Best DC/Marvel Movies of 2022

quickccc

Reaction score
@DallasEast ... Meh ...Totally Apples and Oranges. :p

- Jack Murdock wanted his son Matt to focus more on his books and studies, so he would have a better chance to grow up in the high dollar professions as doctor or lawyer
so he would not have the financial struggles and no fall back options, like he had to deal with.

- As a young kid, Matt Murdock is not gonna have the lengthy, extensive and significant hand combat training that his sensei master Stick gave him.
Young Matt actually got physically bullied in the neighborhood, (hence the nickname " Daredevil" Murdock ) because he actually wasn’t being taught to box by his boxer father.

- Stick had Matt from childhood teen and into his adulthood.
It’s never been known or profiled that Jack Murdock ever box-taught Matthew.

- Post accident- Matt is blind,.. so even before Jack’s evitable death, how was his father gonna teach Matt about how to hone Matt’s heightened senses to detect heartbeat ?
use his radar ability to focus and center and pin onto imaged solar targets ? And into the martial arts training ?

- Stick himself is blind, but he’s mastered both martial arts – and apparently had limited “radar’ senses himself, to teach Murdock how to use those radar senses.

220px-Daredevil_%281964%29_1.jpg

Stickdd.png

lol .. sorry, but i get a big kick outta seeing these old school back in da day Marvel Comics look ....did Iron Man, DD and Xmen actually look like this ..? :laugh:.

200px-Tales_of_Suspense_39.jpg

220px-Daredevil_%281964%29_1.jpg

Original_X-Men.jpeg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
ddf07df448fc4dbb222da6d083ea130f.jpg

i just wished they would make Batman's fighting skills in much more in awe and splashy.
It's too bland and ordinary, imo

Darn it .. if he learned the dark art of Ninjutsu..(ala Batman the Beginning with master-teacher Liam Neeson) .. then Gosh-Darn it
show him fighting and displaying ninja ..

- Holograms- Cast illusions
- Blinding Black Smoke ...
- Invisibility
- Master of Disguises
- Booby Traps
- Stealth without ropes

We see impressive fighting skills from Captain America, - hand to hand, acrobats,. jujitsu, martial arts whirlwind spin kicks and roundhouse ..why don't we see
the dark knight do the same ...?
Ninjitsu itself is not really a fighting style, more of a strategy, it's about stealth, deception and really avoiding straight up confrontation, more about assassination and surprise. He constantly displays ninja skills, all the different gadgets he uses would be considered very ninja-like in a modern/futuristic way. Of course they were taught and trained to defend themselves, but it was more about completing a mission in secret than facing foes on a battlefield. They weren't supposed to be flashy, be efficient, quick and disappear.

I think it also has to do with the villains he usually faces, they are more psychological than physical. Very few would be a match for Batman physically, (Joker, Penguin, Riddler, etc.) and most physical fights are with their henchmen, which he mows through pretty fast. We do get some flashes, but it would be cool to see some bigger fights though.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ninjitsu itself is not really a fighting style, more of a strategy, it's about stealth, deception and really avoiding straight up confrontation, more about assassination and surprise. He constantly displays ninja skills, all the different gadgets he uses would be considered very ninja-like in a modern/futuristic way. Of course they were taught and trained to defend themselves, but it was more about completing a mission in secret than facing foes on a battlefield. They weren't supposed to be flashy, be efficient, quick and disappear.

I think it also has to do with the villains he usually faces, they are more psychological than physical. Very few would be a match for Batman physically, (Joker, Penguin, Riddler, etc.) and most physical fights are with their henchmen, which he mows through pretty fast. We do get some flashes, but it would be cool to see some bigger fights though.

Ninjitsu was brought into Bruce Wayne/Batman's life.in Batman Begins. .. it tweak and turned it to make it suit Wayne's morality (ala no assasination)
but we saw it engaged in Batman Begins.

But we'll encounter those full fight scenes with the main villain - you would think the master sensei that taught Wayne the way of Ninjitsu, would make for
a helluva finale fight choreography finish ..but yet it brought the same meh- so-so ordinary Batman fights i've been complaining about (as seen below0

Batman's Train fight ( Batman Begins)

Ironically i found his training sessions much more enjoyable than actual vs villain fights.

" Disappear " .. " fight 6 men or fight 6 hundred " ... " Invisible " ... " Ninja understands patience and ability .."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol .. sorry, but i get a big kick outta seeing these old school back in da day Marvel Comics look ....did Iron Man, DD and Xmen actually look like this ..? :laugh:.
Yep. One thing I really appreciated about Marvel Comics was its willingness to evolve appearances and concepts of its characters over time.

Not sure about general audiences
but I was really excited seeing essentially Tony Stark's original suit in Iron Man back in 2008. It was cool watching Stark's genius in action just like in the original comics way back when.

The homage paid to Matt Murdoch's suit during last season's She-Hulk: Attorney At Law was a BIT cringeworthy. Some concepts do NOT age well. :p

I am old enough to remember Charles Xavier's original suits for his students. They are classics in my eyes, so much so that I was a split-second disappointed the team did not use them for the first time in 2000's X-Men. That said, it would have seem strange seeing Storm and Wolverine dressed in the classic unis, since they debuted years after Xavier's first class of mutants in their own 1970's themed outfits.

Still lol @ Bobby Drake's snowman before he gained enough control of his mutant power to overlay his body with ice.