Best Debut Album

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Is This It - The Strokes (2001)

Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)

Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division (1979)

The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground (1967)

I’ll stop there for now. Beastie Boys, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Kanye West, Jimi Hendrix and Arctic Monkeys are all deserving too. Plus many more. These are just my favorites.

Dude, you killed it with Is This It, same with Funeral. Not only are they in the GOAT albums discussions (for me), but they are debuts and incredible. Just incredible. You the man, DrChicken :star::star:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Another vote for Boston's debut album. That was an innovative musical sound using amazing vocal harmonies and a unique guitar tone -- and Tom Scholtz did it from a home studio, which was unheard of at the time. It was a rock musical breakthrough.

triplets_93

Reaction score
81tDqtyx7yL._SL1425_.jpg

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Im going the hip hop route.

Biggie - ready to die
Nas - illmatic
Camp Lo - uptown Saturday night
Kanye - college dropout
Dre - chronic
Snoop - doggystyle
Eric b and rakim - paid in full

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Boston
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Motley Crue
Black Crowes
The Cars
Beastie Boys
Van Halen
Ratt
AC/DC
GNR
Ozzy

all exceptional debut albums

triplets_93

Reaction score

I got to experience this debut LP. Other debut albums that came out by other bands, I got in late to the party. But not this one. No other debut LP knocked me in the gut like this one. In 1978, Zeppelin's future was unknown. And VH seemed like they would be the torch bearers of Top Tier Hard Rock.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I got to experience this debut LP. Other debut albums that came out by other bands, I got in late to the party. But not this one. No other debut LP knocked me in the gut like this one. In 1978, Zeppelin's future was unknown. And VH seemed like they would be the torch bearers of Top Tier Hard Rock.
I bought the album on import ( it was not availabie in the uk) and saw them on their first tour over here supporting sabbath in the london gigs. They were very good but seemed not quite there yet.A few months later they did a solo mini tour and i managed to see them again at the rainbow in london. The audience went crazy and the band in those weeks now looked like a superstar outfit.
They were indeed the top of the hard rock pile after zeppelin broke up a year later but much as i like some of the later albums ( even the hagar albums) they never reached the heights of that debut album.