Best Hard Rock Songs

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You gonna make me bust out the big guns, this has always been my fave Saxon tune.

Good one! Honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Saxon, they seemingly opened for just about every major act that came through SA. If Saxon was on the bill, you knew it was gonna be a great show, they always brought the heat!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Good one! Honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Saxon, they seemingly opened for just about every major act that came through SA. If Saxon was on the bill, you knew it was gonna be a great show, they always brought the heat!

Now im kinda jealous i never got to seem them, who woulda thought so many NWOBHM bands played in SAT.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Ever seen the Rush videos for Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Vital Signs? Yep recorded in that very same studio in the April Wine video, Le Studio in Canada.
Think that might have been the Golden Era of Canadian rock music....... Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Moxy, Pat Travers, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, among others during that time

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Now im kinda jealous i never got to seem them, who woulda thought so many NWOBHM bands played in SAT.
Back then SA was the Heavy Metal Capitol of the World, here was huge Hard Rock/Metal fan base. I remember Judas Priest saying they loved coming to SA in those early years, they would be playing clubs and bars in other cities, but they would come to SA and play a sold out arena. I've heard other bands say similar things from back then.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Back then SA was the Heavy Metal Capitol of the World, here was huge Hard Rock/Metal fan base. I remember Judas Priest saying they loved coming to SA in those early years, they would be playing clubs and bars in other cities, but they would come to SA and play a sold out arena. I've heard other bands say similar things from back then.
I was listening to the Anniversary release of JP Screaming For Vengeance live bonus tracks, and San Antonio is there! Dallas was also a big JP stop.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Think that might have been the Golden Era of Canadian rock music....... Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Moxy, Pat Travers, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, among others during that time
Streetheart, Walter Rossie, Chilliwack

I grew up on all this stuff, listening to Canadian radio out of Montreal.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Streetheart, Walter Rossie, Chilliwack

I grew up on all this stuff, listening to Canadian radio out of Montreal.

Chilliwack, wow, that's a band name I haven't heard in a real long time. I had a friend that was a huge fan, surprised they didn't get more play here in the states.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Chilliwack, wow, that's a band name I haven't heard in a real long time. I had a friend that was a huge fan, surprised they didn't get more play here in the states.

I have that song as the alarm tone on my phone. Great way to start to "see the morning from the other side."