Best Hard Rock Songs

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lol. Not sure this fits, but it looks like they're having fun
Cinderella "Somebody Save Me"

Saw them live before and they were actually pretty good. Their first album is great. Sadly they got lumped in with Poison and Trixter when they had more in common with 70s era Aerosmith.,

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Great tune. Criminally underrated band.

That is one of the best riffs ever. Got to see Michael Schenker about 10 years ago and it was a treat. Monster player.

Saw the Diary of a Madman tour in Norman Oklahoma about a month before the accident. Randy was and still is one of my favorite players to this day.
Lucky you, never got to see Randy play live, I saw Ozzy a couple years after the accident at the Texas Jam.

I grew up just outside San Antonio and was lucky to have a great Radio station during the 70's and early 80's. "The Godfather" Joe Anthony was a DJ and programming director and went out and found new and emerging bands that wasn't been played in the states. Bands like Rush, Triumph, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Legs Diamond, Saxon, and tons of others that people hadn't heard of......yet. During their early years some of these bands struggled to get bookings in the states yet and were surprised that the shows in San Antonio would be sold out and that the crowds knew the words to all their songs.

Joe wouldn't just play a couple cuts, he'd play the whole albums of new bands, just play the entire album sides randomly, just because he wanted to and thought people would dig it. No rules, he played what he wanted and what the people wanted, anything rock/metal Joe played it. We got heavy doses of bands like Budgie, UFO, Pat Travers, Triumph....... Triumph's "Fight The Good Fight" was actually our graduating class song....lol

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lucky you, never got to see Randy play live, I saw Ozzy a couple years after the accident at the Texas Jam.

I grew up just outside San Antonio and was lucky to have a great Radio station during the 70's and early 80's. "The Godfather" Joe Anthony was a DJ and programming director and went out and found new and emerging bands that wasn't been played in the states. Bands like Rush, Triumph, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Legs Diamond, Saxon, and tons of others that people hadn't heard of......yet. During their early years some of these bands struggled to get bookings in the states yet and were surprised that the shows in San Antonio would be sold out and that the crowds knew the words to all their songs.

Joe wouldn't just play a couple cuts, he'd play the whole albums of new bands, just play the entire album sides randomly, just because he wanted to and thought people would dig it. No rules, he played what he wanted and what the people wanted, anything rock/metal Joe played it. We got heavy doses of bands like Budgie, UFO, Pat Travers, Triumph....... Triumph's "Fight The Good Fight" was actually our graduating class song....lol

Ya it was a great show, still remember exactly where i was when the horrible news came on the radio. About a year later i called Musonia which is the school his Mother Delores ran and also where Randy taught. She talked to me for a good 5-10 minutes, was extremely nice and told if i was ever in Hollywood to stop by and visit. She passed on a couple of years ago,
Funny you mention it i have a friend in San Antonio who loves Budgie as well as the Dallas Cowboys. He also talked about that DJ and all the wonderful music he was turned onto from him playing it on the radio. Also told me a lot of good shows rolled through there in the 70s/80s. Your initials wouldn't happen to be B.D would they?
@JohnnyTheFox is right, criminally underrated band.......

Have heard this before but only a couple times. Great tune. No clue why they didnt get more radio airplay.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Ya it was a great show, still remember exactly where i was when the horrible news came on the radio. About a year later i called Musonia which is the school his Mother Delores ran and also where Randy taught. She talked to me for a good 5-10 minutes, was extremely nice and told if i was ever in Hollywood to stop by and visit. She passed on a couple of years ago,
Funny you mention it i have a friend in San Antonio who loves Budgie as well as the Dallas Cowboys. He also talked about that DJ and all the wonderful music he was turned onto from him playing it on the radio. Also told me a lot of good shows rolled through there in the 70s/80s. Your initials wouldn't happen to be B.D would they?

Have heard this before but only a couple times. Great tune. No clue why they didnt get more radio airplay.
LOL.....no sorry. There's a lot of us though, check out the YouTube comments sections for bands like Budgie, Saxon, Legs Diamond, etc. a lot of San Antonio people just like me and your buddy, that got turned on to all these great bands by Joe Anthony, the man was a Rock Legend!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
LOL.....no sorry. There's a lot of us though, check out the YouTube comments sections for bands like Budgie, Saxon, Legs Diamond, etc. a lot of San Antonio people just like me and your buddy, that got turned on to all these great bands by Joe Anthony, the man was a Rock Legend!

I had to go read up on him, bet that was quite an exciting time for rock fans. Something that btw can never be duplicated.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I had to go read up on him, bet that was quite an exciting time for rock fans. Something that btw can never be duplicated.
It was, people waiting to hear what cool new band/song he was gonna drop next. You're right, radio has been too incorporated, there might be some cool podcasts, but not something like that, that influences a whole region.

Here's another cool Joe Anthony drop, a Canadian band with a little Led Zep vibe to them......

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
It was, people waiting to hear what cool new band/song he was gonna drop next. You're right, radio has been too incorporated, there might be some cool podcasts, but not something like that, that influences a whole region.

Here's another cool Joe Anthony drop, a Canadian band with a little Led Zep vibe to them......

Wow, kind of sounds like it could have been early Zeppelin or something from Rush's 1st album.