Best Debut Album

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What album is the best debut album for an artist or group. There are some groups that had releases before their debut album as that group such as Fleetwood Mac which was a huge album once the band as we know it now debuted.

I had a tough time deciding between two albums that the first time I sat down and listened was absolutely blown away at the maturity of their sound and depth of tracks on the album.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Boston might still be the best selling debut album of all time, though I like Bad Company better.

But my personal choice would be
6i5Efopl.jpg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I can't disagree with all of these. Please allow me to include Pearl Jam's 10.
Brilliant, brilliant album and helped facilitate the Grunge scene.

61asK-MO3NL._SX355_.jpg

Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite is another one that is little known, but every single song is a masterpiece and extremely influential to the future of R&B.

600x600bf.jpg

Respectfully submitted, of course...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as a debut album that had people going "how in the hell did he get those people"? Even the jocks spinning his music were baffled. No nobody ever debuted an album with more somebody's than he did.

I got this album and started reading the liner notes and was mystified with the names helping him out and I was all about liner notes and the players. Never heard of him before and thought I'd been abducted by aliens and returned just in time to buy this. They didn't take all my money.

Talk about a bizarre crossing of paths that he just happened to be recording when the Eagles, Stevie Nicks and Michael McDonald just happened to be in other studios, heard his stuff and said "hey, mind if we sit in"?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis Presley.....'56 debut album...its ironic the opening track...Blue Suede Shoes...begins with a count-down.
This album goes gold and to the #1 spot on bilboard....and by years end he is known by one name all over the world.

side-the iconic cover shot is from a live show in Tampa,Florida.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elvis Presley.....'56 debut album...its ironic the opening track...Blue Suede Shoes...begins with a count-down.
This album goes gold and to the #1 spot on bilboard....and by years end he is known by one name all over the world.

side-the iconic cover shot is from a live show in Tampa,Florida.
So was Prince, even when he changed it to &^%$#$%^.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
best debut album by group:
Lynyrd Skynyrd's Pronounced....great album..
great music...Tuesday's Gone,Gimmie Three Steps,Simple Man and Free Bird.
That was on my list. I got that album the day it came out, got home, lit up, put it on and by the time Free Bird hit, my wife and I were in heaven. At my wife's service in Dallas, I closed it out with Free Bird.

When they were building Prestonwood Mall, she was driving our son to tennis practice and that song came on the ZEW, legendary Dallas AOR station, and she pulled into the empty parking lot and began driving around in circles with all the windows open and blaring. When the song ended she came to a stop and unbeknownst to her, there were a bunch of workmen on the edge of the lot and they started cheering her. I have never listened to that song since that day and neither has my son but it is an incredible song.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ray Charles...his '57 self-titled debut...later changed to Hallelujah I Just Love Her So is damn good.
drown in my own tears,mess around,i got a woman,this little girl of mine.
GREAT music.