universe.

quickccc

Reaction score

I think we've been lucky with the three "Batmen" you mentioned. I didn't mind Pattinson's Batman, especially in the context that he was still green and learning what Batman needed to be. I look forward to future installments with him. Hopefully, the pacing picks up a bit.

Best Batman actors:

Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Rob Pattinson
Ben Afflick
George Clooney
Val Kilmer
Adam West

Best Batman Movies
Dark Knight
Batman The Beginning
Batman '89 (Burton)
Batman Returns (burton)
Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Dark Knight Rises
Batman and Robin
Batman Forever

Best Batman Directors

Christopher Nolan
Tim Burton
Matt Reeves
Zack Snyder
Joe Schumacher
Joss Wheldon

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When they have to make a collar on the Bat suit just to make your neck look big enough, you're not right for the role.

quickccc

Reaction score
Best Batman actors:
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Rob Pattinson
Ben Afflick
George Clooney
Val Kilmer
Adam West

Best Batman Movies
Dark Knight
Batman The Beginning
Batman '89 (Burton)
Batman Returns (burton)
Justice League
Dark Knight Rises
Batman and Robin
Batman Forever

Best Batman Directors

Christopher Nolan
Tim Burton
Matt Reeves
Zack Snyder
Joe Schumacher
Joss Wheldon

ddf07df448fc4dbb222da6d083ea130f.jpg

i just wished they would make Batman's fighting skills in much more in awe and splashy.
It's too bland and ordinary, imo

Darn it .. if he learned the dark art of Ninjutsu..(ala Batman the Beginning with master-teacher Liam Neeson) .. then Gosh-Darn it
show him fighting and displaying ninja ..

- Holograms- Cast illusions
- Blinding Black Smoke ...
- Invisibility
- Master of Disguises
- Booby Traps
- Stealth without ropes

We see impressive fighting skills from Captain America, - hand to hand, acrobats,. jujitsu, martial arts whirlwind spin kicks and roundhouse ..why don't we see
the dark knight do the same ...?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ddf07df448fc4dbb222da6d083ea130f.jpg

i just wished they would make Batman's fighting skills in much more in awe and splashy.
It's too bland and ordinary, imo

Darn it .. if he learned the dark art of Ninjutsu..(ala Batman the Beginning with master-teacher Liam Neeson) .. then Gosh-Darn it
show him fighting and displaying ninja ..

- Holograms- Cast illusions
- Blinding Black Smoke ...
- Invisibility
- Master of Disguises
- Booby Traps
- Stealth without ropes

We see impressive fighting skills from Captain America, - hand to hand, acrobats,. jujitsu, martial arts whirlwind spin kicks and roundhouse ..why don't we see
the dark knight do the same ...?
Cap is enhanced. Bruce Wayne is just a guy who learned how to fight as an adult.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My takes:
Best Batman actors:
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Rob Pattinson
Ben Afflick
George Clooney
Val Kilmer
Adam West
Christian Bale
Michael Keaton
Robert Pattinson
Val Kilmer
Ben Affleck
Kevin Conroy
George Clooney
~insert chasm~
Adam West
Best Batman Movies
Dark Knight
Batman The Beginning
Batman '89 (Burton)
Batman Returns (burton)
Justice League
Dark Knight Rises
Batman and Robin
Batman Forever
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman: The Long Holloween (Parts 1 & 2)
Batman & Robin

Best Batman Directors
Christopher Nolan
Tim Burton
Matt Reeves
Zack Snyder
Joe Schumacher
Joss Wheldon
Christopher Nolan
~insert buffer~
Everyone else

quickccc

Reaction score
Cap is enhanced. Bruce Wayne is just a guy who learned how to fight as an adult.

By comic book terms, Cap's Strength speed is enhanced by the Super Soldier serum... but that should not have anything to do with how fighting skill should and can be
better displayed in the movies.

- Black Widow is Not "enhanced" .. but her fighting sequences in the movies are loaded with impressive acrobatics, hand grappling, hand to hand combat.

- Daredevil's physical strength and speed is not enhanced by his heightened senses, but his natural athleticism and taught up fighting skills
(per Stick) has been impressively on display in his movie and series.

It's because Batman does not have super powers is all the more reason why his other skills such as Ninjitsu, and his Bat-gadgets need to stand out that much
more.
The Bat- Hummer is really great , as well as some impressive chase scenes (ala Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises and Batman '89) ..but i could never rank his hand to hand combat
scenes as wow -memorable. No matter the Batman movie, director, actor, etc. ..... :rolleyes:.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- Daredevil's physical strength and speed is not enhanced by his heightened senses, but his natural athleticism and taught up fighting skills (per Stick) has been impressively on display in his movie and series.
Credit should be given to Matt's father for teaching him boxing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
By comic book terms, Cap's Strength speed is enhanced by the Super Soldier serum... but that should not have anything to do with how fighting skill should and can be
better displayed in the movies.

- Black Widow is Not "enhanced" .. but her fighting sequences in the movies are loaded with impressive acrobatics, hand grappling, hand to hand combat.

- Daredevil's physical strength and speed is not enhanced by his heightened senses, but his natural athleticism and taught up fighting skills
(per Stick) has been impressively on display in his movie and series.

It's because Batman does not have super powers is all the more reason why his other skills such as Ninjitsu, and his Bat-gadgets need to stand out that much
more.
The Bat- Hummer is really great , as well as some impressive chase scenes (ala Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises and Batman '89) ..but i could never rank his hand to hand combat
scenes as wow -memorable. No matter the Batman movie, director, actor, etc. ..... :rolleyes:.
These others learned from much younger than Batman, and they're not wearing a 50 pound costume that restricts their movement.

quickccc

Reaction score
These others learned from much younger than Batman, and they're not wearing a 50 pound costume that restricts their movement.

If i'm watching a movie, i'm not caring about a 50 lb costume.

i'm caring about impressive fighting choreography - what's put and place in front of the camera for the viewing audiences.

quickccc

Reaction score
Credit should be given to Matt's father for teaching him boxing.

Matt's father was murdered before Stick took young Matt under his wing and significantly helped him in both handling his blindness and his remaining senses
as well as training him fighting combat.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Matt's father was murdered before Stick took young Matt under his wing and significantly helped him in both handling his blindness and his remaining senses
as well as training him fighting combat.
True but Murdoch does box, both inside and outside his comic book title. Boxing is a fighting style that was not taught to Matt by Stick but by his father.

quickccc

Reaction score
True but Murdoch does box, both inside and outside his comic book title. Boxing is a fighting style that was not taught to Matt by Stick but by his father.

@DallasEast ... Meh ...Totally Apples and Oranges. :p

- Jack Murdock wanted his son Matt to focus more on his books and studies, so he would have a better chance to grow up in the high dollar professions as doctor or lawyer
so he would not have the financial struggles and no fall back options, like he had to deal with.

- As a young kid, Matt Murdock is not gonna have the lengthy, extensive and significant hand combat training that his sensei master Stick gave him.
Young Matt actually got physically bullied in the neighborhood, (hence the nickname " Daredevil" Murdock ) because he actually wasn’t being taught to box by his boxer father.

- Stick had Matt from childhood teen and into his adulthood.
It’s never been known or profiled that Jack Murdock ever box-taught Matthew.

- Post accident- Matt is blind,.. so even before Jack’s evitable death, how was his father gonna teach Matt about how to hone Matt’s heightened senses to detect heartbeat ?
use his radar ability to focus and center and pin onto imaged solar targets ? And into the martial arts training ?

- Stick himself is blind, but he’s mastered both martial arts – and apparently had limited “radar’ senses himself, to teach Murdock how to use those radar senses.

220px-Daredevil_%281964%29_1.jpg

Stickdd.png